House Price Crash Forum

Roman Polanski

OnionTerror

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8277886.stm

It doesn't matter when it occurred. He is a convicted Pedophile. Nazi war criminals are brought to justice sixty years after their offenses. He was found guilty and ran away from justice, so hopefully he will be extradited back to the US and serve the sentence given to him.

His sentence should be more severe because he ran away and he's purposely avoided countries that have extradition treaties with the US. Who gives a monkeys whether he's famous or not. Just imagine the outcry if Gary Glitter or Jonathan King did the same thing and got away with what they did.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

A luvvie on R4 this evening was complaining that because he was a very good film director, he ought to be let off. Ironically, the film critic cited Rosemary's Baby and Chinatown as evidence of his mastery: both films which, if I remember them correctly, feature sexual perversion as part of their plots, and depict the perverts sympathetically.

He was 44 at the time of the offence, and the girl was 13. Yeugghhh.

HOLA444
It doesn't matter when it occurred. He is a convicted Pedophile. Nazi war criminals are brought to justice sixty years after their offenses. He was found guilty and ran away from justice, so hopefully he will be extradited back to the US and serve the sentence given to him.

I don't think you'll find many people who disagree with this.

On the plus side we can recycle some of the old Gary Glitter jokes. :)

HOLA445
A luvvie on R4 this evening was complaining that because he was a very good film director, he ought to be let off. Ironically, the film critic cited Rosemary's Baby and Chinatown as evidence of his mastery: both films which, if I remember them correctly, feature sexual perversion as part of their plots, and depict the perverts sympathetically.

He was 44 at the time of the offence, and the girl was 13. Yeugghhh.

Repulsion?

HOLA446
Even the wishy washy bleeding heart labour luvvy reviewing the papers on Sky last night was very clear on this.

Its not really something that is debatable to anyone with an ounce of moral fibre

But then nor was Mcgrahi

or the IRA terrorist releases.

The frightening thing is though that a lot of people genuinely don't think what this guy has done is particularly wrong and are openly criticising his arrest. There was a documentary a while back on this and there were luminaries such as Jack Nicholson openly applauding him when he couldn't turn up at the Academy Awards at the time all this hit the fan. Now you have the French foreign minister, or whoever it was, voicing his outrage.

I have no idea how anyone can condone what this guy has done. This wasn't a case of a girl who was just a bit too young but one of a girl who was 13 - the age of consent in California is 18! The original charges related to drugging and sodomy but were plea bargained down to just underage sex. The girl in question has said that she was basically coerced into saying yes to him and actually said no several times.

It's amazing how the entertainment industry is supporting this guy and, quite honestly, seems to suggest that fvcking the underaged or those who don't give informed consent is tacitly accepted within those circles.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
No, I'm suggesting there is a section of people who LOVE stories like this because it gives them the opportunity to spew their impotent rage. It's guff. Who gives a monkey's? Really. It's between the courts the victim and his lawyers. It's prurient. All the fake gasps of shock don't hide the fact that those expressing the outrage love it. That's also sick, but we don't discuss that. And I loved Chinatown. I say let him bone whoever he fancies. ;)

Hmmm. Tongue firmly in cheek there....

As Ronnie Biggs has seen, there is no time limit.

I also don't like this idea that because he is a rich film producer he somehow deserves an exemption.

I'm not outraged by the offence - having heard some of the rock and roll stories of the time it wasn't unusual in the 70s - but he broke the law and Joe Average would be punished.

HOLA4411
No, I'm suggesting there is a section of people who LOVE stories like this because it gives them the opportunity to spew their impotent rage. It's guff. Who gives a monkey's? Really. It's between the courts the victim and his lawyers. It's prurient. All the fake gasps of shock don't hide the fact that those expressing the outrage love it. That's also sick, but we don't discuss that. And I loved Chinatown. I say let him bone whoever he fancies. ;)

Dude - he got a 13-year old drunk and raped her... there was no consent.

Not what I'd call "boning" Rape is rape.

He's a slimy French Paedo who deserves to spend the next 20 years banged up being someone's b1tch just to see how he likes it.

And his movies were all sh1te n'all.

HOLA4412
It's between the courts the victim and his lawyers.

It was, until he was convicted. Unless there is any suggestion that the conviction is unsafe, he has already been judged guilty and fled justice. It's not like they're trying to extradite someone who is just a suspect.

I did find it striking however that the French were prepared to stand up for one of their citizens, when we can't wait to see Gary McKinnon shipped over the pond and clapped in irons.

Given the above, Sarkozy's action is in effect to challenge the integrity of California's legal system.

And I loved Chinatown. I say let him bone whoever he fancies.

Reminds me of Arturo Toscanini's comment about Richard Strauss (classical composer and Nazi party member and to a limited extent activist): 'To his music I take my hat off, but to the man I put it firmly back on again'.

HOLA4413

The guy may simply be ******ed in the head. His wife and unborn child were brutally murdered afterall.

Polanksi

As for the crashedoutandburned chat about more than meets the eye ?

"Prior to his September 2009 arrest in Switzerland, Polanski was directing an adaptation of Harris' The Ghost, a novel about a writer who stumbles upon a secret while ghosting the autobiography of a former British prime minister"

Tin Foil ******ing hat firmly on !! It's all Broon's fault - again.

HOLA4414
Fvcking nonse obsessed brigade display their faux rage again I see. This is worse than reading the Express. Bunch of miserable holier than thou MoFos.

Total rubbish. If anything it's the other way around; lots of wealthy, liberal luvvies, insulated from reality, going out of their way to play down what this oily little pervert has done.

If people think that this guy has done no wrong then why aren't they fronting a campaign to make it legal for middle aged men to drug-rape 13 year olds?

Fact is that these people think it's perfectly okay for middle aged men to drug-rape 13 year olds, but only as long as the right middle aged men are drug-raping 13 year olds.

If you think that people are displaying "faux" outrage and being "holier-than-thou" at the fact that middle aged man has drug-raped a 13 year old then you need some serious psychological help.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
I was accused of needing serious psychological help. Why aren't you asking the person who made the silly statement what they are on about? My response to that was to point out anyone making such a silly claim needs to look in the mirror, is that alright with you? There's a clue in the context of the response. Their assertion about me was based on the fact that I think most of the outrage expressed comes from people who don't think much and ENJOY being angry at this kind of story. Which I stand by.

It was me who said it. I said it in response to the fact that you have stated that people who are expressing outrage at the fact that a middle aged man who shagged a 13 year old and got away from it are somehow being dishonest about their said outrage.

The vast majority of people are of the opinion that middle aged men most definately should not be having sex with 13 year olds, believe me on this. Anyone who thinks that people who engage in this sort of activity are normal, and that anything other than a very small minority of society condone this sort of activity, really do need a serious realignment of their appreciation of reality.

It's a small, yet highly vocal minority or mal-adjusted, rich, celebrity weirdos who are supporting this creep. If it were Roman Polanski's dustman who was drugging and fvcking 13 year olds then none of these people would be mounting a campaign in support of him....and rightly so. If it were your 13 year old daughter getting shagged by some 43 year old bloke who was hired to photograph her would you be fronting to campaign to get him off?

HOLA4417

As a 'bleeding heart liberal' can I just say

Burn the pervert?

Thank you.

My heart bleeds a lot more for the trauma of a raped child than it does for France's 'cultural loss' or the well being of a paedophilic rapist who fled justice 30 years ago.

HOLA4418
Are you suggesting that what Mr. Polanski did was somehow trivial, or that the passage of time renders it trivial?

Nature says a female is ready to have a baby once she is ovulating.

The law says otherwise, because it was written by privileged elites who think in

economic terms.

Mind you, if he did get her drunk & rape her, then he's a ****.

HOLA4419

If he was arrested and he was working as a supermarket, he;s be deported, end of.

Just because he's some hot shot director, it does make him imune to the law, he should be deported and face justice.

PS, I be he's paid off the victim as well, thats why she's appearing on the red carpet saying, let him off!!

HOLA4420
Do you know what that even means? Moreover, how does it relate to the discussion at hand?

There's a place neer Leeds called Glasshouses.

I always wondered what the kids there do for entertainment.

eight

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

btw, the original charges, which after charge bargaining, included intoxicating the girl with drink and drugs, rape, sodomy and other offences against the person. This was not a simple get drunk and he had sex with a 13 year old girl.

He took an innocent child, plied her with drink and drugs and then committed the sort of acts that should have seen Mr Head meet Mr Battery in a sock and Mr Knackers meet Mr Pair of house bricks.

The detail appears to have been forgotten (or the press for some 'unknown' reason seems to want to drop the sordid detail of what he was charged with).

The charge bargaining will have been done so that Polanski pleaded guilty and so there was no need to put the girl through a trial at the time. As for her not wanting to press charges now - OK, so I bumrape your 13 year old after giving them GHB, if I give you £5K is it OK ? If I give you a million, is it OK then ?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

LOL @ the cat!!!

As the mother of a 13 year old, if a slimy middle aged man laid a finger on her I'd chop his f*cking knackers off. She's still a child and it sickens me to think that some men think it's acceptable to sexualise children of that age.

People like Polanski and Bill Wyman (remember Mandy Jones?) are weirdo sexual predators and a strong message should be sent out to say that middle aged men, hell young men too, f*cking 13 year old children are dangerous and deviant.

*goes off to find baying mob to join*

HOLA4425

He drugged, fed alcohol, raped and sodomised a 13 year old girl :o

Everyone was rightly up in arms with Gary Glitter and at the time he was only caught with indecent pictures of kids. Gary Glitter will never have another record played on radio. He is rightly cast out from civilised society and no right person will ever be in his gang again.

Guilty, fled justice and governments are supporting a convicted child rapist

What a mad, sad world we live in.......

No excuses....

Archived