House Price Crash Forum

New Windfall Tax On Pensions

dr ray

HOLA441

BAE systems, UKs biggest manufacturing company, faces a confiscation of upto £1 billion.

The company, whose shares are mostly held by pension funds, is accused of corruption by the SFO and has been asked to hand over the money or face prosecution.

The details of the threat have become public as BAE has declined the deal arguing that it cannot just hand over shareholder assets

Whatever the rights and wrongs of BAEs modus operandi, this action by the SFO would be very familiar to Zimbabwe white farmers who were forced to hand over their farms.

Edited by dr ray

HOLA442

BAE systems, UKs biggest manufacturing company, faces a confiscation of upto £1 billion.

The company, whose shares are mostly held by pension funds, is accused of corruption by the SFO and has been asked to hand over the money or face prosecution.

The details of the threat have become public as BAE has declined the deal arguing that it cannot just hand over shareholder assets

Whatever the rights and wrongs of BAEs modus operandi, this action by the SFO would be very familiar to Zimbabwe white farmers who were forced to hand over their farms.

Edited by dr ray

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest P-Diddly

This is the start.

They are going to rob anyone that's got anything. For most this was an accumulation of 'wealth' from hard work and saving. They must maintain the illusion of the success of the ideology ('The Project') at any cost . . . to everyone else.

The big firms, pharmaceutical, chemical, other manufacturers will be watching this closely and making preparations to move overseas.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Well they don't let drug dealers keep their assets, and they do much less harm than arms dealers.

The whites stole the land from the natives. Fair dos.

I didn't express an opinion about the rights and wrongs of BAE activities, both legal or illegal, but we (and Zimbabwe) have a legal process and it is not for the ruling power to decide how and when and to whom to apply it.

The confiscation is based on the entire value of the contracts. We didn't see the MPs having the entire value of their illegally funded second homes confiscated or the Co-op having their profits confiscated because they sell cigarettes

HOLA447

This is the start.

They are going to rob anyone that's got anything. For most this was an accumulation of 'wealth' from hard work and saving. They must maintain the illusion of the success of the ideology ('The Project') at any cost . . . to everyone else.

The big firms, pharmaceutical, chemical, other manufacturers will be watching this closely and making preparations to move overseas.

I'm sure you are right.

We have already seen building company and pharmaceutical companies accused of overcharging so they must be in line for a money grab too. And of course its the shareholders (mostly people saving for a pension) who pay not the scumbags who took the backhanders.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I didn't express an opinion about the rights and wrongs of BAE activities, both legal or illegal, but we (and Zimbabwe) have a legal process and it is not for the ruling power to decide how and when and to whom to apply it.

The confiscation is based on the entire value of the contracts. We didn't see the MPs having the entire value of their illegally funded second homes confiscated or the Co-op having their profits confiscated because they sell cigarettes

What? What? What do Co-op sell. I can't see what they sell because the last word of your post is hidden behind the voting buttons! Arrrgggghhhhh! F'ing new look forum.

Ah, I see it now I'm in the 'reply' mode.

HOLA4410

So the Attorney General might prosecute BAE? Ha! I look forward to Baroness Scotland taking one of Britain's most important companies to task over their illegal dealings with foreign nationals. As we know, there's nothing the baroness hates more than people wilfully ignoring the law for their own financial gain, especially when its at the expense of poor, marginalised foreigners. Perhaps BAE's defence will be that they followed all the correct procedures but failed to keep a record - nothing more serious than forgetting to pay the Congestion Charge.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I'm sure you are right.

We have already seen building company and pharmaceutical companies accused of overcharging so they must be in line for a money grab too. And of course its the shareholders (mostly people saving for a pension) who pay not the scumbags who took the backhanders.

And I would think that some of the scum who took the backhanders from BAE would be in our own MOD.

HOLA4413