House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
US Citizen

Financial Meltdown Or Cuts - Who To Vote For

I have been looking back over my life since 1997 and it actually hasnt been all that bad. OK, so were all paying more council tax, but I live in a Tory Council and they promised to return to a weekly collection. I voted for them on this one issue and they have gone back on that promise with excuses over environmental cuts from Europe.

Under the Tories we will see public spending slashed and burnt. Taxes will rise and we will all be f4cking miserable. We will have the same problems we have now but the country will hurt by their way of doing things.

There is no way I will be voting for Conservatives.

Then we Vince Cable and the Lib Dems. On principle I agree with pretty much what they stand for and if they got in I dont think they would trash the country and I dont think they would overspend either. A subtle compromise.

As for Labour Gordon Brown will be seen in History as the Iron Chancellor who was prudent was 10 years of a Labour Government, but as Prime Minister he failed to be impressive, until the world financial market nearly ended. If it wasnt for Gordon, we wouldnt have any banks and the world would be a very different place. Saying that do we give him another shot or put him out to pasture.

House prices are unstable at the moment and could crash at any moment and they could equally rise. Very strange market.

I personally will be voting for the Liberal Democrats, they will take enough share of the vote for force a hung parliment and form a coalition with Labour. Two heads are better than one. Escpecially when you Vince Cable and Gordon Brown working together.

There is one person who must be removed from power and we cannot do it. That is the slimy barsteward I have as my avatar. They is simply nothing good in his heart and only evil flows from his mouth. Who ever wins, he has to lose.

He is not even a elected member of parliment.

Doesn't really matter who we vote for - the game is over.

In fact there are probably quite a few Labour MP's in safe seats who are actually hoping the Conservatives win so that they can blame what is inevitably going to happen on the 'Tories'.

I don't think there is a 'coming revolution'.

But I do think reality is very good at pulling out the carpets from under people.

there is in America

link

Americans have chosen to trade their civil liberties for the safety and security of a military welfare state. We have allowed the Federal government to overtake a vast slice of our lives. Between financial bailouts and the economic stimulus program, Federal government spending accounts for 26% of the nation’s economy. The government is financing 9 out of 10 new mortgages in the United States. If you buy a car from General Motors, you are buying from a company that is 60% owned by the government. Politicians are now trying to swell their power over all citizens by taking over the healthcare system after seizing control of the banking system in the last year. The liberal media ridicules and scorns the Americans who have been exercising their First Amendment right to peaceably assemble and protest this overreach of government. Liberal biased commentators condemn the citizens speaking out at town hall meetings. Left wing politicians spew lies about potential violence and racism against Obama coming from these angry American citizens. Right wing neo-con commentators like Sean Hannity try to latch onto the protests, even though most of the protestors would spit in his face if they could. The agendas of the extreme left and extreme right both infringe upon the civil liberties of American citizens. If our freedom of speech and freedom of expression in print and on the internet are taken away, a totalitarian state is not far behind.

“If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.†– George Washington

“All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals.†– Ron Paul

Those who control the reins of power do not trust the citizens. They want to easily manipulate the sedated masses with their message using their controlled corporate mass media. Having taken over the public school system decades ago, government has worked its magic and graduates millions of functionally illiterate drones into society every year. More than 50% of these morons don’t know that George Washington was the 1st President of the United States and is the guy on the quarters jingling in their pocket. The ignorance of a huge portion of the American population has resulted in a decline of freedom and liberty over time.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." – Thomas Jefferson

When the government starts to infringe upon the citizen’s Second Amendment rights, the time will be nearing for a Second American Revolution. There are now shortages of guns and ammunition in the U.S. Two thirds of the public believe that Obama will restrict gun ownership. He has stated that intention. The Second Amendment is very clear, but Obama will interpret it any way he chooses because he is in power. The Nazis imposed strict gun control measures shortly after Hitler came to power. The lambs complied. We all know what happened next. In the first chapter of his book, Freedom Under Siege, Ron Paul argued that the purpose of the Second Amendment is to place a check on government tyranny, not to merely grant hunting rights or allow self defense. When forced to choose between the wisdom of George Washington and Barack Hussein Obama, I think it is an easy choice. Who uses the weasel words?

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.†– George Washington

“As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.” – Barack Obama

Edited by lowrentyieldmakessense(honest!)

Guest Fedup

Despite whinging about house prices because I don't like not getting a bargain for anything I buy, more important to me is the civil liberties issues associated with governments rather than financial issues. I can use my brain to extricate myself and rise above what i think is reasonable financially, meaning I can afford these ridiculous prices and tax increases. What I cannot do is stop myself being watched and snooped on by a Government that thinks it knows better than I do. Similarly, my kids, should I have any, can work hard and earn money to deal with the housing situation, but they cannot work hard to not be victims of a police-state. Currently I cannot look after a friend's children if they look after mine (I am a criminal thenm unless i get vetted), and I cannot walk or drive down the street without ANPR, CCTV, Speed Cameras, Average Speed cameras either monitoring or capturing what I do in someway.

I will never vote Labour because I value democracy and freedom over material goods. I'd prefer to have less material goods but feel freer, and know my kids are will be free to choose and make their own mistakes, as it should be in any healthy society. I do not like government interfering in anything I do beyond taking taxes from me and providing services i pay for via taxes such as police, fire, etc. I am a law abiding citizen and do not need Labour, or anyone else, monitoring me via CCTV, telling me who I can leave my kids with and who's kids I can look after, taking my DNA before I am proven guilty, telling me I have to have an ID card (oh sorry U-turn on that), dealing with a police force focused on statistics rather than morals.

It sickens me.

Despite whinging about house prices because I don't like not getting a bargain for anything I buy, more important to me is the civil liberties issues associated with governments rather than financial issues. I can use my brain to extricate myself and rise above what i think is reasonable financially, meaning I can afford these ridiculous prices and tax increases. What I cannot do is stop myself being watched and snooped on by a Government that thinks it knows better than I do. Similarly, my kids, should I have any, can work hard and earn money to deal with the housing situation, but they cannot work hard to not be victims of a police-state. Currently I cannot look after a friend's children if they look after mine (I am a criminal thenm unless i get vetted), and I cannot walk or drive down the street without ANPR, CCTV, Speed Cameras, Average Speed cameras either monitoring or capturing what I do in someway.

I will never vote Labour because I value democracy and freedom over material goods. I'd prefer to have less material goods but feel freer, and know my kids are will be free to choose and make their own mistakes, as it should be in any healthy society. I do not like government interfering in anything I do beyond taking taxes from me and providing services i pay for via taxes such as police, fire, etc. I am a law abiding citizen and do not need Labour, or anyone else, monitoring me via CCTV, telling me who I can leave my kids with and who's kids I can look after, taking my DNA before I am proven guilty, telling me I have to have an ID card (oh sorry U-turn on that), dealing with a police force focused on statistics rather than morals.

It sickens me.

Well put, I totally agree.

I have been looking back over my life since 1997 and it actually hasnt been all that bad. OK, so were all paying more council tax, but I live in a Tory Council and they promised to return to a weekly collection. I voted for them on this one issue and they have gone back on that promise with excuses over environmental cuts from Europe.

Under the Tories we will see public spending slashed and burnt. Taxes will rise and we will all be f4cking miserable. We will have the same problems we have now but the country will hurt by their way of doing things.

There is no way I will be voting for Conservatives.

Then we Vince Cable and the Lib Dems. On principle I agree with pretty much what they stand for and if they got in I dont think they would trash the country and I dont think they would overspend either. A subtle compromise.

As for Labour Gordon Brown will be seen in History as the Iron Chancellor who was prudent was 10 years of a Labour Government, but as Prime Minister he failed to be impressive, until the world financial market nearly ended. If it wasnt for Gordon, we wouldnt have any banks and the world would be a very different place. Saying that do we give him another shot or put him out to pasture.

House prices are unstable at the moment and could crash at any moment and they could equally rise. Very strange market.

I personally will be voting for the Liberal Democrats, they will take enough share of the vote for force a hung parliment and form a coalition with Labour. Two heads are better than one. Escpecially when you Vince Cable and Gordon Brown working together.

There is one person who must be removed from power and we cannot do it. That is the slimy barsteward I have as my avatar. They is simply nothing good in his heart and only evil flows from his mouth. Who ever wins, he has to lose.

He is not even a elected member of parliment.

The Tories have to slash public spending when they get in, so would the Lib-Dems, and so would Labour have to if they had a chance of a fourth term. And I will not be miserable when the Tories get in, hopefully they will cut red tape, reverse all the pointless laws and needless bureaucracy Labour have created, cut benefits and cull a few million civil servants.

Do you really think Gordon saved the banks?! And do you actually think he was a good chancellor? You must be retarded!

And as for the Lib-Dems, not even they know what they stand for and Vince cable does not make a political party on his own, and I really don't think they will want to associate themselves with Labour in a coalition. People want Labour out, there would be uproar if the Lib-Dems were to inflict more if it o us, they haven't got a chance anyway!

Guest Fedup
Well put, I totally agree.

Thanks, but I wish I could correct some of the grammar... Who's instead of whose? *hangs head in shame*.