Went To See My Nhs Dentist Yesterday

Bob Loblaw

HOLA441
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Time to worry, Brown has now promised to cure cancer, just the same ******** as Blair's dental promises.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/36111/...-afford-dentist

11 MILLION CAN'T AFFORD DENTIST

COSTLY: More than eight million haven't had dental work in the last five years because of the price

Tuesday February 26,2008

By Victoria Fletcher, Health Editor

Comment Speech Bubble Have your say(22)

MORE than 11million British adults have not seen a dentist in the last two years – because even a check-up is too expensive.

And more than half the adult population now have teeth missing.

Almost eight million patients admit they have not had recommended dental work in the last five years because of the cost.

The shameful truth about the nation’s dental health follows years of broken promises and badly-managed reforms under Labour.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Something is certainly wrong with public finances when an NHS dentist can afford to buy and run a new Ferrari. Its certainly a step up from his Maserati.

Is this really good use of public funds?

Indeed, my (NHS) dentist has a very flash looking TVR chimaera.

edited to add: He looks like he's about 20.

Edited by Lepista

HOLA445
Guest P-Diddly
Time to worry, Brown has now promised to cure cancer, just the same ******** as Blair's dental promises.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/36111/...-afford-dentist

11 MILLION CAN'T AFFORD DENTIST

COSTLY: More than eight million haven't had dental work in the last five years because of the price

Tuesday February 26,2008

By Victoria Fletcher, Health Editor

Comment Speech Bubble Have your say(22)

MORE than 11million British adults have not seen a dentist in the last two years – because even a check-up is too expensive.

And more than half the adult population now have teeth missing.

Almost eight million patients admit they have not had recommended dental work in the last five years because of the cost.

The shameful truth about the nation’s dental health follows years of broken promises and badly-managed reforms under Labour.

Such is the social justice of the UK, an old excavator driver in his sixties had root canal and abyss work done. Now this guy was barely on minimum wage even though he'd worked for the same firm for over 30 years! The dental work hit him for nearly a £1000 at last count . . . more to come. This was 5 years ago.

HOLA446
Something is certainly wrong with public finances when an NHS dentist can afford to buy and run a new Ferrari. Its certainly a step up from his Maserati.

Dentists are rich but Vetinarians are rich beyond all imagination. Ever buy a simple prescription for your dog or cat?

HOLA447
Dentists are rich but Vetinarians are rich beyond all imagination. Ever buy a simple prescription for your dog or cat?

Vets are not generally paid from the public purse and they rely on the emotional blackmail that comes with looking after a pet.

An NHS dentist is a public servant and one that would appear to be grossly overpaid.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest P-Diddly

My mother has retired guide dogs. The bills from the vets are just . . . well insane. Thousands. Of Pounds!!!

I think the Guide Dog Association helps a lot and there's insurance involved somewhere but all the same.

HOLA4410
How do you get an NHS dentist? My last two went private so they could spend more time with their victims.

Been going there for years. Costs me around £14 every 6 months as opposed to a Denplan dentist which costs around £14 a month.

Still, he is obviously grossly overpaid.

HOLA4411

I agree, only private dentists should have ferrari's

I pay £20 a month for private dental insurance. I'm quite happy if it turns out to be money down the drain, unfortunately this year (dentus horribilus) I've made a sparkling profit on my investment and expect a horse's head in my bed from the insurance company. Time sI've had toothache I'd have quite happily given the dentist my life savings to stop it hurting, worst pain I've had, worse than broken bones, concussion, torn muscles - toothache just keeps on giving.

HOLA4412
Been going there for years. Costs me around £14 every 6 months as opposed to a Denplan dentist which costs around £14 a month.

Still, he is obviously grossly overpaid.

You're very fortunate! I'd been going to mine for years too. Then they sold out to some US corporate nonsense, had their surgery painted green and logos everywhere and it was Denplan (or another one) or megabucks pay as you go. Dentistry is a scandal in the UK.

HOLA4413
Is it a really that bad ?

If they didn't pay decent wages, we would not have any nhs dentists. So I have no problem payign them well, they are obviously in-demand, and thus should be rewarded.

You'd rather they weren't well paid and there were less NHS dentists ?

Its a public service, part of the NHS. People (in general) only use private dentists because they cant get an NHS one. Dentists should be paid well, just like GPs should be paid well, but £100,000+ a year is excessive.

I would rather the government held its side of the bargain and used tax receipts to provide the services they are meant to. Pay dentists half the money and you get double the number of dentists, demand for private dentists falls off and everyones happy (apart from the Ferrari dealership)

HOLA4414

Is it a really that bad ?

If they didn't pay decent wages, we would not have any nhs dentists. So I have no problem payign them well, they are obviously in-demand, and thus should be rewarded.

You'd rather they weren't well paid and there were less NHS dentists ?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Care to expand?

Well its just a bassless assumption. We have no data on it, or does someone ?

I can make the assertion that people in general use private dentists becuase they think its a better service/is more conveniant. Personally I have access to a number of NHS dentists, as does my social circle of friends (in London).

I have no problem with Dentists/GP's being paid well. Why focus on these public servants, the banks are still paying bonuses for chrissakes ....

HOLA4421
Well its just a bassless assumption. We have no data on it, or does someone ?

I can make the assertion that people in general use private dentists becuase they think its a better service/is more conveniant. Personally I have access to a number of NHS dentists, as does my social circle of friends (in London).

I have no problem with Dentists/GP's being paid well. Why focus on these public servants, the banks are still paying bonuses for chrissakes ....

Teachers are paid around £30k rising to £50k for senior management. Why is an NHS dentist paid on average £100,000+? Are they really worth it? Where is the justification? People still want to be teachers, the salary does not put them off.

People I know use private dentists because they have no access to an NHS dentist. We must move in different social circles. Do your friends also use private healthcare? If not why not?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest theboltonfury
Teachers are paid around £30k rising to £50k for senior management. Why is an NHS dentist paid on average £100,000+? Are they really worth it? Where is the justification? People still want to be teachers, the salary does not put them off.

People I know use private dentists because they have no access to an NHS dentist. We must move in different social circles. Do your friends also use private healthcare? If not why not?

Mine has a brand new M5. I say fair enough. Don't they have to train for about 7 years?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425