House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
VeryMeanReversion

House For Sale!

Since the board is mostly political today, I thought I would take the liberty of posting something housing related, although it's just an anecdote.

Friend of mine moved for work a couple of years ago, couldn't sell his house so rented that out and rented up here (Cambs). After putting his house back on the market recently, it sold quickly (peak -20%) but they couldn't find anything to buy so stayed renting.

After finding very little for sale in their price range, they manage to get one viewing, don't like the place but notice a for sale sign going up next door. They get the first viewing that day and offer full asking price before it gets to rightmove.

This is the second case in the last two months that friends have just paid full asking price. They are desperate not to stay in rented (kids in local schools). This particular purchase is very risky since they are increasing their mortgage and there is very little chance he will have a job in a few months IMO (I used to work there so know the details) and there are very few jobs going in this area.

I think house prices will keep going up until supply increases.

VMR.

This is the second case in the last two months that friends have just paid full asking price. They are desperate not to stay in rented (kids in local schools). This particular purchase is very risky since they are increasing their mortgage and there is very little chance he will have a job in a few months IMO (I used to work there so know the details) and there are very few jobs going in this area.

I think house prices will keep going up until supply increases.

VMR.

According to my mate Sibley ..................

Your friends are sensible people who recognise that they better get into the market before its too late.

Property only goes up in the long term and that the should buy a house and stay there if it gets them the schools they want.

According to my mate Sibley ..................

Your friends are sensible people who recognise that they better get into the market before its too late.

Property only goes up in the long term and that the should buy a house and stay there if it gets them the schools they want.

You forgot...

There isn't going to be a crash.