House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Over On Moneyweek They Reckon The Pound...

http://www.moneyweek.com/investments/curre...ling-94008.aspx

Lovely coloured charts and graphs and stuff for all you boys with your protractors and felt pens in your shirt pocket.

Bascially they are saying the FTSE and Sterling are now linked, that the UK is a basket case and things are kicking off in the end of the Empire show. All my hopes are on two gay robots but there you go.

Alas, on the same page that the above article is on, there is a link to an article about the end for the dollar... which as they are saying to get from Sterling into Dollars is, um, confusing.

This financial guru stuff is complicated - no wonder we need spivs and barrow boys in the City :blink:

Lovely coloured charts and graphs and stuff for all you boys with your protractors and felt pens in your shirt pocket.

Bascially they are saying the FTSE and Sterling are now linked, that the UK is a basket case and things are kicking off in the end of the Empire show. All my hopes are on two gay robots but there you go.

They say that every week though... <_<

(..but I have a certain sympathy for their arguments)

They've only just figured it out? :rolleyes:

They've only just figured it out? :rolleyes:

Nope they've been saying it pretty consistently for a decade...

..even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day <_<

Edited by Neverland

I used to have a lot of respect for moneyweek, but lately they have called things very wrong. I know many people have but now moneyweek seem to suggest the opposite to what is happening to be different. They were saying sell the FTSE at about 4200.

They dont seem to be able to adjust their views based on the new set of circumstances we find ourselves in.

I used to have a lot of respect for moneyweek, but lately they have called things very wrong. I know many people have but now moneyweek seem to suggest the opposite to what is happening to be different. They were saying sell the FTSE at about 4200.

They dont seem to be able to adjust their views based on the new set of circumstances we find ourselves in.

Notwithstanding the maxim about the market being able to stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent, I would also point out (as a loyal subscriber of their esteemed organ), that they have been banging on about buying Japan for a fair while as well.

Notwithstanding the maxim about the market being able to stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent, I would also point out (as a loyal subscriber of their esteemed organ), that they have been banging on about buying Japan for a fair while as well.

Yes, hardly a week goes by without some mention of Japan.

Yes they've been saying it pretty consistently for a decade...

Nope they've been saying it pretty consistently for a decade...

FTSE is yielding close to 5% so its a sound investment.

Companies are shedding workforce right left and centre so profits and dividents will hold steady me thinks. Bought a lot at 4000-4200 rather then keeping money in the bank at 2% or indeed investing in property.

Companies are shedding workforce right left and centre so profits and dividents will hold steady me thinks. Bought a lot at 4000-4200 rather then keeping money in the bank at 2% or indeed investing in property.

I agree, but you can only squeeze a lemon so much before all the juice is gone. What happens then? You may want to sell now and go back into safe cash..... Just IMO. :huh:

the banks are pumping the QE into the FTSE to drag in innocents before they pull the rug,

collecting the gains and also getting the shorts. methinks.

The FTSE is being so irrational that i have run a mile from it and will not be back any time soon..it spells danger and very loud..

be a right laugh to see sterling crash completely and all these scumbags who import crap from asia to the UK on big margins go bust

if you call imported coal, oil and gas crap - then its going to be a ball.....

your probably typing on a computer thats for certain NOT made in the UK.

Edited by right_freds_dead