House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

Hpc Tv Tonight 8pm Onwards

8PM C4 Dispatches: MP's, Planes and Gravy Trains

With MP's enjoying a record-breaking 82 day summer break this year, Alex Johnson investigates what's expected of them during their time off. How open are they and which ones are taking publicly-funded trips around the globe?

After last May's expenses scandal, can politicians be trusted to be accountable?

8.30 BBC1 Panorama The Truth About Spending Cuts

John Ware challenges politicians to come clean about their plans to slash expenditure.

Guest P-Diddly
8PM C4 Dispatches: MP's, Planes and Gravy Trains

With MP's enjoying a record-breaking 82 day summer break this year, Alex Johnson investigates what's expected of them during their time off. How open are they and which ones are taking publicly-funded trips around the globe?

After last May's expenses scandal, can politicians be trusted to be accountable?

8.30 BBC1 Panorama The Truth About Spending Cuts

John Ware challenges politicians to come clean about their plans to slash expenditure.

:blink:

Must be doing constituency work though?

:blink:

Must be doing constituency work though?

When they are not in some whippng den, or being fitted for a double Prince Albert.

The male MP's are probably up to no good, as well...

Guest P-Diddly
When they are not in some whippng den, or being fitted for a double Prince Albert.

The male MP's are probably up to no good, as well...

Wickedness! :ph34r:

I also thought it was very good. Phrases like 'calm before the storm' and 'cuts of around 20%'. They also showed the debt clock at £1,400,000,000,000. :ph34r:

I suppose its been discussed on here ages ago, and more then once. It's just a shame that it keeps on getting worse, labour are hoping to slash the spending deficit in half, so we 'only' go 9 billion extra into the red each month. :lol:

the classic Statist bastards, as soon as cuts are mentioned it's the police and kids who will suffer of course, not the bureaucrats and quangocrats which can easily be cut and frontline "useful" things preserved but they have to keep the hysteria and the public fearful

the classic Statist bastards, as soon as cuts are mentioned it's the police and kids who will suffer of course, not the bureaucrats and quangocrats which can easily be cut and frontline "useful" things preserved but they have to keep the hysteria and the public fearful

That's what I noticed about the programme. When cuts are mentioned it suggested that it might lead to fewer police on the streets, growing waiting lists at hospitals, long waits when you dial 999, education suffering. We can hardly afford to do that can we, what with education being dumbed down as it is, chaos in every town in the country every weekend, and A&E wards full up with drunk chavs. So.. where did all that money go?

How about a major overhaul of the benefits system so that it is only a safety net as intended, and not a lifestyle choice - The longer it's allowed to contine, the worse things will get!

That's what I noticed about the programme. When cuts are mentioned it suggested that it might lead to fewer police on the streets, growing waiting lists at hospitals, long waits when you dial 999, education suffering. We can hardly afford to do that can we, what with education being dumbed down as it is, chaos in every town in the country every weekend, and A&E wards full up with drunk chavs. So.. where did all that money go?

How about a major overhaul of the benefits system so that it is only a safety net as intended, and not a lifestyle choice - The longer it's allowed to contine, the worse things will get!

A good programme, agreed. In fact, it was fairly chilling even to a hardened bear like me. 10%-20% cuts repeated over and over and the root cause of property speculation and lax lending mentioned early on.

The good side of 'Auntie Pravda'.

Having my local chief copper so resigned to cutting officers imminently was worrying, and the point about "front line" staff extending to "back office support" was made well. The simple truth is "less is less" as the Canadian put it.

At least we had Cameroon mentioning Regional Devt. Agencies in his top 3 cut targets.

I really hope he sticks to that as I can't think of a more expendable area for cuts.

ed. more expendable

Edited by drrayjo