House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest apocalypto

Angry Flatmate

Guest apocalypto

Okay, I moved into a friends flat a few months ago. I wouldn't say he's a best friend but we've been hanging out with the same people for the last few years. As far as I was aware before I moved in with him he was quite a cheerful, easy going, and witty person (albeit he did like to get his own way sometimes and could get in a strop if he didn't). After moving in with him I quickly noticed he had a quite an explosive temper which took me by surprise a little as I'd never seen him that angry (I should just point out that he's never actually had a go at me but just lost it in another room on his own). I tried to rationalize it by thinking well he's just stressed out and has a bit of short fuse. However, I've now counted about 6 times over the last the year when he's just shouted out obscenities at the top of his voice (and I mean top of his voice) in a complete rage sometimes over trivial things like the internet not working. I also hear him sometimes losing it in the bathroom saying things like "You f*cking c%nting piece of sh*t". Now he doesn't shout it but he says it with such hatred and emotion with his teeth clamped together that it sends a shiver down my spine. It's like he's possessed by some demonic entity! The first time he did that was because there was some mold on the walls so I thought fair enough but we've sorted that out now and he stills loses it in there every now and again and I don't know why!

Now maybe it's because I'm very a laid-back guy who doesn't anger easily but I don't think his behaviour is normal and I've actually been thinking of moving out as it's starting to disturb me. I accept that everyone gets angry and I think my flatmate does have legitimate reasons for his outbursts sometimes but his reactions just seem completely excessive.

Am I over-reacting? And should I just accept that some people have anger management issues?

Guest X-QUORK
Am I over-reacting? And should I just accept that some people have anger management issues?

OF COURSE YOU ARE YOU FU*KING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest apocalypto
OF COURSE YOU ARE YOU FU*KING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you start!

Guest X-QUORK
Don't you start!

In all seriousness, he does sound a bit unhinged. I'd start looking for another place.

Guest P-Diddly
Okay, I moved into a friends flat a few months ago. I wouldn't say he's a best friend but we've been hanging out with the same people for the last few years. As far as I was aware before I moved in with him he was quite a cheerful, easy going, and witty person (albeit he did like to get his own way sometimes and could get in a strop if he didn't). After moving in with him I quickly noticed he had a quite an explosive temper which took me by surprise a little as I'd never seen him that angry (I should just point out that he's never actually had a go at me but just lost it in another room on his own). I tried to rationalize it by thinking well he's just stressed out and has a bit of short fuse. However, I've now counted about 6 times over the last the year when he's just shouted out obscenities at the top of his voice (and I mean top of his voice) in a complete rage sometimes over trivial things like the internet not working. I also hear him sometimes losing it in the bathroom saying things like "You f*cking c%nting piece of sh*t". Now he doesn't shout it but he says it with such hatred and emotion with his teeth clamped together that it sends a shiver down my spine. It's like he's possessed by some demonic entity! The first time he did that was because there was some mold on the walls so I thought fair enough but we've sorted that out now and he stills loses it in there every now and again and I don't know why!

Now maybe it's because I'm very a laid-back guy who doesn't anger easily but I don't think his behaviour is normal and I've actually been thinking of moving out as it's starting to disturb me. I accept that everyone gets angry and I think my flatmate does have legitimate reasons for his outbursts sometimes but his reactions just seem completely excessive.

Reminds of when I lived in Pontypridd. House mate, 40 odd, very odd fella from Swansea, looked like a sort of ginger troll. Used to shout at himself.

Heard him on the bog once, high decibels now "I'm sh!ttin, I'm sh!ttin' mum, it's LIKE CHEESE!"

Seriously.

Bonkers.

Does he work with computers, and play with computers?

If so its totally normal.

Unless he's a quiet type with glasses. In which case you should probably run...

Guest P-Diddly
I'm sure everyone on HPC who has lived in a shared flat/house has a crazy flatmate story. Mine was a girl I used to share with kept glasses of her own pee in her wardrobe, stole everyone's underwear (girls and boys), and left used tampons in the cutlery draw in the shared kitchen. I didn't stay there long....

I have other similar stories about mad flatmates, there are a lot of odd people out there.

It's a free(ish) country, move out !

Makes you wonder how may people are proper bonkers.

Guest X-QUORK
Heard him on the bog once, high decibels now "I'm sh!ttin, I'm sh!ttin' mum, it's LIKE CHEESE!"

Very apt for this afternoon.

I'm sure everyone on HPC who has lived in a shared flat/house has a crazy flatmate story. Mine was a girl I used to share with kept glasses of her own pee in her wardrobe, stole everyone's underwear (girls and boys), and left used tampons in the cutlery draw in the shared kitchen. I didn't stay there long....

I have other similar stories about mad flatmates, there are a lot of odd people out there.

It's a free(ish) country, move out !

Guest apocalypto
In all seriousness, he does sound a bit unhinged. I'd start looking for another place.

I'm already looking. I'm worried he's going to smash my feet up with a sledge hammer and force me to write a novel!

Misery_Photo.jpg

Guest P-Diddly
Yes I'm MAD me ! and so are all my mates, we're all MAD !!!

Isn't that so very very irritating when they say that?

You want to slap them.

Guest portwinestain

Poor you.

It bothers you so start looking for another place apocalypto.

My pal once had a flamate who rolled up pieces of his own shit into balls and flicked them in the bathroom.

Shits a theme today.

Isn't that so very very irritating when they say that?

You want to slap them.

Yup, however I didn't put nearly enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! s though. !! !

Guest KingCharles1st
Reminds of when I lived in Pontypridd. House mate, 40 odd, very odd fella from Swansea, looked like a sort of ginger troll. Used to shout at himself.

Seriously.

Bonkers.

How would he know- unless he had shat cheese previously...?

Guest P-Diddly
Poor you.

It bothers you so start looking for another place apocalypto.

My pal once had a flamate who rolled up pieces of his own shit into balls and flicked them in the bathroom.

Shits a theme today.

Are you okay?

You seem a bit stressed.

Guest apocalypto

WTF!

Guest portwinestain
Are you okay?

You seem a bit stressed.

:blink:

You think that from my post? Telling apocalyto to find a new place if he's bothered and giving him a 'shitty flatmate' story to make him feel better?

No, I'm not stressed.