House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wonderpup

Sign O The Times?

My sister went to blackbush market on saterday and there was a solicitor there with a pitch touting for accidental injury business- this market is a fools and horses type affair- cut price DVDs, cheap electricals and plastic tat- not the place one would expect to run across importuning members of the legal profession.

Just how bad are things out there for the legal eagles? I've never heard of anything like this before.

My sister went to blackbush market on saterday and there was a solicitor there with a pitch touting for accidental injury business- this market is a fools and horses type affair- cut price DVDs, cheap electricals and plastic tat- not the place one would expect to run across importuning members of the legal profession.

Just how bad are things out there for the legal eagles? I've never heard of anything like this before.

awesome idea!!!!

i might do that with my business!!!! Which it polishing young girls bras while they wait!!! yummy

I was pretty cynical when my cousin signed up with one of these claim firms after tripping on a kerb.

He ended up 3k better off for it and all within two months, setttled out of court. I couldn't beleive it.

So the marketing may be cheesy, but there's sure money in it.

any bankers lurking on the corner

I was pretty cynical when my cousin signed up with one of these claim firms after tripping on a kerb.

He ended up 3k better off for it and all within two months, setttled out of court. I couldn't beleive it.

So the marketing may be cheesy, but there's sure money in it.

I was just surprised hear about a solicitor taking his place alongside the barrow boys at a street market- it seems a little bit desperate- but I guess it makes sense, if that's demographic his business comes from. But it does seem at odds with the image of the legal professional- certainly the first time I've heard of them touting their wares in such a direct fashion.

I was just surprised hear about a solicitor taking his place alongside the barrow boys at a street market- it seems a little bit desperate- but I guess it makes sense, if that's demographic his business comes from. But it does seem at odds with the image of the legal professional- certainly the first time I've heard of them touting their wares in such a direct fashion.

Will writing firms often have stalls like that. Same level of expertise, where the profits come from volume rather than complexity, with the hope of hooking a few quality fees. They're probably a small outfit looking to break in to the local chav market for "trip 'n fallers".

Edited by okaycuckoo

I hope his market stall isn't a trip hazard.

Imagine what would happen if someone were to trip, then the next person trips over the first, until the entire population has fallen flat on their faces.

Oh yes that would be an economic miracle!

In our town shopping centre a bloke set up a stall with a couple of pop up displays wanting to buy peoples gold.

Is this the sign of a bubble?

Edited by Yorkshire Lad

In our town shopping centre a bloke set up a stall with a couple of pop up displays wanting to buy peoples G O L D.

I saw the same thing in maidenhead recently- and the tv is full of adverts for the same thing.

Soon well have tv shows like 'gold in your attic' and a metal detectorist turned tv celebrity with ' coins under the scanner'.

:lol::lol::lol:

I hope his market stall isn't a trip hazard.

Imagine what would happen if someone were to trip, then the next person trips over the first, until the entire population has fallen flat on their faces.

Oh yes that would be an economic miracle!

It's depressing, but you've nicely summed up the UK mortgage/consumer debt disaster.

M8 of mine lives on the roughest estate in his town , quite often these firms do door to door knocking to drum up business.

In our town shopping centre a bloke set up a stall with a couple of pop up displays wanting to buy peoples gold.

Buying gold shops are becoming about as popular for filling empty ahop units as pound shops at the moment.

I imagine 90% of the day is spent declining Elizabeth Duke tat from Argos.