House Price Crash Forum

Forum Upgrade Issues

Techy

HOLA441

Cant change my signature, specifically adding urls. Getting an error saying can't add urls to signature (though the url i had previously is still visable).

Edit to add error (I haven't removed the number between "up to" and "lines"):

[#10211] You may only use up to lines of text in your signature.

Edited by the.ciscokid

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
Guest Steve Cook

General moan.

I like to search on specific members and read their posts in a serial scrolling manner like we had before.

Now i can only read the first line........... and have to do lots of jumping about into and out of threads :-(

Oh, and it doesnt tell you when the user was last online in the members search page (and see if they have posted....)

Yes, this yet another major gripe for me aswell

HOLA443

'My Assistant' feature gone, and 'programme not responding' every five minutes.

All this aggro since the site changed. No more Caption Competitions if I can't upload photos. No more me if it carries on like this. Anyone else getting these problems? What is going on???

HOLA444

Might have already been mentioned but my eyes can't take this colour scheme... "Stretch this page" isn't sticky. I seem to remember this happened on the last upgrade too.

I love the fact that webmaster / techy / "whoever it was" said this had all been tested before deployment. I can only hope that I see his CV one day.

HOLA445
Guest X-QUORK

A new problem for me this morning, posts with pics in them are overlapping. This tends to bugger up the bottom of the page.

Why are things getting worse?

May I suggest the layout should be PRIORITY ONE?! Worry about bleeding PMs and the search function later on. :rolleyes:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Have already mentioned this, but the recent posts links on the main page have disappeared. Being interested in the both the on and off topic fora this is a little frustrating.

Any chance it's coming back ? There is a space for it on the main page.

I am running Safari. OSX 10.5.8, is this the issue ??

Does it bother anyone else or am I a lone voice ?

HOLA449

Have already mentioned this, but the recent posts links on the main page have disappeared. Being interested in the both the on and off topic fora this is a little frustrating.

We're aware of this issue, getting hold of this info is one of the major changes in the latest version of the software so it'll take a little bit to replicate again.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Not all my posts are appearing. (Fine in off topic, but not yet appeared in the Halifax thread).

Am I on Mod approval? If so, why?

If not, there is a huge lag problem.

edit: This one appeared straight away...

2nd EDIT: OK, got it now. It's a cut and paste glitch. I was pasting into the post without going into the HTML editor first. The board obviously thinks the post is empty and ignores it. It would be nice if it flagged this up...

Edited by Timm

HOLA4413

Are you aware that forum traffic has fallen right off? It would make commercial sense to revert to the old design immediately. I for one can hardly bear to stay on the forum for more than 5 minutes a day. The design and usability is completely dire! It's almost as though the forum is being undermined on purpose. Tragic!

Simple answer - revert back to the old design.

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4414

Simple answer - revert back to the old design.

Unfortunately, the reason that we have not done this is because it's simply not possible. There were too many changes between the previous and newest versions of the forum software to simply use the old design. However, we're working as hard as possible on getting the new design to match both the previous design in terms of usability and all the new stuff that people are enjoying as a result of the upgrade - you'll just have to bear with us until we can get it sorted :-)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

yeah, but it is annoying, can the resize occur before the page is displayed, pretty please with cherries ontop

This should be fixed now. The problem of disappearing posts may also be alleviated to an extent as we were having a server issue. Can anyone let me know if they're still experiencing this problem, and also if it's (as Timm suggested) to do with copying + pasting your reply into the post reply box. The signatures should also be behaving themselves now, and I'm looking into the photo upload issue.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Realistbear has posted here for years and has contributed to the success of this site, I'm amazed that his opinions and those of others senior posters have been ignored, I've cut down my viewing of this once great site by around 80% since this 'upgrade' was applied.

Sadly, IMO, the new layout sucks royally.

Can we have the old one back now please?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425