House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Errol

How Would You Vote If The General Election Was Tomorrow?

We all agree that Gordon's speech today was a thing of beauty. A remarkable hour that left me lost for words.

Has it made you think that everything on this site is wrong? Is Gordon in fact the messiah come to lead us to the promised land?

Vote now.

I'm struggling. Can't vote Labour, won't vote Tory. Sick of voting Lib Dem. BNP doesn't even enter into it. We need a "None of the above" option.

Want to vote, can't decide who to vote for because I believe any of them.

We all agree that Gordon's speech today was a thing of beauty. A remarkable hour that left me lost for words.

Has it made you think that everything on this site is wrong? Is Gordon in fact the messiah come to lead us to the promised land?

Vote now.

glad to see labour on zero - so far

but so should the tories

can you add the uk libertarian party

I'm still torn between UKIP and conservative.

I suppose I'm more of the norman tebbit/david davies school tory.

which is why I think cameron is a bit wet and wimpy.

There is a lot of mess this wretched government has created and nice fluffy liberal ain't gonna sort it.

I can certainly see the merits in having good relations with europe,and likewise with the US,but I think we've gone a bit too loony left.

We could,in theory,cobble the whole US/EU and commonwealth states together and just have a decent trading relationship with a unitiary currency of the NATO.........as long as the framework is fairly basic and is restricted to human rights and sensible trade and defence policies,rather than how much curvature your bananas have to have,then frankly I can't see a problem with it.

I don't particularly want to see a massive swing to authoritarian right either,but we do have do take some steps to correct what's wrong,and a knee-jerk response will be very damaging so should be avoided if possible.

Labour for me. Brown created the mess, he can clean it up. Another five years would be hilarious, apart from the complete social and economical breakdown of course.

BNP.

They're the only party on the list with actual morals - they are the only party on the list doing it because of something they believe in, rather than to further their own agendas.

What does that say about the UK?

Sitting Labour MP I have is being booted out so Ed Balls gets a 'safe' seat. There has been no opposition for years but a few years ago we got ourselves a BNP city councillor and I guess he will stand in the general so this is likely to galvanize local support. Sure will be an interesting days voting.

Personally I will vote for a local independent who at least lives in this ward and has a track record of doing things for the area.

BNP.

They're the only party on the list with actual morals - they are the only party on the list doing it because of something they believe in, rather than to further their own agendas.

What does that say about the UK?

Mmm, racism and thick as pig5hit economics. Nice.

Vote now.

He's not the messiah he's avery naughty boy :lol:

I'm voting for the Greens. They are the only people who are not prepared to ignore the realities.

Unfortunately they too ignore realities.

But if we have the same candidates as last time, I'll vote green (if any). I was moderately impressed by our local green candidate, and the real options here are Tory or Libdem (we're a marginal seat - changed in 2005).

Well we have had 12 years of it so people obviously want it

:lol: the latter but not the former.

The bnp are a jumped up joke, though. Surely no intelligent person could see their policy platform as a viable foundation for government, even with the tabloid racism removed.

Sitting Labour MP I have is being booted out so Ed Balls gets a 'safe' seat. There has been no opposition for years but a few years ago we got ourselves a BNP city councillor and I guess he will stand in the general so this is likely to galvanize local support. Sure will be an interesting days voting.

Personally I will vote for a local independent who at least lives in this ward and has a track record of doing things for the area.

Hmm, now if BNP is the best chance to throw out Balls (or similar Labour frontbencher), that would indeed make a fine tactical vote!

Hmm, now if BNP is the best chance to throw out Balls (or similar Labour frontbencher), that would indeed make a fine tactical vote!

Not for me. If I had the choice between the worst tory i can think of and the bnp, I'd go for the tory.

Ed Balls is in a class of his own though, I admit. Hateful little man.

:lol: the latter but not the former.

The bnp are a jumped up joke, though. Surely no intelligent person could see their policy platform as a viable foundation for government, even with the tabloid racism removed.

We have had 12 years of New Labours 'reverse racism' where those who are white are disadvantaged and those who are 'ethnic' are chosen for jobs not through ability or skill but by skin colour.

Racism pure and simple.

We have had 12 years of New Labours 'reverse racism' where those who are white are disadvantaged and those who are 'ethnic' are chosen for jobs not through ability or skill but by skin colour.

Racism pure and simple.

Those white people that are disadvantaged are so because they are working class and poor, not because they are white.

Discrimination by class is far more of a problem than that due to colour. The white working class has been sold down the river by governments of both stripes.

I must admit, even at 5/91, I am still disturbed that there are so many still willing to vote labour.

What will the percentage be amongst those that don't even own computers but are well provided for by the welfare state and limit their reading to the daily star?