House Price Crash Forum

Are You Happy With The New Hpc?

Guest X-QUORK

HOLA441

It's a big no-no from me.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect new pages to load up in less than 30-60 seconds. This is my biggest bug-bear. Apart from the fact that every other aspect is shite but tolerable.

Edit: By the way Quorky, i'm using Firefox instead of IE6 - as other posters have suggested - and it's still slow as shite.

HOLA442
Guest X-QUORK

Ok campers...let's vote.

I think it's pants by the way.

Jesus effing Christ...it's almost impossible to see the f*cking poll!

Give me strength...

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Ok campers...let's vote.

I think it's pants by the way.

Jesus effing Christ...it's almost impossible to see the f*cking poll!

Give me strength...

I'd get the sack if I delivered something so sh1te.

It's going to help my productivity at work no end though.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest AuntJess

Not too keen.sad.gif Takes for ever to load. Won't let you correct/edit stuff: I had to come out and go in THREE times afore it let memad.gif

Tendency to multiple postings.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I'm not that bothered about it, at least on my pc set up its not that bad.

Anyway, isn't this site best for its quality of the content via the rag tag bunch of posters here, and not appearance? Unlike my posts and input :P

HOLA4410

If update scripts are running causing the server to grind to a halt, fair enough for the slow down, but which numpty decided to run the scripts now instead of the middle of the night?

Trying to be a bit more constructive,

The black buttons are far too large and intrusive, they need scaling down and toning down. It is very hard to read a post when your eye is getting constantly drawn away, very, very bad design.

On the thread listing page, links are no longer coloured so it is difficult to tell if you have read part of a thread or not.

The page numbering of threads using pretty buttons is far too large and distracting, it also forces linebreaks into thread titles that screw up appearance and ease of use.

CSS is broken in FF/Flock, text can breakout of the layout.

Some Quote blocks have been broken and some haven't?

On a positive note,

The 'watch feature' looks interesting and is a welcome enhancement.

The change of text colour inside of quotes from the old blue on white to the new black on white is also welcome, large blocks of pasted text should now be easier to read.

HOLA4411
Guest KingCharles1st

When I logged on this morning it was shit-

- it's been getting shitter all day,

and now it's UBERSHIT

I really can't be arsed to play with it like this.

Anyone got an alternative...?

HOLA4412

One other thing,

The rating system doesn't work.

The rating system floats over text obscuring it.

Introducing a rating system into a community 'just because' is a really, really bad idea. It can completely change the way people use a forum, usually for the worst.

Currently if people think a post is excellent or rubbish they reply to it and add a (sometimes) well constructed, thought out comment that adds something to the conversation.

This 'healthy debate' is one of the main features and attractions of how HPC works, you really don't want to screw that up without giving it some serious thought first.

Disable the rating system at least for a few weeks when you have had time to think about the benefits/drawbacks.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Well, i'm pleased to say that the lack of speed is no longer a problem. Still, that just leaves the garish Lego icons and buttons, and godawful pastel blue background.

Quorky, perhaps you should have posted this poll on the main forum for greater exposure. Somehow, I don't think our 30-odd votes in the 'no camp' will have Fubra quaking in their boots.

Ho hum.

HOLA4415

Well, i'm pleased to say that the lack of speed is no longer a problem. Still, that just leaves the garish Lego icons and buttons, and godawful pastel blue background.

Quorky, perhaps you should have posted this poll on the main forum for greater exposure. Somehow, I don't think our 30-odd votes in the 'no camp' will have Fubra quaking in their boots.

Ho hum.

Me no like.

HOLA4416

I'm still waiting to find a useful change. Is it only cosmetic?

Oh just noticed one. I now have to click twice to subscribe to a post. Probably won't bother then, life short, less emails = less participation in site.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest X-QUORK

There's already a poll on the main forum, I thought I'd post one in Off-Topic for the OT crowd.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Dreadfull site, utter sh!t, get rid or revert please

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Is this a joke?

It looks like I designed it for Gawd's sake.

Personally, I can't see how to access my PM's amd everytime I change pages the borders shrink and I have to manually stretch the page.

Coupled with the God awful fonts and sizing makes it all-in-all very unpleasant.

Doesn't look like the mods are listening though does it?

******** to hpc.co.uk

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived