House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Schoolgirl, 14, Dies And Three Classmates Taken Ill After Being Given New Cervical Cancer Vaccine

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...cancer-jab.html

A 14-year-old schoolgirl today died shortly after being given the new cervical cancer vaccine.

The teenager collapsed at her school in Coventry after receiving the jab as part of a national immunisation programme.

She was taken to hospital but doctors were unable to save her.

Three of her classmates also suffered possible side-effects after being injected with Cervavix, which protects against human papillomavirus (HPV), this afternoon.

None of the other girls needed hospital treatment. Health officials have impounded the batch of vaccine so further tests can be carried out.

The death is believed to be the first linked to the jab since a nationwide vaccination programme began this month.

The girl's parents have been informed of her death. The health authority has also contacted the parents of other children at the school.

Dr Caron Grainger, from NHS Coventry, said: 'A 14-year-old girl was taken ill at a school in Coventry and was taken to University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire where she later sadly died.

'Our sympathies are with the girl's family and friends at this difficult time.

'The incident happened shortly after the girl had received her HPV vaccine at the school.

'No link can be made between the death and the vaccine until the facts are known and a post-mortem takes place.'

'NHS Coventry has taken the proactive step of impounding the batch of vaccine being used as a precautionary measure.'

Yes now we can have mass hysteria again.

We all going to die.

My daughter had the jab today, no ill effects thank goodness. This news has made me have a 'there but for the grace of god moment' to be honest.

Did you struggle with the decision to let her have it?

I'm just wondering. I'm getting earache about not having my youngest pre-school boosters done. Tbh, I feel rather bullied into it.

Sad to hear, there is a risk in a very few people of adverse reaction. But sounds like in the other three was just hysteria. My mun was a school nurse and loads would faint during the BCG.

This is jumping to conclusions though. We don't know that the cause of her death was. The paper report was just a non-story to be honest - there really aren't any facts in it on which to base any sort of opinion.

Last year, however, the European drugs watchdog said it would continue monitoring the use of Gardasil after two girls in Germany and Austria died unexpectedly after receiving the vaccine. The European Medicines Agency said the

causes of death could not be identified and no causal link made with the use of the drug. It said that the benefits continued to outweigh the risks.

guardian.co.uk, Monday 28 September 2009 22.07 BST

Fairtirade, no I didn't struggle. Cervical screening is good in the UK, but not fantastic and I'd rather my daughters not develop cervical cancer than have it 'detected' and treated.

And she was keen to have it too, she's 13, pretty clever and is capable of making decisions.

WRT pre-school boosters, I was fine with my lot having them. I have a relative who has been left disabled as a result of catching a 'mild' childhood illness, so I am pro vaccine.

This is clearly a tragic case and the Daily Mail will claim that it justifies their campaign against the vaccine in the UK.

Many people also die if cervical cancer which is also tragic and is why the Daily Mail in Ireland claim they are running their campaign to have the cervical vaccine introduced to Ireland.

I'm just wondering. I'm getting earache about not having my youngest pre-school boosters done. Tbh, I feel rather bullied into it.

As long as you don't let them do far riskier things, like get driven to school, then you are being consistent.

Guest KingCharles1st

Well, my eldest is Asbergers, luckily it has gone the way of improvement and now presents so mildly you wouldn't know he had any problems at first.

I felt bullied into getting him the MMR, and it wasn't long afterwards the problems started. Who can say.. really, I honestly don't know, but if I had that choice again it wouldn't have gone into him-I mean I ended up with a divorce on my hands anyway.

Well, my eldest is Asbergers, luckily it has gone the way of improvement and now presents so mildly you wouldn't know he had any problems at first.

I felt bullied into getting him the MMR, and it wasn't long afterwards the problems started. Who can say.. really, I honestly don't know, but if I had that choice again it wouldn't have gone into him-I mean I ended up with a divorce on my hands anyway.

Sorry to hear that, but the evidence that it is caused by MMR was provided by a chap who owns rights to the individual vaccines and even that was risible. You seem to be blaming yourself, which is a great shame.

Guest KingCharles1st
Sorry to hear that, but the evidence that it is caused by MMR was provided by a chap who owns rights to the individual vaccines and even that was risible. You seem to be blaming yourself, which is a great shame.

Well, I have accepted that he "has it." In truth, he "did" seem totally "normal" until after the jab. It only took me about 6 years to get his mother and teachers to accept there were some problems that needed addressing. However, when finally on the system, it was told to us that these problems do not start to present until around the age that he would have got the jab. So it is really hard, to come to terms with. TBH, I don't think about it any more, but this Cervical jab thingy just fires it all up.

I feel desperately sorry for the girls family- I just can't imagine how they feel, and will always be tormented by this.

More blood on the hands of the big pharma.

Wonder what the total is now. Shipman would be proud.

Yeah, I know I long for a return to the days when Smallpox, Cholera, TB and all manner of other nasties were rife.

You're an idiot.

Statistics CAN tell if there is a link; it's not a case of 'who can say'. Your eldest would still have had ASD, but you could have damage from measles (for instance) to contend with as well.

I've just cancelled the appt for mine. She wasn't keen on having the vaccine anyway rather me pushing her to do it and we kept getting reminder notices. How much does the surgery receive for each vaccination for them to be so eager.

I think we'll wait until some more research is carried out. The poor family.

I've just cancelled the appt for mine. She wasn't keen on having the vaccine anyway rather me pushing her to do it and we kept getting reminder notices. How much does the surgery receive for each vaccination for them to be so eager.

There will be more cases like this, however the research has been carried out and there would be far more cases of deaths from cervical cancer otherwise. These cases will not be featured in the Daily Mail though, unless it is a celebrity.

As long as you remember the very real and well documented figure of 1 in 117 women getting cervical cancer.

http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancersta...rvix/mortality/

There is a death from Cervical cancer in this country once every 10 hours. For women in the 20-30 age group it's less, about one every 10 days.

I don't have girls, so not a dilemma I will find myself faced with, but I've always felt it's like playing Russian Roulette when having some vaccinations.

I don't even understand why I've got a bit an@l about my youngest having the pre-school, the other 2 have had all their vacs. It may be because he still managed to contract mumps and I lost a bit of faith in the process as well the recent letters home from school, talk of not being able to send your kids to school without them, the look of disgust by staff in A & E when you admit your crime of not having had them done etc

Yeah, I know I long for a return to the days when Smallpox, Cholera, TB and all manner of other nasties were rife.

You're an idiot.

I long for the days after we had the good nutrition and housing and these diseases were dissapearing, but before all this stupid vaccination nonsence propaganda rubbish.

You're an idiot.

How do you get these diseases when we no longer have slum housing condition? We now have good sanitation and clean water supply, plus good nutrition. In India where they have everybody vaccinated if you live in a slum and have shit running down the street it makes no differance.