House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Storm

People Would Vote Labour In Again If Only Gordon Would Quit?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/politic...-finds-1.922639

Labour could still hang on to power after the General Election if it ditched Gordon Brown for one of his rivals, according to a poll published today.

Any one of eight potential successors as party leader would significantly improve the party’s fortunes, according to the ComRes survey for The Independent.

If Foreign Secretary David Miliband or Justice Secretary Jack Straw took over, Labour would even be returned as the largest party in a hung Parliament, the poll found.

With Mr Brown as leader, by contrast, the Tories are on course for a 48-seat majority, based on current voting intentions.

The poll showed Labour support down to 23% - neck-and-neck for the first time with third party the Liberal Democrats - and the Conservatives on 38%.

But he would be left short of a majority if either Lord Mandelson, Harriet Harman, Alan Johnson, Ed Balls or Ed Miliband took over as leader.

And with Mr Straw or David Miliband, Labour would be the biggest party. With Mr Straw as leader, voting intentions were 31% Labour, 28% Tory and 21% Lib Dem.

With David Miliband, they were 31% Labour, 28% Tory and 21% Lib Dem.

Its crazy, with our country all but destroyed, people would still vote for more of the same with just a different figure head???????

Of course people are that stupid. They are about to vote for Cameron - how much more proof do you need?

But thats sensible. A vote for anyone but Cameron is a vote that could allow a final devastating term of Labour? Whats your alternative?

Guest Barebear

So what price would labour pay to have Blair return to fight the next election ?

He could return just for that then step down for whoever.

Labour could still hang on to power after the General Election if it ditched Gordon Brown for one of his rivals, according to a poll published today.

Any one of eight potential successors as party leader would significantly improve the party’s fortunes, according to the ComRes survey for The Independent.

If Foreign Secretary David Miliband or Justice Secretary Jack Straw took over, Labour would even be returned as the largest party in a hung Parliament, the poll found.

With Mr Brown as leader, by contrast, the Tories are on course for a 48-seat majority, based on current voting intentions.

The poll showed Labour support down to 23% - neck-and-neck for the first time with third party the Liberal Democrats - and the Conservatives on 38%.

But he would be left short of a majority if either Lord Mandelson, Harriet Harman, Alan Johnson, Ed Balls or Ed Miliband took over as leader.

And with Mr Straw or David Miliband, Labour would be the biggest party. With Mr Straw as leader, voting intentions were 31% Labour, 28% Tory and 21% Lib Dem.

With David Miliband, they were 31% Labour, 28% Tory and 21% Lib Dem.

Its crazy, with our country all but destroyed, people would still vote for more of the same with just a different figure head???????

If Brown doesn't leave voluntarily, then perhaps he will make history in being the very first prime minister to lose their seat?

That would be worth waiting up all night to see :)

Poll of whom? Scottish labour supporters?

A "change" effect. Unlikely to last much more than a week. More precisely, lasts up to the point the meeja start turning a critical eye on the new mascot.

Straw? Blair's #2 Liar, with the blood of Blair's wars and of the UK police state on his hands.

Miliband? Now that's really scary - we'd be screaming for a return of Brown!

Yeah, right. So Cameron gets to be yet another PM without an opposition.

Because everyone really loves the Prince of Darkness and Ms Harfwit, right? Remember how much support Brown had when it was GetRidOfTheLiar time?

Sticking with Labour myself. Brown's got us through this economical crisis. He has the balls to get us through anything.

I think the words you were looking for were

"Browns got us INTO this economical crisis"

Stockholm Syndrome.

They will vote for Labour because they are trying to save the housing market for those already in it - which is most of the populace.

The single biggest issue for me is that no one, not Cameron, certainly not Brown and no Lib Dem has has the intellect, conviction or courage needed to save this country from a catastrophic decline.

The single biggest issue for me is that no one, not Cameron, certainly not Brown and no Lib Dem has has the intellect, conviction or courage needed to save this country from a catastrophic decline.

Im not voting for Cameron. Im voting for the Tory party and their history of financial prudence and small non interfering government.

Which smiling figure head gets in doesnt really bother me.

Im not voting for Cameron. Im voting for the Tory party and their history of financial prudence and small non interfering government.

Which smiling figure head gets in doesnt really bother me.

Exactly my view. I'm not even that concerned about the economics because human beings will always get that one wrong. What I cannot abide is the creeping nanny state, bureaucracy and interference at absolutely every level of my life by a growing army of imbeciles. When you have a government in power intent on employing the dumbest and least productive in society to monitor and interfere with the smartest and most productive you know something has gone very wrong. Labour dumbs everyone down to their level. This has to stop and the tories are the only choice at this time.

What I cannot abide is the creeping nanny state, bureaucracy and interference at absolutely every level of my life by a growing army of imbeciles. When you have a government in power intent on employing the dumbest and least productive in society to monitor and interfere with the smartest and most productive you know something has gone very wrong.

Nailed.

Its not about courage and conviction, the UK has had a fair few politicians than have both over the years. The fact is none of them had or have the ability to influence the global financial markets that the UK operates in.

The Tories have a long history of financial mismanagement but a reputation that pretends otherwise. Likewise the media have a major bias towards the "small government" anti-EU flag waving twaddle which now sees Brown as a major scapegoat for the greed and dishonesty of the British people that lied to borrow money they couldn't afford to pay back so as to spunk it up the wall on an SUV.

I don't really care much who wins. In the very unlikely event that Cameron is telling the truth about anything whatsoever they will abolish ID cards and the national database (I doubt the latter though). This would be a good thing.

That point aside you are right - the UK is entering a period of decline in terms of world influence and standard of living for the public. I don't think it will be "catastrophic" as such, but more like a re-run of the 70s.

As it stands at the minute the Tories are clear favourites, but as they are as inept and hopeless as any other group of politicians, they still have plenty of time to screw up and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Cameron (to his credit) is pro NHS but others would dismantle it and we have the spectre of the Lisbon treaty waiting to split the Tories in two (maybe the other tossers as well of course :D) Maybe the in-fighting that haunted Labour for many years until Kinnock will now haunt the other lot?

Anyway its a bit of light entertainment while we wait to see if China will manage to buy up all the world's assets before it lets the Yuan float and destroy what is left of the Western world's grip on power. The ozzies are the ones trying to stop it at the minute - I don't rate their chances.

I'm listening to the Darlingbot at the Liebour party conference. It created longitudinal waves that were converted into the following:

'We owe it to school leavers to make sure we don't repeat past mistakes'.

Oh. That's lovely. For the school leavers with a huge debt hanging around their necks. All thanks to our evil leader.

'We would not have survived the global recession were it not for Gordon Brown's leadership'.

?!!!??!??!

'Only Labour can make a difference'.

Yes, a significant difference. For the worst.

'We won't allow greed and wrecklessness to ruin our economy ever again'.

12 years they've been in power, and they've got the audacity to spout out this vile ********.

I simply don't understand how someone can stand up and lie in front of hundreds of other liars in the gaze of the meeja.

They're talking like they are the opposition, routing for a first term. Have they forgotten that they are the government???

They are guilty of treason, the lot of them.

'We owe it to school leavers to make sure we don't repeat past mistakes'.

Are these the same school leavers who have received a poor education due to mismanagement and uncontrolled immigration?

So what price would labour pay to have Blair return to fight the next election ?

It would be like Rocky Balboa!

Only, without the boxing.

or Stallone.

and again Com res comes up with a pile of kak poll, they are never right. Funny they always poll labour very high when another relaunch or labour needs it to.

Look at all the other polls at the weekend, every single one of them said, it doesnt matter who leads Labour, they are done. Comres again is the odd one out.

Guest UK Debt Slave
Sticking with Labour myself. Brown's got us through this economical crisis. He has the balls to get us through anything.

Brown got us into this mess in the first place.

And he hasn't got you out of this mess. The bill for 12 years of NuLabour is in the post. It'll be arriving the moment they are kicked out of office, the blame to be conveniently dumped on the Tories for NuLabour's economic catastrophe

Guest UK Debt Slave

True

But this is actually the root of the problem

The British people are institutionalised by the political system. Your response is typical in the sense that it presumes only politicians are qualified to get us out of this mess.

Actually, what we need is less governmnet and if the people were less browbeaten by government and left to fend for themselves, the country would recover moch more quickly.

and again Com res comes up with a pile of kak poll, they are never right. Funny they always poll labour very high when another relaunch or labour needs it to.

Look at all the other polls at the weekend, every single one of them said, it doesnt matter who leads Labour, they are done. Comres again is the odd one out.

TFH time...

Polls are all made up. They have to be. If the results of a true poll were released to the public and showed that the government have less than 10% support yet are still passing unpopular laws on the coutries citizens this would spark massive civil disobedience/war... better just appease the masses with polls which show a more even spread of support amongst the parties.

Edited by Breck