House Price Crash Forum
hedi

Nationwide Figures +0.9% Mom, +0% YoY

Guest absolutezero

Any upwards movement is welcome.

Does that include in your ana1 region?

I fail to see why this would be good news for anyone - unless someone were to downsize.........

I think there is something fundamentaly wrong with you

indeed. bigger bull trap and bigger bust. fine.

At what point though does a bull trap end? If I remember rightly everyone on here was saying that prices would be following by Sept data and it is not. There seems no end to this bull run.

Not for first time buyers

Not for anyone looking to trade up

Not for the rest of the economy where money spent on ridiculously overpriced houses could otherwise be spent

Not for my children

Not for anyone who thinks that a lifetime of debt has downsides

In a year since Lehman, house prices have stayed flat. This country is incredible, the mania and mindset of people is incredible. In about 4 years I will have paid off my mortgage with luck, and then I can spend my money on a good life - but in a small house. Could be a lot worse. I refuse to pay these prices, they are not worth it - end of story.

Dear oh dear! National news today states that house prices have now recovered to where they were a year ago, but the market still faces difficult "headwinds".

Come on here to check the comments....

fail to see why this would be good news for anyone]

Um... er.... well, ok. I can't think of anybody either. Oh, no, hang on... what about the millions of people who own houses, some of whom are in NE :lol: What about people who want to sell and realise as much money as possible from that sale (why would anyone want to do that) :lol:

bigger bull trap and bigger bust. fine.

Hooray!! Bring on the depression! What we want is a 1930s scenario!! Then "we'll" all be rich and live in nice houses!

This country is incredible, the mania and mindset of people is incredible.

Its all "this country" and "people" who are incredible. er, hello. Slight sweeping generalisation there!

Great to see the myopic tunnel vision of your average HPCer is still firmly in place! Keep repeating the same thoughts to yourselves... 'Good news is bad, bad news is good.' 'If it werent for all the bloomin people in this pesky country, I'd be living in my own palace' jeez.

Edited by Grime- skint wouldbe ftb

[quote name='Grime- skint wouldbe ftb' date='02 October 2009 - 08:37 AM' timestamp='1254469062' post='2175832'

Great to see the myopic tunnel vision of your average HPCer is still firmly in place! Keep repeating the same thoughts to yourselves... 'Good news is bad, bad news is good.' 'If it werent for all the bloomin people in this pesky country, I'd be living in my own palace' jeez.

Good/bad changes with time. Often what we think is good, is infcat bad.

Slavery anyone?

In a year since Lehman, house prices have stayed flat. This country is incredible, the mania and mindset of people is incredible. In about 4 years I will have paid off my mortgage with luck, and then I can spend my money on a good life - but in a small house. Could be a lot worse. I refuse to pay these prices, they are not worth it - end of story.

It is quite incredible and has taken me by surprise but we are witnessing the death of a 40 year mania it was never going to give up without a fight and when the main stream media is as it is the general populace have little chance of understanding. Most people think the credit crunch is a storm in a tea cup and that we are well on the way to being back to normal.

This nation is poorly prepared for what is coming. I watched Jamie Olivers American trip the other night, he was shocked at how much the recession has hit the US and how desperate some people were already. He ended by saying he was realy glad to live in the UK where health care was free and even at the nadir things were still pretty good.

A deeper thinking person would step back and query why the largest economic nation in the World would treat their citizens so badly. Gordon brown has engineered a bounce that should not realy be possible in the current climate, the cost will be paid sometime.

Edited by Confounded

Hooray!! Bring on the depression! What we want is a 1930s scenario!! Then "we'll" all be rich and live in nice houses!

strawman2.jpeg

Deflation my ****............

Without wishing to say 'I told you so', I have been saying for a while now that if you needed to leverage now was a good a time as any to buy with money so cheap. Gordon was so focused on putting a floor beneath the market he will and has done anything, it is truly sick. For those of you with small deposits I would suggest you vote Tory (even if that means holding your nose) you need to allow market forces to take over instead of this rigged bs.

Deflation my ****............

Without wishing to say 'I told you so', I have been saying for a while now that if you needed to leverage now was a good a time as any to buy with money so cheap. Gordon was so focused on putting a floor beneath the market he will and has done anything, it is truly sick. For those of you with small deposits I would suggest you vote Tory (even if that means holding your nose) you need to allow market forces to take over instead of this rigged bs.

You jest surely. The tories are not reknowned for long term economic planning either are they? It was the tories that allowed the Building Societies to become sharholder companies and banks. It was the tories that deregulated the City. Tories look after their own after all. This is the world they wanted.

Any party but Labour and Tory