House Price Crash Forum

New Format - No Lofi Option?

HOLA441

I know it's a wonderful thing to keep abreast of the latest technology and that the new board is a wonderful twitterfied beautiful thing to behold BUT, I can't read it on my phone.

Where's the LoFi option?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

<br /><br /><br />

Settings - button bottom left.

Don't get too excited, it's not much better.

Agreed it's nowhere near as good as the old Lo-fi , gonna have to knock it off my PSP favs list as it doen't like it.

Shame really , it was a nice straightforward and simple early morning read , no more though , ho hum , have to find another site now I suppose.

Dames :0(

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Oh please please please bring back the old lofi version!!!

I fukken hate flashy sites, all style no substance. I found the old lofi version much easier and less distracting to use. As said above it made for good morning reading.

This is so bad I might vote Labour in disgust...

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Agreed it's nowhere near as good as the old Lo-fi , gonna have to knock it off my PSP favs list as it doen't like it.

Shame really , it was a nice straightforward and simple early morning read , no more though , ho hum , have to find another site now I suppose.

Dames :0(

Yeah, Lo-fi used be compact with smaller fonts, etc, so good for viewing on devices with a limited screen size. The new lo-fi skin is about the same size as the main site. Going to be knocking it off my phone favourites unless it gets a lot smaller.

Edited by redalert

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Actuallty Lo-Fi works quite well via Opera Mini on my mobile, may even be better .... don't get that huge list of page numbers at the top of the page anymore!

Edit:

I'm using an old phone as well Nokia E65, which has a small screen - get opera Mini!

Edited by IwearShorts

HOLA4414

At least I can add a reply whilst in lofi and on the move.

my workflow is n ow broken mods, listen up and employ me to fix it if needs be before you lose a lot of us.

1. get on train, good signal.

2. scroll past all the links to previous pages of posts (annoying but tolerable).

3. choose thread with a few replies on it. BROKEN: no indication now of number of replies in lofi.

4. read topic until I am in good reception area again and return to step 1.

The reply in lofi is good, as is not scrolling past 600 odd links to previous pages, but the rest of the fluff is pointless and a distraction when using low powered and low bandwidth devices.

TFH

not sent from a cunting Blackberry mobile tart toy.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Used to use the old lo-fi on the iPhone (much faster and easier to read) and at work (looked far more discreet and didn't attract attention).

Even with the new lo-fi and some judicious AdBlock editing to cut out 'in your face' visual elements, the new one is still totally unsuitable for work browsing -> No lo-fi means I won't visit as often.

Aside from anything else, not allowing people to use lo-fi means they are going to be pulling more data off the server, hence more overload issues.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Used to use the lo-fi version on my N95, which was great (apart from a couple of minor inconveniences, eg the giant list of links as mentioned previously). Quick to load, compact and easy to read.

However, lo-fi on aforementioned N95 now won't even load/render properly - is essentially just a blank screen, apart from a couple of corrupted links in the first ~5% of the screen width.

Very disappointed. Mobile HPC browsing is now impossible for me.

HOLA4425