House Price Crash Forum

The Last Party At The End Of The Oil Age!

smiffy1967

HOLA441

I agree with the majority of the attacks on the current gov on this forum, but would anyone done anything different? Nobody (but from forum members) were complaining whilst house prices were rising and most had employment - everyone was living the dream swamping to shopping malls, eating the best food money could buy and whacking it all on a credit cards, jetting off to far off places they would have never afforded, buying the latest Range Rover or BMW 4x4

someone said it so well on this site some time ago, something like: I knew something was not right when i saw BMW 4x4's outside council houses.

Not once did i see anyone in the tory party say: Hold on Mr. Brown - whats going on here? House prices are rising at 10% a year! Nope, no one said a thing - only Vince cable to be laughed at in the commons. No one said a word on energy security, nobody really made an issue about pension time bombs, it was all champers and caviar. Nobody mentioned the millions of poor sods like you and me that were stuck in AST's moving from one AST to another like Romanian Gypsies! Nobody worried or mentioned that 1% of the landowners owned 90%? of the land gifted to them through a medevil system of Lords and Baroneses.

The Media never uttered a word, never educated the public on the above issues - it was one big party, it almost seemed like it was meant to be like that? The last party at the end of the oil age!!!

And thats what makes me really mad about these synthetic politicians - none of them seem to get the big picture, not even my own conservative MP RH - Philip dunne - dont get me wrong he is a great fella, gifted a family farm here in Ludlow, he was educated at Oxford and went on to work in Private banking and was a leading wealth creator when he went on to startup waterstones bookstores creating thousands of jobs in the process. I take my hat of to him, but even he seems to think that BAU can continue under a different team.

But none of them as well as a number of House Price crashers seem to realize that we have hit the buffers and the limits to growth have been reached and that BAU can never continue as it has done in the past. The banking system is fundamentally flawed - i mean how can you go on creating interest barring loans in a finite world of resources? How can a system that creates 97% of our means of exchange in the forms of usury in Private banks be sustainable?

It simply cannot happen. The only way to buy a house in the near future if you have any sense is on a cash basis, anyone taking on a 25 year mortgage today is doomed to failure and the only difference between you and me - is i am renting from the council whilst you are renting from the bank and paying a lot of interest for the privilege, thefore you are a bigger fool than me (unless you brought some years ago and are nearly finished with the loan.

The world (apart from a few countries who's resources have not been fully exploited yet) is on a massive energy decline and the sum of all the cheap energy ever gifted to mankind has given us unprecedented wealth. So as much as i hate the one eyed Scottish clunt - can anyone offer a solution to our predicament? Not with the current system in tack and the current set of global leaders and banksters! We will (in my opinion) never return to the kind of

fictitious growth we have seen these past few decades, we will see millions without work until somebody tells the truth and we see a paradigm shift.

It would be best if we as a nation spent the next couple of years trying to become an energy independent and food independent country and then telling the world sod you - we cannot pay the debt. Nothing but a remedy like that will stop the civil unrest amongst the dumb down masses in the UK the Stricky, x-Factor - eastenders - what katie did next Sun Readers and the Range Rover i can drive for ever because Oil is infinite crowd and it will never run out in my lifetime crowd.

We are simply screwed and it is better to start educating people about this now rather than when we really hit trouble and that may only be a few years from now.

(Awaiting the usual attacks by grammar police, flat earthers and conocopians)

sad.gif

HOLA442

Politics is about short termism and being the party pooper doesn't win you votes.

If the Tory's had come out and said it was all going to end in disaster they would have been the party of doom and gloom and not realism.

People want to be rich, no one wants to be poor. The irony being if that the pursuit of them being rich will lead them to poverty.

HOLA443
HOLA444

The last Conservative government used tax surplus to pay down national debt and were roundly derided for doing so.

The current Labour Government used the 'surplus' created by the credit Ponzi scheme to construct an enormous public sector and welfare state which we now don't have a hope in Hell of maintaining.

Welcome to 10 years of pain and social unrest - WHOEVER WINS THE NEXT ELECTION.

:blink:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Steve Cook
I agree with the majority of the attacks on the current gov on this forum, but would anyone done anything different? Nobody (but from forum members) were complaining whilst house prices were rising and most had employment - everyone was living the dream swamping to shopping malls, eating the best food money could buy and whacking it all on a credit cards, jetting off to far off places they would have never afforded, buying the latest Range Rover or BMW 4x4

someone said it so well on this site some time ago, something like: I knew something was not right when i saw BMW 4x4's outside council houses.

Not once did i see anyone in the tory party say: Hold on Mr. Brown - whats going on here? House prices are rising at 10% a year! Nope, no one said a thing - only Vince cable to be laughed at in the commons. No one said a word on energy security, nobody really made an issue about pension time bombs, it was all champers and caviar. Nobody mentioned the millions of poor sods like you and me that were stuck in AST's moving from one AST to another like Romanian Gypsies! Nobody worried or mentioned that 1% of the landowners owned 90%? of the land gifted to them through a medevil system of Lords and Baroneses.

The Media never uttered a word, never educated the public on the above issues - it was one big party, it almost seemed like it was meant to be like that? The last party at the end of the oil age!!!

And thats what makes me really mad about these synthetic politicians - none of them seem to get the big picture, not even my own conservative MP RH - Philip dunne - dont get me wrong he is a great fella, gifted a family farm here in Ludlow, he was educated at Oxford and went on to work in Private banking and was a leading wealth creator when he went on to startup waterstones bookstores creating thousands of jobs in the process. I take my hat of to him, but even he seems to think that BAU can continue under a different team.

But none of them as well as a number of House Price crashers seem to realize that we have hit the buffers and the limits to growth have been reached and that BAU can never continue as it has done in the past. The banking system is fundamentally flawed - i mean how can you go on creating interest barring loans in a finite world of resources? How can a system that creates 97% of our means of exchange in the forms of usury in Private banks be sustainable?

It simply cannot happen. The only way to buy a house in the near future if you have any sense is on a cash basis, anyone taking on a 25 year mortgage today is doomed to failure and the only difference between you and me - is i am renting from the council whilst you are renting from the bank and paying a lot of interest for the privilege, thefore you are a bigger fool than me (unless you brought some years ago and are nearly finished with the loan.

The world (apart from a few countries who's resources have not been fully exploited yet) is on a massive energy decline and the sum of all the cheap energy ever gifted to mankind has given us unprecedented wealth. So as much as i hate the one eyed Scottish clunt - can anyone offer a solution to our predicament? Not with the current system in tack and the current set of global leaders and banksters! We will (in my opinion) never return to the kind of

fictitious growth we have seen these past few decades, we will see millions without work until somebody tells the truth and we see a paradigm shift.

It would be best if we as a nation spent the next couple of years trying to become an energy independent and food independent country and then telling the world sod you - we cannot pay the debt. Nothing but a remedy like that will stop the civil unrest amongst the dumb down masses in the UK the Stricky, x-Factor - eastenders - what katie did next Sun Readers and the Range Rover i can drive for ever because Oil is infinite crowd and it will never run out in my lifetime crowd.

We are simply screwed and it is better to start educating people about this now rather than when we really hit trouble and that may only be a few years from now.

(Awaiting the usual attacks by grammar police, flat earthers and conocopians)

sad.gif

We are screwed.

People will not be educated about it becasue, in the first instance, there would be little point and in the second, the people doing the educating would have nothing to gain from the excercise.

There's a storm coming and it will not be avoided

HOLA449
HOLA4410
We are screwed.

People will not be educated about it becasue, in the first instance, there would be little point and in the second, the people doing the educating would have nothing to gain from the excercise.

There's a storm coming and it will not be avoided

me thinks it is better to talk, educate about the storm although impossible to avoid, because if we educate we can avoid the worst extremes of it. For instance, we have about 7 million idle workers (including myself made redundant from a west Midland company) many of the 7 million are unfortunate victims of speculative banking practices that have led to national ruin. Not all though, many have been idle for a decade, some on here call them the work shy. Those that have been victims of the mess are skilled persons in many fields of industry, architects, builders, Plumbers, IT people (like myself). We have power stations to build, ones that run on our most abundant resource WIND! We have acres of land sitting idle belonging to the crown and the elite - land that will stand empty if BAU could continue, this land is arable and can be used to grow food, idle hands can be managed and taught how to grow with all produce going to local markets (our towns to feed us). National resources can be nationlized and run for the betterment of all of us, i know many will object as they are free marketers but this is not an option in the near future, unless you want idle hungry youth taking us to anarchy.

Some of this may sound very tin foil hatish - but be warned because we are heading for national disaster in the long run and some of us have children that will see this all play out.

Edited by smiffy1967

HOLA4411
"Climate change" is code for

ssshhh

peak oil.

I've been saying this for the last 3 years, it seems pretty obvious to me that 'climate change' is the softly softly approach to peak oil. Tell people we are running out of an economically viable oil supply and they will s*it themselves and start a 3 mile queue at the nearest supermarket.

Tell them that climate change is going to flood Bangladesh in 20 years, and folk are like 'so what, we'll sort it eventually, now where are the keys to my V8'. ;)

By the way, great OP, totally agree.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
I've been saying this for the last 3 years, it seems pretty obvious to me that 'climate change' is the softly softly approach to peak oil. Tell people we are running out of an economically viable oil supply and they will s*it themselves and start a 3 mile queue at the nearest supermarket.

The "softly softly" approach is patronising to the public, and most of them aren't daft.

I would rather have seen all the money spent on "Climate Conferences" being invested in renewable energy.

But we have 5 year governments, and 80 year lives.

Except for North Korea that is! :(

HOLA4414
We are simply screwed and it is better to start educating people about this now rather than when we really hit trouble
We have power stations to build, ones that run on our most abundant resource WIND! We have acres of land sitting idle belonging to the crown and the elite - land that will stand empty if BAU could continue, this land is arable and can be used to grow food, idle hands can be managed and taught how to grow with all produce going to local markets (our towns to feed us). National resources can be nationlized and run for the betterment of all of us, i know many will object as they are free marketers but this is not an option in the near future, unless you want idle hungry youth taking us to anarchy.

I think your second quote is more to the point. We aren't "screwed" - we are just entering a period of great change. And note that great change has happened throughout history and humans are still here.

HOLA4415
Guest P-Diddly

Smiffy,

Bang on my mush!

In today's world of job insecurity, how on earth can anyone think they are not going to have at least 6 months unemployment (in one go) in 25 years?

On the energy side, I can't help but wonder if the government is somehow hopeful for fusion energy to become available, hence they have not built any fission reactors.

HOLA4416
That pretty much sums it all up Smiffy, there really is nothing we can do at a macro level now, and very little we can do personally except enjoy the ride, it's going to be rather bumpy. However, it will be better than being dead.......I hope!

Being drunk is a good way to ride it out.

HOLA4417
Politics is about short termism and being the party pooper doesn't win you votes.

If the Tory's had come out and said it was all going to end in disaster they would have been the party of doom and gloom and not realism.

The con's, zen-labour and the dems are all in bed togeqather and the only argument is who gets up first to make the tea.

it's no accident that we are flooded with immigrants, in dedt or are being milked via taxes.

Can we talk about peak silver because i don't go with this peak oil thing even if north sea oil is running out since they have a massive find somewhere in Russia and are keeping quite about it.

OPEC is ran by the yanks, for the yanks and if peak oil makes them profit then peak oil it is.

HOLA4418
On the energy side, I can't help but wonder if the government is somehow hopeful for fusion energy to become available, hence they have not built any fission reactors.

I suspect that "short termism" is more relevant here.

E.g. the Dash For Gas in the early 90s, when this country built gas powered stations rather than coal stations, mainly because the payback period was shorter.

Today we're seeing the same pattern with windmills vs. nukes.

HOLA4419
Guest P-Diddly
I suspect that "short termism" is more relevant here.

E.g. the Dash For Gas in the early 90s, when this country built gas powered stations rather than coal stations, mainly because the payback period was shorter.

Today we're seeing the same pattern with windmills vs. nukes.

I'll go with that. Also the green lobby groups really didn't help the UK in this respect. i beleive the UK imports much electricity from France . . . which is generated by nuclear power.

HOLA4420