House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

Breaking News - Irish Vote Yes In Euro Constitution!

It's pretty much done that Ireland will vote Yes this time. They are in too much economic trouble at the minute and the reports I've seen on the news has quotes from people on the street stating it will help their recovery and the mess proves they need Europe.

The vote should be yes

High Court judge and head of the Lisbon Referendum Commission Mr Frank Clarke has warned that those telling lies will have "manners put on them", and said he will actively intervene in the campaign if provoked.

The bold stance being taken by the respected judge is seen as a key development in a campaign that continues to be surrounded by confusion.

Speaking to the Sunday Independent, Judge Clarke said that any erroneous statements must and will be clarified and he intends using the full Commission budget of €4.5m to ensure the greatest level possible of understanding.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/li...ed-1891655.html

Strange that you keep getting votes untill you vote yes and then you can not un do it, or so they say.

Next phase will be to push down the pound so that we are all begging to be let in to the euro but i'm not so sure that plan will fool the people.

1.10 to the euro seems a fair price to me.

It's pretty much done that Ireland will vote Yes this time. They are in too much economic trouble at the minute and the reports I've seen on the news has quotes from people on the street stating it will help their recovery and the mess proves they need Europe.

just like being in the euro helped spain?

pure madness

the people of ireland need to hold their nerve and vote no again

Did anyone listen to Cameron this morning on LBC? Was pretty interesting, and I felt he nailed the Europe/ Lisbon question.

He said that Czech and Poland are still to ratify, and Germany aren't quite there yet. If the situation remains the same we will have a referendum if he gets in. If the situation changes, and it's ratified by that time, then he will have to adjust accordingly.

If the idea of the United States of Europe bothers you, better hope we get an early election (is that possible now the economy is "fixed"?... probably not given the Sun's front page this morning) and the Conservatives get in.

The coverage down south seems completely one sided, as far as I can see. I saw a headline the other day with something like "Vote YES for economic recovery" - How or why will it make a difference? Are they hoping for a mass bailing out from the EU which the IMF simply couldn't offer? It's deceit and they will not realise it until too late.

I wish the frickin politicians here would get more vocal about it too. I don't care if anyone else ratifies - I want my vote! :angry:

Guest X-QUORK

If Ireland vote Yes we'll know they've no moral fibre. The only possible reason for such a turn around in 15 months is the fact that they need EU funds...or in other words "Money talks".

If Ireland vote Yes we'll know they've no moral fibre. The only possible reason for such a turn around in 15 months is the fact that they need EU funds...or in other words "Money talks".

What, and you didn't know that?!? :blink: