House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
flatnose

Poll: Register Your Vote On The New Design

Lets make this simple!

i like it, change is good! The old was a bit bland, this stuff is funky, need to get with the times doom mongers:D

Simples.

However that is the way computer companies work. Write something new, stop supporting the old one to make people buy the new one.

Do any tecchies know whether Fubra will have been forced into this change? It's also happened on a much smaller forum I'm on but that's because the admin likes new shiny things and it's his forum.

From my user point of view Vista has no advantages over Windows 3.1. The file handling is actually worse.

i like it, change is good! The old was a bit bland, this stuff is funky, need to get with the times doom mongers:D

As written on another post:

1) Form should follow function.

2) HPC's forum's function is get enable information about the housing market and the economy to be delivered to the client as swiftly and as efficiently as possible.

3) The current style does not do this as well as the first. It sacrifices client flow for artistic design. In short it's like putting a pointless wall in front of the goods in the shop and making your customers walk around it to get what they want.

I don't want 'funky': I want to be able to access information as swiftly and as easily as possible. 'Funky' is for airheads who are more concerned with appearance than function.

Simples.

However that is the way computer companies work. Write something new, stop supporting the old one to make people buy the new one.

Do any tecchies know whether Fubra will have been forced into this change? It's also happened on a much smaller forum I'm on but that's because the admin likes new shiny things and it's his forum.

From my user point of view Vista has no advantages over Windows 3.1. The file handling is actually worse.

The admin has explained (in the 'angry' thread about the new forum) that they have upgraded the forum software; a side-effect of this is reverting to the default skin. They will customise the default to improve things and hopefully take it near where the old look and feel was (at least from a usability perspective).

The site admin team are looking for constructive criticism to help them with their customisations.

Needs some serious layout work to make it more readable and allow more topics / info onto one page before my scroll-wheel gets worn out!

I'd like the background to be white (easier reading, to my eye), and less "clear space" - I'm here to read and exercise my brain, not to exercise my scrolling muscles.

I have voted yes, it shoud be returned to the old style.

I really like the thread layout of the new style. Easy, clean clear, nice colours and nice shiny new buttons BUT...

the forum index page with all the thread titles is horrible. I've reduced the font size using Firefox so I can get more info in. The text size is too large and the pinned and page number icons are too distracting - affecting me skiming over the topics I want to read. :(

So in a nutshell:

Pros

• Thread page layout is good and clear
  • Nice colours

Cons

• Thread index page is awful and doesn't allow easy skim reading of titles
  • text is too large
  • the pinned and page number icons are too distracting and reduce the flow of main information, i.e. thread titles

Until the cons are sorted I would wish we could go back to the original style.

No, I liked the old lo fi version for my Iphone

I use the iPod touch to read the site regularly but can't check it as it's at home - how does it look on the iPhone? Is there any mess-ups with the layout?

It's total SH1TE!!!!!!!!!

I need to browse and skim read QUICKLY

Post QUICKLY

Get to links QUICKLY

It is taking 15+ seconds to return EACH PAGE view

Why can't techies keep their hands in their pockets?

If it stays like this then I'M OFF

IT IS UNUSEABLE AS A FORUM FOR COMMUNICATION - WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?????

The pinned topics need to be separate from the rest and the topics need to be more clearly delineated.

At the moment when I look at the forum page all I see are the pagination numbers.

Plus I have to scroll half a F€cking mile to find the post button!