House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest X-QUORK

"embrace Change"

Guest X-QUORK

Embrace change!

Well f*ck that I say...what about "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

Oooh, I'm seething, bloody seething I tell ya.

Embrace change!

+ 1

Shite, isn't it? :angry:

Guest Skinty

Hopefully TPTB will come to their senses and revert.

I take it that you don't mean revert in the muslim sense ...

They won't change it back.

They got sold some new design by some slick talking salesman. To change it back now would be to admit they blew cash, not going to happen.

But well done for solving a problem that never existed.

Oh my giddy aunt!

It's taken me half-an-hour just to kick the door in and get logged in.

It craps out every other time I change pages.

This week, I are mostly gettin'

502 Proxy ErrorProxy ErrorThe proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.The proxy server could not handle the request POST /forum/index.php.Reason: Error reading from remote serverApache/2.2.13 (CentOS) Server at www.housepricecrash.co.uk Port 80

and

www.housepricecrash.co.uk Driver ErrorThere appears to be an error with the database.If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.You can try to refresh the page by clicking hereĀ«Return to the index

This is the only thread I've managed to read, as obviously I rushed straight to your table when I checked in.

They did this to a genealogy forum I geek about on, last week, and the experience is now so unwieldy it's easier not bothering.

Shite. I'll have to go and staple receipts into binders or something. Or go and get cold and filthy. :(

Embrace change!

Too bloody right.

I'd hardly credit myself with enough notoriety to suggest i'd be sorely missed (other than my pithy one-liners, natch) but if it stays like this i'll not bother in future. I might be able to tolerate the new layout if it wasn't so bloody slow to perform simple actions - navigate threads, adding posts, editing posts etc.

I'll give it a week then i'll be f*cking off to MSE.

Edit: One more thing, if this happens i'll be really gutted as trawling this off-topic for like-minded degenerates and wastrels is my raison d'etre.

The advertisement function is now a lot better, you have to admit that. I just bought something from an online ad for the first time on here.

Not that house next to the nuclear power station? :o

Guest theboltonfury

They said it was decomissioned, on the ad

It's slower, it's shitter and I hate it. Balls to Luddism, it's just rubbish.

Guest X-QUORK

So seething you posted it twice.

You know why? Because with this new version there's no progress bar at the bottom of the browser to let you know something's happening.

It's so crap.

You know why? Because with this new version there's no progress bar at the bottom of the browser to let you know something's happening.

It's so crap.

Oh yes, that's another reason to hate the update. Did I click 'Add Post'? Hmm, not sure, best do it again for fear of sitting like a lemon in front of a PC dong nowt. Hmm, still nothing, did I really click it? AAAArrrrggggghhhh.

Boolox ***** shite feck rant

It's slower, it's shitter and I hate it. Balls to Luddism, it's just rubbish.

A lot of sites seem to be going through this phase. Making everything look superficiality nicer, but much slower to use and navigate.

As if the face-plant that was windows vista was not a f@cking clue that such shenanigans are not popular.

Guest Skinty

Sort of scared to ask this but, I don't know that sense...? Is it nasty?

They call converts to Islam reverts as they say that we were all born Muslim but half the world turned away from it. Not entirely sure how they figure that one out. I suppose it's the equivalent of being christened before you have properly developed your neocortex.

Guest X-QUORK

I think this must be a an Internet Explorer 6 problem as everybody else seems to be ok.

Gutted, not going to be posting as much now.

I think this must be a an Internet Explorer 6 problem as everybody else seems to be ok.

Gutted, not going to be posting as much now.

Stupid question maybe, but why not change browser?

Guest theboltonfury

I'm getting used to it now, but the speed is terrible. But that always used to be an occasional problem.

Guest X-QUORK

I'm at work...no admin rights to download new versions!

Guest X-QUORK

I too am going to be gutted you won't be posting much. Only one solution - change jobs. Or go unemployed so you can have more time to spend with us. :)

Hmmm decisions decisions...