House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Ross Noble

Guest X-QUORK

He is quite funny, but if he's like that all the time in real life I'd have to tell him to get a f*cking grip after a while.

Is he funny? I like to think he is...Constantly ad-libbing must be a very tough thing to do (anyone doing that deserves respect), but after watching Fuzzy Logic, but I found a lot of his stuff moderately predictable (not bigging myself up, but I can often see where comedians are going, even if they are ad-libbing) so I find few comedians deeply hilarious. I'd love to have a go at stand-up, but I haven't got the guts to do it..I probably wouldn't be any good at it either..

His travel pieces for radio 4 were very good.

I saw him live, thought he was much better than Bill Bailey, if only because what he does is so impressive. He did joke that "I'm not like this all the time, obviously. If I was like this all the time my wife would have killed me ages ago".

For me, the word is used too liberally these days, but Peter Cook was a comedic genius. He could be brilliantly offensive and surreal at the same time. Bill Hicks has to be up there as is Chris Morris and Billy Connolly is a great story teller. Bill Hicks often spoke the truth, and the US right-wingers didn't like that. Of the modern crop, there are a few up there - Bill Bailey is amongst them.

How on earth did Cannon & Ball, Little & Large, Tarby, Jim Davidson etc.. ever become "comics" - I really don't know..

For me, the word is used too liberally these days, but Peter Cook was a comedic genius. He could be brilliantly offensive and surreal at the same time. Bill Hicks has to be up there as is Chris Morris and Billy Connolly is a great story teller. Bill Hicks often spoke the truth, and the US right-wingers didn't like that. Of the modern crop, there are a few up there - Bill Bailey is amongst them.

How on earth did Cannon & Ball, Little & Large, Tarby, Jim Davidson etc.. ever become "comics" - I really don't know..

I'm with you on Hicks and Morris. I think Morris is the best satirist since Swift; probably better.

Cook was over-rated I reckon. And a total git to boot.