House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tin Foil Hat

Trying To But An Iphone

Creepy corporate scum.

I want an iphone now TomTom is available on it.

They have it in stock but I can't buy one by turning up. Oh no. I have to have some weirdy bumlick american "personal shopping" appointment. None available until tomorrow Sir. I am allergic to such BS and just want to turn up and buy one for gods sake. Told em with my job I don't know if I'm coming or going half the time but no. Computer says no. Or rather corporate NLP indoctrination says no.

I am a working class northerner. I am not some head up my **** dolly bird from New York who goes in for this over the top "cuntomer service" shite.

Batsards.

Another facet of this fckued up world.

TFH

Buy it online - O2 website.

Simples

I had a work one and couldn't stand it.

It slips out of pockets and onto the floor because it is thin and smooth. I was amazed that I never lost it.

There are no keys, instead you have a touchscreen keyboard. This is crammed down the bottom of the screen and turning the phone laterally to make it bigger doesn't work with the keyboard. So with normal size fingers you will continually hit the wrong letter in e-mails making them take ages.

Useless over-styled toy. Get a Blackberry.

Creepy corporate scum.

They have it in stock but I can't buy one by turning up. Oh no. I have to have some weirdy bumlick american "personal shopping" appointment. None available until tomorrow Sir. I am allergic to such BS and just want to turn up and buy one for gods sake. Told em with my job I don't know if I'm coming or going half the time but no. Computer says no. Or rather corporate NLP indoctrination says no.

I am a working class northerner. I am not some head up my **** dolly bird from New York who goes in for this over the top "cuntomer service" shite.

Batsards.

TFH

Guest P-Diddly
Creepy corporate scum.

Batsards.

TFH

PM DissipatedYouthIsValuable, he's an iPhone nut. Re-programmes the damn things even.

Guest P-Diddly
Get the HTC from Vodafone with the HTC iphone interface on Windows 6.1

Far superior and built-in GPS chip.

Got the same but HP iPAQ 914 Business Messenger. Put Yahoo Go! on it, get's rid of Blackberry.

It's for work. I hate this sort of sh!te really. The iPhone thing is a touch screen affair, not for me.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Unless the 3GS has updated its GPS receiver hardware, I wouldn't bother using Tom Tom.

It's unusable on the 3G, the pointer jumps all over. Assisted GPS uses mobile phone signals to get the initial fix then hones down to accuracy with GPS, but I don't think it accounts for bounced signals, buildings ****** it up.

Tom Tom are supposedly releasing a car kit, presumably with their own GPS receiver.

I'd wait for that.

Syncing calendars and such over the air is brilliant, however, never seen such a simple system. Not sure what it's like with a non-Apple system though, only use Windows on the MacBook Pro for games these days.

Guest P-Diddly
Unless the 3GS has updated its GPS receiver hardware, I wouldn't bother using Tom Tom.

It's unusable on the 3G, the pointer jumps all over. Assisted GPS uses mobile phone signals to get the initial fix then hones down to accuracy with GPS, but I don't think it accounts for bounced signals, buildings ****** it up.

Tom Tom are supposedly releasing a car kit, presumably with their own GPS receiver.

I'd wait for that.

Syncing calendars and such over the air is brilliant, however, never seen such a simple system. Not sure what it's like with a non-Apple system though, only use Windows on the MacBook Pro for games these days.

rencontre-gay-mobile.jpg

Guest skullingtonjoe
Creepy corporate scum.

Batsards.

TFH

You`ve answered your own question - just deploy some of that gritty northern `no-nonsense / no-********` approach. You know the coup:

1. Ask them loads of awkward technical questions (which development IDE would you recommend I use for apps development etc). Pile it on thick - throw in a few Linux/UNIX-type questions to really throw `em.

2. Make it clear that you just want the bare-bones kit (no bloatware / `added value` features please).

3. Always bear in mind that this is some kind of American latter-day door-to-door salesmanship. Treat it with the contempt it deserves.

4. Tell them you`ve got Borderline Personality Disorder, so you have emotional issues. That usually gets people running a mile from you.

Hope this helps ;)