House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
flatnose

Poll: Register Your Vote On The New Design

If you don't like it, it's because of legibility. It is one of the worst pieces of typography I've seen and breaks all conventions.

Your eye does not know where to begin. Many subordinate elements are dominant, taking your eye away from the headline and post.

The exaggerated and uniform line spacing disjoints everything, instead of grouping. And some items are ranged left, some centred, some not aligned at all.

St. Exupery once wrote: 'Perfection is achieved when nothing else can be taken away'. It needs stripping back to basics.

"In my view the new layout is a step backward from the original. There is too much information that detracts from the objective of the site--discussion. Images are too large and the actual thread seems to be narrow and compressed. If were asked to redesign this website I would revert to the original but make sure the commands actually work. Overall, busy, cramped and distracting."

I agree. :(

Its alright, but every time you change page it goes back to narrow format.

every forum i've ever frequented died a slow and horrible death as soon as they introduced reputation

i suggest we reset everything and never speak of this again

every forum i've ever frequented died a slow and horrible death as soon as they introduced reputation

i suggest we reset everything and never speak of this again

if you mean the positive/negative voting system for posts - i can't get it to work

says i have reached my maximum for positives for the day yet i have not ranked anyone positive.t'wont let me.

As written on another post:

1) Form should follow function.

2) HPC's forum's function is get enable information about the housing market and the economy to be delivered to the client as swiftly and as efficiently as possible.

3) The current style does not do this as well as the first. It sacrifices client flow for artistic design. In short it's like putting a pointless wall in front of the goods in the shop and making your customers walk around it to get what they want.

I don't want 'funky': I want to be able to access information as swiftly and as easily as possible. 'Funky' is for airheads who are more concerned with appearance than function.

+1

Dont care what the full version looked like, I really wish lofi was better though. It loaded quicker, and had no bloody annoying distracting animated adverts (though a cynic might say that change was intentional).

it doesnt have enough pictures of Grdon Browns corpse for my likings

Gordon Brown is destroying this forum. When will Gordon Brown realise that he is a politician (and not a very good one at that) and not an IT person? Gordon Brown should leave forum modifications to the experts and not get involved.

This is all Gordon Browns fault.

Edited by 51%deposit

Surely Fubra will not change it back unless there is at least 90% in favour of doing so? We are a long way off that point with 80%+.

:(

Edit: 82% + :)

Edited by Realistbear

I've changed my vote from yes to no. I think I'll get used to it in a few days.

you may get used to it eventually but that wasn't the question. Wouldn't you rather have it back as it was?

i like it, change is good! The old was a bit bland, this stuff is funky, need to get with the times doom mongers:D

Dearie me. You quite obviously know nothing about website usability.

The forum index text size could do with being knocked down a notch...

Indeed. If you click 'Make Text Smaller' in your browser about three times, it is easier to see what is fundamentally wrong with the typography and the relationship between the various elements.

This is what happens when you have techies doing design. If you had typographers designing code, you'd end up with the same non-result.

This isn't about change or aesthetics - it's hard work to read and to navigate. It's unprofessional.