House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Turned The Tv Off.

I just turned mine BACK ON - HA...!!!!

And my bird came in and turned the tw@t back on too. Hollyoaks is of Earth shattering importance, apparently.

I removed TV from my life ages ago and I've never looked back. The last one I had was for watching old VHS tapes, but thanks to PC's and DVD's I don't bother anymore. I read my news here and other with other good sources.

Real people and real life are far more interesting for those of you still stuck on the home edition idiot box.

I am considering letting the TV retire when the switch to digital (4th Nov) happens. I hardly watch the bloomin thing at my house, and don't pay for the "privilege". As I have not bought a digital set top box thingy I assume the TV will be a blank fuzzy screen after 4/11/09. :unsure:

Can someone explain to me the appeal of Eastenders? Every time I have flicked on to that program it's a load of cockneys screaming at each other with tears and snot flying. Not only that it looks like it was filmed in someones shed on a handy cam, as one of my mates remarked "Its a load of miserable, ugly people being ugly and miserable to each other".

I reckon it appeals to the same people whose idea of a nice bedtime read includes some hot chocolate and few chapters of 'Daddy! No!' <_<

Guest Skinty

Our living room has turned into a storage area as my partner and I always spend the evenings in our respective rooms on our computers or watching a DVD in bed. We just have no interest in turning the thing on anymore even when people tell us that something of interest is on. If there is anything specific to watch on BBC then we'll just download it using iplayer and watch it in our own time.

Because of this we know that we wouldn't miss the TV if we got rid of it because we never use it anyway.