HOLA441
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Hi Barry,

Thanks for that website. I am based in Australia and it gets bloody frustrating not being able to see many of the links to BBC videos that people post here.

Only downside is that its 10:30 PM on a work night here in Canberra and there is so much good stuff on your website that I can see a long night in front of me glued to the computer watching all the links on your site.

Great ++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Website mate !!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLA443
Guest UK Debt Slave
As someone has already alluded to, the Boulton interview on Sky was a corker too.

Brown was visibly very angry and ended up squabbling like a schoolchild about what he was and wasn't being allowed to say.

Boulton, cool as you like, just kept prodding him with a stick, knowing how it was coming across.

Boulton also did the paper review with some sour faced Labour supporter who was barely able to talk, she was so depressed at the coverage in this mornings papers.

I was 21 when Labour came to power, obviously back then I was far more interested in girls and booze. Labour have taken over ten years of my life, a lost decade of unaffordable housing and tax-funded public sector expansion.

Now I know what everyone was talking about when they say "I stayed up for Portillo".

Election night next May will be one of the happiest days of my life.

That's what everyone said in 1997 about the tories

I'm afraid the celebrations will be short lived because nothing is going to change in the country under a Cameron government.

Despite all of that, I'll still jump with joy when the snot Gobbler and his Marxist stooges get the boot

HOLA444

Thanks. I really enjoyed that.

I usually can't stand that Sian Williams - and don't get me started on Bill Turnbull - but I'm quite impressed with her here.

It's in stark contrast to Breakfast's usual Brown/Labour love-fest and property ramping.

Hmm... where the Sun goes, the BBC follows...?

HOLA445
I have just taken a look at the interview

To be honest, I fail too see where this demoiloition of Brown is suposed to have occured. I have seen many interviews with Brown where he has completely f*cked up. This didn't look like one of them.

It is a BBC interview of Brown. The interviewer did not immediately bend over and say "Harder harder big boy Broon - show me who is boss"

Hence it is a definite pleasant change from the norm.

PS Good to see I was not the only nip noticer this morning.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Thanks. Just the job. Bookmarked site.

I thought Sian was pretty well on the ball, well briefed. It is a surprising turn of events for the usually fawning BBC.

Short of calling Brown a liar to his face when he is in bullsh1t mode, what can you do? She was clearly exasperated.

He won't accept any criticism or questioning of his facts - maybe he really believes that debt is low, or that all the off-balance sheet debt doesn't count... a bit like saving the world. Regardless of his part in stoking up the bubble.

Gordon Brown is a man who is always 'right'... won't take 'no' for an answer. It's a bit of a flaw. Worrying too that he needs to use his wife for promotional purposes like some sort of call girl (I wonder how that resonates with women).

HOLA448

I love the comments on YouTube:

"I'd love to bum her and Fiona Bruce "

"Sian Williams helps keep my television screen clean because i cannot look at her without sporting wood & getting an uncontrollable urge to? jack off all over her. So i always keep a cloth & a bottle of CIF cream handy near the TV !."

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Something I noticed about this interview as well as Andrew Marr's.

Brown keeps on talking about the need to 'reflect' over 'the past year'. He mentioned this a few times over both interviews so he's clearly sticking to a predetermined script he's concocted with his team.

Why can't anyone in New Labour just say what they're damn well thinking, its tiresome listening to these sound bites over and over again. I can't wait till these tossers are kicked out of office.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Every journalist interviewing Brown needs to print off the following charge-sheet against him:--->

Gordon Brown's 10 worst financial gaffes

1. Taxing dividend payments

Before 1997, dividends issued by UK companies and paid to pension funds were tax-free - that is, the tax could be claimed back via a system of tax credits. Not any more, decided Brown. Tax relief was scrapped, reducing the amount collected by pension funds by around £5 billion a year. Pension funds holding the cash that you, me and almost everyone else in the country plan to use for our retirement have lost around £100 billion over the last 12 years. That's one hell of a stealth tax.

2. Selling our gold

In May 1999 Gordon Brown had a plan to sell some gold. There were two problems with this, which concerned his economic advisers deeply. The price of gold had slumped after a decade of stagnation, but was likely to increase in the proceeding years. Added to this, the announcement of a major sell-off would drive the price down further. Little of this worried Gordon. Experts believe that the poorly timed decision to flog our national treasure has cost us all around £3 billion. Granted, that doesn't seem much nowadays, but more of that later.

3. Tripartite financial regulation

The system of financial regulation dividing powers between the Treasury, the Bank of England and the Financial Services Authority, established by Brown as Chancellor in 2000, missed what amounted to the biggest financial crisis of our lifetime. Whoops. This has led some glass-half-empty commentators to conclude that the system set up by Brown failed and should be replaced. The Commons Treasury Select Committee’s report on the collapse of Northern Rock said that the Financial Services Authority had “systematically failed in its duty†to oversee the troubled bank’s activities. Little did it realise at the time that Northern Rock was the over-leveraged tip of the securitised iceberg.

4. Tax credits

“Gordon Brown claims the tax credits system lifts children out of poverty,†says Simon Blackmore, 38, who was pursued for £6,057 in over-paid tax credits. “Maybe it does, but only to plunge them and their families into debt two years later.†Millions of low-income families have had to pay back the Treasury after receiving too much money in tax credits, putting them under huge financial and emotional strain. Meanwhile, 40 per cent of workers and families who deserved tax credits left billions of pounds unclaimed in the 2008-09 tax year for fear of being chased for the cash later on. Introduced in 1999, reformed in 2000, tax credits have been "a complete disaster zone", according to tax experts.

5. The £10,000 corporation tax threshold

In 2002, Gordon Brown introduced a new tax regime to help small businesses. He announced a new zero per cent rate of corporation tax on profits below £10,000. It was designed to boost the ability of small businesses to grow and prosper. It didn't quite work out this way. It became advantageous for sole traders such as taxi drivers or plumbers to turn themselves into limited companies to take advantage of the new rules. A Treasury Minister later commented that "the Government did not realise how many people would engage in abusive tax avoidance", despite the fact that it was "blindingly obvious" to tax experts "within 5 seconds" of the budget announcement that this would happen. Gordon scrapped the rules a few years later, raising the rate from 0 per cent to 19 per cent when he released how much money was being lost.

6. Abolition of the 10p tax rate

Mr Brown rarely apologises. In fact, he never apologises. But occasionally he acknowledges "mistakes", albeit begrudgingly. Over the abolition of the 10p tax rate in 2007, Mr Brown told Radio 4's Today programme that "we made two mistakes. We didn't cover as well as we should that group of low-paid workers who don't get the working tax credits and we weren't able to help the 60 to 64-year-olds who didn't get the pensioner's tax allowance." Experts use stronger language to describe the Budget of 2007, which was designed to produce positive headlines for the 2p cut in income tax. Accountants calculated that the scrapping of the 10 per cent tax rate, coupled with the increase in the proportion of tax credits withdrawn from higher earners, would leave 1.8 million workers earning between £6,500 and £15,000 paying an effective tax rate of up to 70 per cent.

7. Failing to spot the housing bubble

Gordon Brown said he ended boom and bust, and in those innocent days before the collapse of the global finance system we believed him. In 1997, he outlined his plans. "Stability is necessary for our future economic success", he wisely informed an audience at the CBI. "The British economy of the future must be built not on the shifting sands of boom and bust, but on the bedrock of prudent and wise economic management." The other components of that bedrock including a trillion-pound debt mountain and a decade of unchecked and unparalleled house price inflation presumably slipped his mind. In 2003 a mild-mannered Liberal Democrat MP by the name of Vince Cable dared to question the mantra of "the end of boom and bust". He asked Gordon Brown: "Is it not true that...the growth of the British economy is sustained by consumer spending pinned against record levels of personal debt, which is secured, if at all, against house prices that the Bank of England describes as well above equilibrium level?" Gordon replied: "The Honourable Gentleman has been writing articles in the newspapers, as reflected in his contribution, that spread alarm, without substance, about the state of the economy..." We all know what happened next.

8. 50 per cent tax rate

Robert Chote, director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, has said the tax hike which heralded the end the new Labour may actually end up losing the Government money. "If you look at what happened when higher rates were last changed in the 1980s, that might lead you to suggest that such a move might actually lose you revenue, rather than gain it, as people actually declare less income for tax," he said.

9. Cutting VAT

"It would be funny if it wasn’t so serious," said a tax accountant when asked about the Brown-Darling brainwave to cut VAT by 2.5 percentage points. As a nation of shoppers, rather than shopkeepers, a chopped down sales tax sounds like a good idea, providing a vital boost to hard-pressed families at a time of financial hardship. There were two problems. It costs £12.5 billion a year and it has made little discernable difference to those hard-pressed families because it is shopkeepers, rather than shoppers, who have pocketed much of the benefit.

10. Public-sector borrowing

If Gordon had only saved a little more in the good times, we might have had a little more to fall back on in the bad, economists sigh. Last month saw public-sector net borrowing hit £19.9 billion, the highest on record, according to the Office for National Statistics. The chancellor of the exchequer, Alistair Darling, has forecast that Government borrowing will reach £175 billion this year. It is forecast that total government debt will double to 79 per cent of GDP by 2013, the highest level since World War 2. Mr Chote recently warned that "the scale of the underlying problem that the Treasury’s detailed forecasts identify will require two full parliaments of mounting austerity to repair.â€

Even after he leaves office in 2010, as is almost certain, it seems that we will all be paying for Gordon's gaffes for many years to come.

To that we can add the inordinate amount of wrong-headed legislation Labour have created, letting our troops die through underfunding, etc, etc, etc, etc. But just going through the above charge sheet point by point ought to leave Brown purple and fuming and looking like the lying incompetant buffoon he is.

HOLA4416
Or maybe they are just aware their next Tory bosses are soon to appear. Appeasement in advance.

Nail directly on head. Writing is on the wall - I just hope it's too late.

I'm praying that a day or two after David Cameron becomes PM, the emergency budget includes an immediate 25% reduction in the TV license with 25% more to follow the next year.

The Tories owe the BBC a big payback for 12 years of New Labour sycophancy and propaganda.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

The Adam Boulton / Brown confrontation was just on the box. See the end of this to see what lies just beneath the surface with Gordon. The look on his face was a picture - someone on this thread called it contempt. No. It was something much much more angry than mere contempt. Hate. Fury. A rage going on inside. God only knows how long he can keep on going like this. He's overdue a nervous breakdown.

After glaring at Boulton for some seconds, he gets up to leave between Boulton and the camera. He must have known you just don't do that. It was incredibly gauche and clumsy. Boulton protests openly at Gordon, but Gordon grunts and disappears from view. A bizarre episode to play out in front of the nation. Even his most ardent supporters will probably be cringing.

It's hard to sympathise. Damn your lies, Gordon Brown.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest KingCharles1st

I think it quite remarkable that the other Labour front benchers seem to enjoy seeing their leader taking huge amounts of grief without stepping in and trying to alter perceived outcomes.

It's like watching a playground squabble with the dim kid from their gang falling out with another gang. They rally round in a remote way to defend the cause, but there is a total social disconnect between the unfortunate individual, and the others.

I suppose the real truth of it is that nobody really wants to be seen as Brown's mate come the night of the long knives.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
I didn't know Sian Williams had so much fire in her belly.

Brown looked like he was trying to restrain himself from thumping her.

Go Sian!!

really? I was so nauseated by her spouting the usual breakfast sofa fluff about sarah broon 'standing be 'er man', that i had to switch over. I also thought she gave the union chimp she was interviewing a free ride. Broons a bit of a sitting target at the moment, let him speak for a few minutes about saving the world, saving the banks, care for the elderly etc. then interrupt, talk over him and ask him about the pills. voila. all that gumph about his policies undone by forcing him to pull that sinister smile and shuffle around in his chair in reponse to the questioning of his mental elf.

HOLA4424
Guest KingCharles1st
really? I was so nauseated by her spouting the usual breakfast sofa fluff about sarah broon 'standing be 'er man', that i had to switch over. I also thought she gave the union chimp she was interviewing a free ride. Broons a bit of a sitting target at the moment, let him speak for a few minutes about saving the world, saving the banks, care for the elderly etc. then interrupt, talk over him and ask him about the pills. voila. all that gumph about his policies undone by forcing him to pull that sinister smile and shuffle around in his chair in reponse to the questioning of his mental elf.

I think that the main presenters see Brown for exactly what he is- a mean despotic tyrant with little real care or understanding of others, basically, they now go straight for the jugular as they know he is ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE for what is happening now..

They also realise he is a total pratt which makes the job 1000% easier.

There is no way they would try it on with Cuntelson- they would be looking for a new job within hours...

HOLA4425
I think that the main presenters see Brown for exactly what he is- a mean despotic tyrant with little real care or understanding of others, basically, they now go straight for the jugular as they know he is ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE for what is happening now..

They also realise he is a total pratt which makes the job 1000% easier.

There is no way they would try it on with Cuntelson- they would be looking for a new job within hours...

:lol:

Though I do think you give the Dark Lord a little too much credit for his abilities.