House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PropertyGuru

Quitting Hpc Because Of Incredibly Crap New Design

I remember several very prominent and active members on this forum left back in 2007 because of the excessive moderation that was going on at the time. This design change is sadly going to cause the next round of people to go. It is sad that the admins seem to chase people away every few years with the things they do.

I'll start -

bye bye everyone, it's been fun. Keep up the good work (if you can, given the horrendous child-like "look and feel" of the place now).

Lots of love, PG.

Oh...ok. Bye, we will miss.....erm...see ya later :unsure:

I'll start -

bye bye everyone, it's been fun. Keep up the good work (if you can, given the horrendous child-like "look and feel" of the place now).

Lots of love, PG.

Can't be bothered with it any more. It's unreadable.

yeah, me to, i'll never post again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in fact, im even going to cancel my connect to the internet altogether until Fubra put the old design from 2004 back up!!!!!!

Edited by 51%deposit

Can the Mods please explain what's going on - what they plan to do about it - and maybe even say sorry for fecking everything up? :P

Maybe they could make the resulting update/explanation/apology thread a sticky topic....

Edited by Mugwump Boy

I'll start -

Lots of love, PG.

Sadly, I don't think you'll be alone.

I'm unlikely to leave, but I'll be visiting a whole lot less if this design stays.

Looks like @rse, far too chunky... at this point, I should not have to scroll down to click "add reply".

Each page is taking anywhere between 10-30 seconds to load, it's bloody unusable.

Edited by DementedTuna

Give them a little time to fix things,

On the other hand, if your a property bull and would like to quit the forum then feel free to use the graphic changes as plausible deniability for your exit.

Edited by enrieb

Give them a little time to fix things,

On the other hand, if your a property bull and would like to quit the forum then feel free to use the graphic changes as plausibly deniability for your exit.

Can we just have a selctor like they have on vbulletin where you can choose this new design and/or the old one this would stop these issues?

I can't believe the fuss over a software upgrade, unbelievable.

Some posters here are so full of shit they should change their login name to colon!

Sure it's not right yet, Webmaster has explained on another thread, it will take time to get all the settings right.

The rudeness and arrogance from some members would be enough to make me delete their accounts if I owned the forum and was providing it free of charge.

Grow up people!

Guest X-QUORK

Sure its not right yet, Webmaster has explained on another thread, it will take time to get all the settings right.

Could you provide a link to the explanation please?

I've tried this new version a number of times today and every time my eyes start aching. The font seems too small and/or too close together. Can you change the defaults please?

Edited by Matt Bear

It would have been great if this change was announced properly. It would also be good if an explanation was given and then an opportunity to say what we think is wrong with some aspects of the new layout.

I am fully aware that we will get used to it.

It`s also a shock factor... Some folk live on this forum (Sad i know) but they do.

I want somewhere to post constructive comments on the new layout..... for example...

I don`t like the colour (It`s a bit Man city/Baby blue) and the green and red plus and minus tabs on rating a post obscure some of the writing on posts......

We all love a good moan FFS.........

They must have known for a period of time that it was going to change and a pre-warning on the old layout it was coming with all the expected teething issues....

I feel sorry for the moderators.... Do not attack the mods........................