Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Brown Promises To Do The Right Thing With Neighbours From Hell

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle6853452.ece

From Times Online September 29, 2009

Brown and Johnson to pledge more powers for tackling 'neighbours from hell'

(Ben Grurr/The Times)

The teenager who is accused of abusing the Pilkingtons before their deaths

Gordon Brown will relaunch Labour’s crusade against anti-social behaviour today against the backdrop of public fury at the fate of a mother driven by a teenaged gang to kill herself and her disabled daughter.

New Labour have undoubtedly caused more people to want to take their own lives than any government before it. Mass unemployment, hopelessness of debt, child poverty that led to Pilkington's disease etc. have all contributed to societal depression and anxiety.

Brown has had more re-launches than a............................ :lol:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle6853452.ece

From Times Online September 29, 2009

Brown and Johnson to pledge more powers for tackling 'neighbours from hell'

(Ben Grurr/The Times)

The teenager who is accused of abusing the Pilkingtons before their deaths

Gordon Brown will relaunch Labour’s crusade against anti-social behaviour today against the backdrop of public fury at the fate of a mother driven by a teenaged gang to kill herself and her disabled daughter.

New Labour have undoubtedly caused more people to want to take their own lives than any government before it. Mass unemployment, hopelessness of debt, child poverty that led to Pilkington's disease etc. have all contributed to societal depression and anxiety.

Brown has had more re-launches than a............................ :lol:

Well, this something he should know all about since he was Bliar's neighbour from Hell for ten years. :lol:

The simplest way to deal with families causing grief is to kick them out. In most cases these incidents involve council tenants.

I don't understand why councils give people these super-secure tenancies in the first place.

Put them on normal ASTs, then if they f*** about at all, the council can simply say "here's your notice".

If people knew that if they allowed their teenage brats to inflict misery on their neighbours, they would rapidly find themselves on the streets, I think that they would try harder to make them behave.

I don't understand why councils give people these super-secure tenancies in the first place.

Because anyone reliant upon or employed by the state gets it all under Labour.

They've won "the lottery of life" as some deluded old boomer fantasist is often heard to trot out.

Edited by pete.hpc

The simplest way to deal with families causing grief is to kick them out. In most cases these incidents involve council tenants.

Put them on normal ASTs, then if they f*** about at all, the council can simply say "here's your notice".

If people knew that if they allowed their teenage brats to inflict misery on their neighbours, they would rapidly find themselves on the streets, I think that they would try harder to make them behave.

Because to actually do something like this means unlimited aggravation for the council management.

And they have a duty in law to find housing for these people no matter how they behave, they have to live next to someone and that would cause even more aggro.

The easiest thing to do is nothing, so that is what happens.

Because to actually do something like this means unlimited aggravation for the council management.

And they have a duty in law to find housing for these people no matter how they behave, they have to live next to someone and that would cause even more aggro.

caravan in a field - cost - not a lot

round up the worst and let them torment each other

if they wont accept that then let them find their own accomodation

1 bad apple etc

caravan in a field - cost - not a lot

round up the worst and let them torment each other

if they wont accept that then let them find their own accomodation

1 bad apple etc

I concur with the sentiment but I am afraid a caravan would be illegal. The council has a legal duty to find appropriate accomodation and the bigger the familly the bigger the legal entitlement.

Guest skullingtonjoe

Re-education camps / training centres if they act up. Something similar to where failed asylum seekers are held. Maybe feasible, maybe not, but at least it might make people think that they are not `above the law`.

Create/send them to District 9

I concur with the sentiment but I am afraid a caravan would be illegal. The council has a legal duty to find appropriate accomodation and the bigger the familly the bigger the legal entitlement.

Its what they do in the NL

prefab housing instead of caravans but the principal is the same

And Brown accuses Cameron of having a populist agenda :lol::lol:

I want Brown to address the issue of Jordan being dropped from the Breast Cancer campaign which is gripping the nation.

I can't see the problem here, this is only a concern to other council tenants and those that have to enter council estates such as meter readers. Supposedly having a secure council tenancy is like a lottery win, Daily Mail readers should be happy to hear about any drawbacks.....

This is a non-issue.

It would be far better to cancel East Enders and it's message of agression and violence.....

Edited by council dweller

I thought that if people had intentionaly made themselves homeless the council had no resonsibility.

Perhaps the most deluded thing Nulab have ever said was "joined up government", because they rarely if ever join up anything.

They rail against irresponsibility yet structure financing and right to encourage it. They lauch campaigns to stamp out antisocial behaviour whilst enshrining rights of protection for people that makes it well nigh impossible to threaten then with withdrawal of support.

In short, they are like really, really weak bad managers who call for great results but do none of the difficult things that achieve them.

I wonde what you guys think of this? its hardly an original thought I know, but due to my employment putting me in a position of trust amongst people of all social/economic classes. I keep coming back to this:

the welfare state has encouraged the very least amongst us to reproduce the most.

I am constantly meeting young single mothers that have no job, have never even mentioned job or career to me. they have a boyfriend that 'lives with his parents' yeh sure. they get given a flat and benefit. the thing is these are often well spoken, intelligent girls, that could have made thier way. but they are of an area or generation that has worked out that its actually less risky to have the baby now, and you WILL get looked after.

I meet the more middle class kids, they are struggling to rent a place, worried about work etc. ( by kids im mean anyone under 21, as im so old) and cant afford kids/ marriage.

the former have huge families and all live close to each other with loads of kids. the latter much smaller families. often because they simply think they cant afford it.

an example even closer to home. young couple a few doors down. under 22. 4 kids aged 3 to 7. housing benefit is paying for a 4 bed sem worth 300k even today. both have never worked and no intention of working. the kids go to school. they arent a 'bad' family. but lets face it. the girls will watch and learn and drop sprogs early to get on the 'state housing ladder' jeez even the grans only about 40. they arent likely to contribute much.

but just over the road , young couple. recent baby. both having to work.

its our societies fault.

I wonde what you guys think of this? its hardly an original thought I know, but due to my employment putting me in a position of trust amongst people of all social/economic classes. I keep coming back to this:

the welfare state has encouraged the very least amongst us to reproduce the most.

I remember 20 odd yrs ago the advice given to my girlfriend

by the housing dept was

If you want a house from us - get pregnant!!!

in other words produce the next generation of peasants

for the masters to exploit and we will give yoy shelter

We were not that dumb tho !!

we had our 2 kids 10-12 yrs later after we had

got ourselves in a position of security

in other words produce the next generation of peasants

for the masters to exploit and we will give yoy shelter

not quite worked tho mate. as the peasants dont work, and we just have to keep supporting them.

not quite worked tho mate. as the peasants dont work, and we just have to keep supporting them.

Our peasants may have stopped working, that is why we now import them in ever larger numbers.

Because they broke it?

I think it's maybe a bit too easy to blame Tory policies in the 80s for the current situation. I grew up on a large, sprawling council estate in the 1950s and 1960s. The town was industrial with the vast majority of us working class. There were some troublesome families - everyone knew them and kept their distance if they could.

But, the vast majority of people were, to use a cliche, 'salt of the earth'. Hardworking and thoroughly decent. Almost every house had a man in it -the father - most houses were occupied by married couples. Illegitimacy was very much the exception, not the rule. On a Sunday almost every garden would have the man in it, gathering vegetables for the Sunday lunch. Vegetables were grown by nearly everyone - as nearly everyone was hard up.

If you go there now, the place looks so, so different. Most of the ex-council houses have been bought - many of them have electric wrought iron gates - double glazing, huge satellite dishes - and a big 4x4 on the drive. Yet, despite the apparent increase in wealth, the place is a complete shithole. The people are, at the risk of sounding snobbish, completely bloody awful.

What's changed? Well my belief is that the thing that has really changed the world we live in, changed people from decent, self-reliant, hard working members of society to people that let their kids roam the streets doing anything they want, who think the world owes them a living etc - is television (in particular) and the media (generally).

I'm sure if Labour had won in 1979, and we had had a Labour government continuously since then, things would be much the same. Let's face it, things have continued to get worse in the last 12 years. I don't think people behave badly because the Tories (allegedly) encouraged greed and the loadsamoney culture of the late 1980s. I think people behave badly because television has destroyed communities and corrupted moral values. The parent(s) sits glued to their 50" plasmas - dreaming of life in an apartment in Spain - while the kids run riot on the estate. Bit simplistic - but I think it has a hell of a lot more relevance to people's everyday lives than what governments get up to.

Edited by Let's get it right