HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I've made a precis of his "pitch" on his youtube, I do hope it helps his superb business opportunity take off! (I'm rubbishcrap by the way.)

A very accurate summary.

HOLA449

No money down, credit card, overdrafts for deposit. University students buying property.

There's no subprime.

I can't watch the video at work but I take it this chap is not a pensioner.

There have been a few posters on here who have fallen for the government spin, demonizing the older generation, in preparation for an asset tax.

The current spin is that the older generation caused this mess and therefore should pay for it. :lol:

HOLA4410

I can't watch the video at work but I take it this chap is not a pensioner.

There have been a few posters on here who have fallen for the government spin, demonizing the older generation, in preparation for an asset tax.

The current spin is that the older generation caused this mess and therefore should pay for it. :lol:

Relax, your bulging and ungainly vested interest is busting the studs in your corset

HOLA4411

Relax, your bulging and ungainly vested interest is busting the studs in your corset

I think we are unusual in this country in not having a property tax. The poor old lady in the big house argument seems to be trotted out every time in support of arguments both for and against it.

HOLA4412

"...the best deal of the century ... comes up every two or three weeks anyway ...." :blink::lol:

He is a proper tool.

From his you tube profile:

Name: Rob

Co-Founders and Director: Progressive Property

Full Time Property Investors

Authors of "Make Cash in a Property MArket Crash" & "The 44 Most Closely Guarded Property Secrets"

212 Properties Bought Since 2005

with a recently purchased portfolio like that i should think this twunt is $hitting himself.

Good.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I think we are unusual in this country in not having a property tax. The poor old lady in the big house argument seems to be trotted out every time in support of arguments both for and against it.

We have unusualy low (in reality, non existent) taxes on real estate and we have unusualy large problems with our real estate market.

HOLA4415

We have unusualy low (in reality, non existent) taxes on real estate and we have unusualy large problems with our real estate market.

We also have an unusually blinkered perception of propery values. During the last crash, my sister lost 50% off the price she paid for her home and was in negative equity for years.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Where do you live.?

I pay £2500 pa property tax in the UK and that is not counting the extra I pay on water and sewerage charges based on my property rateable value.

When I said asset grab above I was thinking more in terms of a wealth tax based on savings, pension fund and investments, as well as physical asset holdings

HOLA4418

Where do you live.?

I pay £2500 pa property tax in the UK and that is not counting the extra I pay on water and sewerage charges based on my property rateable value.

When I said asset grab above I was thinking more in terms of a wealth tax based on savings, pension fund and investments, as well as physical asset holdings

In the SE, near Laandaahn. I pay about the same as you for a very modest 2 bed cottage.

HOLA4419

Where do you live.?

The council tax isn't strictly a property tax; you can be liable for it without owning property and you can be not liable for it and own a property.

HOLA4420

The council tax isn't strictly a property tax; you can be liable for it without owning property and you can be not liable for it and own a property.

I though you paid a reduced council tax unless the property was uninhabitable, i.e. no roof or W.C. for instance.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Bingo

I do like to make a distinction between ***** like the unshaven twit in the video with his BTL empire built on sand and older couples who saw the value of their pension schemes being eroded and decided to buy a small property to rent out to boost retirement income. Death to the former, sympathy for the latter. Is Ajay Ahuja still solvent? I do hope not.

HOLA4425

The liability for it can be moved to tenants.

True but the landlord pays tax on the rent or capital gain on the property at sale.

Then there is also stamp duty.

This government was doing very well out of property taxes until it went t!ts up.

Edit: Forgot to mention the extension tax, lawn tax and gravel drive tax.

Tax is paid on fuel used to cut grass and there is an aggregate tax on gravel (which is a big chunk of the cost of a newbuild). Planning applications have been a cash cow for local councils too.

Edited by dr ray