House Price Crash Forum

Part Debt Jubilee In Iceland

Fishman

HOLA441
Iceland will have to pay back this debt, one way or another. I'm getting disgusted over the attitude of the Icelanders.

Now let's see..the money never left the UK, taxes from these deposits went to the UK, but the Icelandic taxpayer is supposed to pay the bill..??

Can you show me where the EU directive on deposit guarantees says that the Icelandic state is supposed to guarantee deposits? Please do!!

Why do you suppose we are not "allowed" to take this to an independant court to settle this dispute once and for all?

First, they were greedy and corrupt beyond belief. After the SHTF, its everybody else's fault. The EU should have stopped Iceland's crazy borrowing. The EU should have bailed out Iceland's banks. The EU should give Iceland money, or China, Russia or Norway. Why should Iceland pay back its debts? nothing to with them. Iceland is special - give it a few billion.

Ummm..

No one has said that the EU should have stoppen Iceland's borrowing!!

No one has said that the EU should have bailed out the Icelandic banks!!

No one has asked the EU, China, Russia or Norway to give us money!!

Where are you getting to load of ******** from?

Need I remind you that our government was forced to resign..so obviously we thought this was their fault..

Anyways...I've had it with trying to explain the IceSlave issue to people in the UK..so I'm not gonna bother anymore..

All I can say is that I sincerely hope that you all will never be put into this kind of situation because I know that if the UK taxpayer had to pay lets say France 500.000.000.000 pounds, you all would sound a whole lot different..