House Price Crash Forum
Guest anorthosite

Lovely Little Cottage For Sale

Probably OK, if you don't mind the view.

Maybe you will not get power cuts. :(

Iwonder if they will be able to hear the dreaded HUM above the noise of the power station?

Don't knock it. These are highly desirable cottages. Most famously Derek Jarman lived there in Prospect Cottage.

I regularly go around that area, and it really is a beautiful place.

As for the power station, who cares? If it blows up then it doesn't matter if you're 50 yards or 50 miles away.

I'd be more worried that you're next to a few dozen army firing ranges.

perhaps....

but not at a quarter of a million pounds. :o in a Depression :lol::lol:

Trying saying it that way instead of 249k

Now check out this story

I can just imagine people's faces when they turn up to view it!

Don't knock it. These are highly desirable cottages. Most famously Derek Jarman lived there in Prospect Cottage.

I regularly go around that area, and it really is a beautiful place.

As for the power station, who cares? If it blows up then it doesn't matter if you're 50 yards or 50 miles away.

I'd be more worried that you're next to a few dozen army firing ranges.

My old Dad used to work for Battersea power station (CEGB) and when they closed the iconic building down by the thames they offered him work at Dungeness Nuclear site.

I remember being really excited thinking about living by the sea

We went and and viewed properties near the site and even going back that far, I remember as a kid, it was a wind swept boring place.

Mum was having none of it......... :lol:

In hindsight, if they can sell glow in the dark shacks for 1/4 Million today.... :rolleyes:

Dungeness is a great place for beach fishing though. Used to go back with sacks full of fish when I was a kid. Used to be fisherpersons standing at 20 yd intervals around the entire headland.

Edited by LiveinHope

Dungeness is a great place for beach fishing though. Used to go back with sacks full of fish when I was a kid. Used to be fisherpersons standing at 20 yd intervals around the entire headland.

indeed, all presumably dead when you arrived at the beach no doubt. :D

Most deceptive part of the description appears to the that extra '2' that has crept into the asking price......

Most deceptive part of the description appears to the that extra '2' that has crept into the asking price......

that's what I told the EA when I rang them earlier today. I kid you not. ;)

he said to me "I'll have you know that proerties in this area have always held their price well"

I said "not in a depression"

I used to do this all the time in the earlier hpc days. Doesn't anyone wind-up the EA's any more ?

indeed, all presumably dead when you arrived at the beach no doubt. :D

I actually have a true story along these lines involving bioluminescent seaweeds

One night I was next to a couple of fishermen called Bill and Fred who must have been new to fishing at night at least. Fred catches a fish and walks down to the waters edge as he reels it in. As the fish and paternoster are raised from the water the rig sparkles like fairy lights on a Christmas tree

"Ere, Fred, look at this, what do you reckon this is ?"

"Dunno Bill, looks radiodactive to me"

"Crikey Fred, what shall I do"

"I'll get me knife Bill, we'll cut the line"

"I'm not fishing here again Fred"

Having said that, I had some excellent live cod off the beach, although they are less plentiful now as a result of fishing, GCC and the associated increase in SST

Edited by LiveinHope

An advert for an "exceptional fisherman's cottage" in Kent has been criticised for failing to mention the nuclear power station on its doorstep.

The three-bedroom "not to be missed" bungalow at Romney Marsh, Dungeness, is being sold for £247,000.

Estate agent Geering & Colyer points out its proximity to a nature reserve and photos show it in rural isolation.

But New Romney Town Council said it was "disingenuous" not to mention its neighbours, Dungeness A and B.

There are also plans to build a new nuclear reactor, Dungeness C, nearby.

Valerie Tully, clerk of New Romney Town Council, said: "There's really not a lot of point in not being honest because, once you arrive at the place, you can't help but notice the power plants there.

"I suppose they felt people would be put off, but they should also know that the late film producer Derek Jarman lived in the area for many years and we get a lot of visitors.

"Even if the power plants were not included in the pictures, mention should have been made about them being nearby."

The Dungeness A site, which started generating electricity into the National Grid in 1965, was decommissioned in 2006.

Nearby Dungeness B site will stay open until 2018.

A spokesman for Geering and Colyer, of New Romney, said: "I've got no comment to make on it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8282368.stm