House Price Crash Forum

Tuc Call For Action On Falling House Prices

HOLA441

http://www.tuc.org.uk/newsroom/tuc-17032-f0.cfm

'The drop in house prices and sales is being felt most keenly in the North of England - particularly in the North West - where the recession is also biting on employment.

'The Government needs to keep putting pressure on banks to lend their customers money to keep the housing market and the wider economy moving.

Not much to say, other than my disdain for the TUC has just rocketed.

Edited by Turnbull2000

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest P-Diddly
Oh P!

This is New Labour..........they do both!

Mike

Mike,

I have bad feeling over this. Affordability is going to get much, much worse. They'll trash GBP and maintain these prices (in GBP). Of course it may all go pop in the end, can't QE forever and the markets will at some point re-price risk and thus real interest rates, but over what timeframe?

Bit like this cars thing and the scrappers deal. Whatever it's called.

Daddy Bear is likely right. Cash (GBP) is trash.

HOLA4411

+FFS

TUC, on behalf of the its overstretched and often priced-out workers, seeks to maintain property prices at bubble levels... I suspect this will have a lot more to do with the self-interest of individual TUC leaders who like the politicians have dabbled in the market.

You really have to question what has happened to the trade union movement to believe that the property market and its fantasy wealth is more important and valuable than manufacturing and providing the goods and services that create real wealth.

Oh well, debt is dandy.

HOLA4412
They'll go down, but not in Pounds.

This lot have two options. Trash the currency or trash house prices.

They chose the currency.

They didn't 'chose' to trash either. Both have suffered. Sterling will not be allowed to fall below 1 Euro but house prices can and will still go down.

HOLA4413

And just to prove the two-facedness of Brendan Barber, here are his words just before the bubble burst in 2007.

Housing is by far and away the biggest cost for most people at work in the North East. These stark figures bring alive the housing crisis. They show just how quickly buying your own home has gone out of the reach of many working people. It is striking that house prices seem to have gone up in line with the pay of top directors and the super-rich, rather than middle and low earners.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
http://www.tuc.org.uk/newsroom/tuc-17032-f0.cfm

Not much to say, other than my disdain for the TUC has just rocketed.

+1

I am deeply disappointed in them.

As a kind of philosophical aside, I despise people who, instead of being truthful and saying 'I, or we, want this (whatever) to happen or be done' say 'This must happen'. It is a clear falsehood, trying to promote their wish into a categorical imperative.

HOLA4422
The unions leaders at least have been so sucked in by New Labour and their neo liberal agenda they have more in common

with the bankers than they do with the members they represent.

No, really?

These are the guys who sold you lot on the minimum wage and the need to regulate everything that walks or crawls, mind you.

S U C K E R S

HOLA4423
And just to prove the two-facedness of Brendan Barber, here are his words just before the bubble burst in 2007.

Good find, can't believe I throw seventeen quid a month out of my pay-packet to a trade union when they're represented by the likes of this joker.

What a load of ******.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425