House Price Crash Forum

Darling: Labour Should Be Full Of Pride For What It Has Done

Realistbear

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8277838.stm

Page last updated at 12:20 GMT, Monday, 28 September 2009 13:20 UK

Labour should be proud - Darling

Alistair Darling has said Labour should be "proud" of the way it has handled the economic crisis and urged it to take its "good story" to the country.

Words fail one. :blink:

HOLA442
HOLA443
Headline said it all

"Labour Should Be Full Of Pride For What It Has Done"

Yeah managed to take a stellar country and turn it into the ar£ehole of europe, bankrupt and morally corrupt.

Yippee, 12 more years thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now F"ck off.

+1.

The only positive legacy Liebour will leave is the TV pictures with Brown resigning the Party Leadership the day after their defeat.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest UK Debt Slave

Alistair Darling has said Labour should be "proud" of the way it has handled the economic crisis and urged it to take its "good story" to the country.

Me too! Laughable

I actually hope Broon does have a major nervous breakdown because I want to see Nufascist trying to cover it up and failing badly

HOLA446
Guest sillybear2

Such denial and arrogance always plays well with a disillusioned electorate, I guess this is the NuLabour equivalent of handing out medals and honours in the final hours of Hitler's bunker.

As for Brown's sympathy bid, how are these scurrilous rumours about his health any different from the muck Draper and McBride tried to spread about the mental and sexual health of the Tories, including a sick plan smearing Cameron due the death of his son. Everything McBride did was at the behest of Brown, the only difference in this case is the fact they're most probably true. Live by the sword....

HOLA447
Me too! Laughable

I actually hope Broon does have a major nervous breakdown because I want to see Nufascist trying to cover it up and failing badly

Did he look like he was going to cry on Marr's show? I detected a wobble. The sweat made him look tearful.

HOLA448

Personally I think history will judge Darling favourably. Who would have wanted his job? He was set up as the fall guy for the cowardly Brown and yet he's still standing. The job must have taken immense personal courage over the last year or so, especially when he was being hounded from every side. His flaw is his loyalty which neither the spineless Brown or the Labour Party deserve.

HOLA449
Personally I think history will judge Darling favourably. Who would have wanted his job? He was set up as the fall guy for the cowardly Brown and yet he's still standing. The job must have taken immense personal courage over the last year or so, especially when he was being hounded from every side. His flaw is his loyalty which neither the spineless Brown or the Labour Party deserve.

Not far off the mark. However, I think he should have resigned rather than to have served under a fundamentally flawed leader who, for years, has been turning a blind eye to imprudence. Perhaps Ali suffered a little from pride--to take the number 2 job regardless of where it was leading the nation.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

....from the Party who inherited the strongest economy in Western Europe in 1997....after all.... the other countries had to face this recession also......and where are we now...?...... <_<

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Did he look like he was going to cry on Marr's show? I detected a wobble. The sweat made him look tearful.

He certainly didn't look like he was expecting the question. I assume for all these things a list is given prior with yays and nays ?

He looked visibly shocked that he was asked this question. Hand came right up to cover his face. Instantly. I don't think he was acting.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I watched 5 mins of this conference over lunch - I almost lost my appetite and had to turn over.

So much self congratulating tripe in the middle of a crisis partly fuelled by their appalling policy smacks of stupidity. Do they really think that they have saved the day and everything is hunky-dory again?

I'll leave aside the many terrible things they have done, but the above was particularly sickening... <_<

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Darling announced that bank bonuses were going to be limited in some way, but without any clues as to how this will be achieved. He knows what he wants to achieve, but the legislation will be a nightmare. Can't wait to see what he comes up with in the Queen's speech for this...

HOLA4418
TV pictures with Brown resigning the Party Leadership the day after their defeat.

That sentence has really whet my appetite. Not long to go now before we see the images for real. The only problem is he won't be leaving with his head held in shame but probably defiant as most delusional people tend to.

HOLA4419
Darling announced that bank bonuses were going to be limited in some way, but without any clues as to how this will be achieved. He knows what he wants to achieve, but the legislation will be a nightmare. Can't wait to see what he comes up with in the Queen's speech for this...

Don't fall for it! He is just paying lip service and saying what you want to hear. If he meant what he said, he would have proposed detailed plans last year when we were in the middle of the storm. He will just rejig the rules so that banker bonuses are delayed 12 months at most. It will be easy to find ways around it and it won't be a big deal anyway.

HOLA4420
Headline said it all

"Labour Should Be Full Of Pride For What It Has Done"

Yeah managed to take a stellar country and turn it into the ar£ehole of europe, bankrupt and morally corrupt.

Yippee, 12 more years thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now F"ck off.

i dunno

how about the John Law award for economic destruction

HOLA4421
That sentence has really whet my appetite. Not long to go now before we see the images for real. The only problem is he won't be leaving with his head held in shame but probably defiant as most delusional people tend to.

You're most likely right but I would still have a sneaky outside bet he might leave to spend the rest of his days stark raving bonkers.............

HOLA4422

It's comments like this that really do add insult to injury

I don't know where start with regard to the devastating financial and social policies that these treasonable ba stards instigated.

The legacy of this Labour government has damaged democracy and capitalism forever.

You must be very proud Mr Darling

HOLA4423

No. There's a bigger problem. He will find another means of cr@pping on the country. Just like Kinnock did and just like Blair is probably about to. i.e. a highly influential position in Europe. They never seem to get their come-uppance. The Establishment looks after its own.

HOLA4424

He doesn't mean a word of it. He is as duplicitous as the rest. Do you really think anything will change? The banks will not allow anyone to stop their gravy train.

HOLA4425

Today Labour are continuing to peddle the lie that this was all a global crisis with causes far beyond these shores, wasn't us guv, and that their recovery plans (keep pouring billions of taxpayers'/borrowed money into the banks and public sector) are the only ones that will work. Unfortunately there are a large number of idiots in our country who believe this stuff, but fortunately there's a majority who know the score. We can only hope that this coming general election defeat for Labour will be so catastrophic that they will never, ever recover. Labour has run its course - rather like the steam engine, it was invented a couple of centuries ago and was very useful at the time. Gradually it has become less relevant, is now completely obsolete and ready to be replaced by the new parties springing up with policies that actually address voters' real issues. If the pain we are going through as a country results in the death of Labour, it will have been a price worth paying.