House Price Crash Forum

House Prices Rise In Wales Despite Falls Across The Uk

HOLA441

Thank you England for working hard and paying your taxes so that we can have the largest Public Sector in the UK - well done you!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-ne...91466-24803908/

HOUSE prices in Wales continued to buck the trend, rising during August while values in the rest of the UK fell further, figures revealed yesterday.

Values in Wales climbed a further 0.5% last month, taking the average Welsh house price to £123,491.

Across the UK prices dipped by an average of 0.l%. But according to the Land Registry, Wales enjoyed the third largest price jump in Britain.

Only houses in London and the East and West Midlands experienced greater growth in values.

Welsh estate agents yesterday welcomed the news that once again, the property sector was showing signs of recovery.

Peter Reilly, head of residential sales at Savills, Cardiff, told the Western Mail: “These figures match our expectations and I think a continued increase in transactions and prices will follow.

“This should happen for the rest of the year, perhaps exacerbated further by the shortage of supply.â€

The Land Registry figures – calculated using data from completed property sales – also revealed that the annual slippage in prices in Wales had started to slow.

Last month’s yearly price fall was recorded at 7.3% – its lowest since August 2008.

Prices across all parts of Britain continued to fall during August. However, the Land Registry said that the typical annual drop was now 9.4% across the country, up from a low of 16.3% in February.

Mick McGuire, managing director of leading South Wales estate agent Peter Alan, said that the property market had now returned to a “healthy†level.

“We have seen over the last 12 months that prices in Cardiff have moved 10%, by about 20% in the Valleys and the average in South Wales sits at around 15%.

“However prices have stabilised since and I think we are seeing a move back into a more sustainable position.

“Prices are now climbing up by about 0.5% to 1% and I think that this will be sustainable.â€

There was also further evidence that activity in the market is on the rise, with 48,903 homes changing hands in June, the latest month for which figures are available.

This was the highest number since August last year and only 17% below levels for June 2008.

Property intelligence group Hometrack said that house prices in England and Wales edged ahead by 0.2% in September.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Of course, but I said generous, not lavish. I want lavish support from my fellow Brits living in England.

Do you want your own TV Channel - get yourself a few hundred mill a year and you can hire Megan Fox to hand deliver the DVDs to my house :huh:

I think everyone in Wales should have their own TV Channel.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Did they oppose the usurper, Henry Tudor? English bast . . . , er, . . um :blink:

No, I think they were mind their own business on the hillside one day tending the dragons, as you do, when they ruddy big army hove into view and demanded all their turnips!

Do you know something - to this very day not a single Welsh language turnip has been grown in Wales. I think I feel a subsidy demand coming on...

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
The Taffia hate that.

Edit:

Oops, I assumed that was the Not the Nine O'Clock News version.

No, I was looking for the NTNON version, but it did not appear to be on youtube.

Edit: as a consolation I did find the 'American Express' sketch where Pamela Stephenson'

get her wallettes out.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest Dizzy Rash Call
Um, no you can't actually.

On a serious note,

It's about time the government started to regenerate areas, re disperse the population and stop making the economy so bloody London centric.

HOLA4419
On a serious note,

It's about time the government started to regenerate areas, re disperse the population and stop making the economy so bloody London centric.

Yes, been my bugbear for years - we live in a City state called London with a couple of satellite cities such as Edinburgh and Cardiff.

Germany is not just Berlin, France is not just Paris and so on - most modern countries have a diversified geographically spread economy.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425