House Price Crash Forum

All Pet Dogs To Be Microchipped

Guest UK Debt Slave

HOLA441
Guest UK Debt Slave

Yep. Just heard this on Radio 4 this morning

NWO maniacs are desperate to get us used to this kind of thing so now they are passing a law requiring all owners of dogs to have them microchipped. The chips will contain the owners details and this information will be accessible to local councils, presumably so that fines can be levied automatically if your dog is spotted pooping in the bushes.

So the logical question must be, how long will it be before WE are required to have an RFID chip implanted?

This legislation is supported by both the labour and the conservative parties

The mind boggles

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest The Relaxation Suite

NWO maniacs are desperate to get us used to this kind of thing so now they are passing a law requiring all owners of dogs to have them microchipped. The chips will contain the owners details and this information will be accessible to local councils, presumably so that fines can be levied automatically if your dog is spotted pooping in the bushes.

So the logical question must be, how long will it be before WE are required to have an RFID chip implanted?

The mind boggles

It'll happen in the US first, UKDS, so let us know when you get done and we'll go underground. ;)

HOLA443

Excellent! Its about time the problem of dogs in the UK was taken care of. The government are really missing a trick with dogs. I think all dog owners should be taxed heavily on each dog they have. And that there should be different tax gradings depending on the size/breed of the dog.

Harsh?

I can not stand dogs. Britain is frankly over crowded, yet we have an enormous amount of dogs, taking a walk with my girlfriend down the beach yesterday, i reckon there were as many dogs as people, running around making horrible noises, shitting everywhere, barking at people, attacking other dogs. then you have the sound of the irritating dog owners themselves HERE BOY, HERE BOY, FETCH GEORGE, GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE, NO GEORGE DOWN BOY, DOWN, DOWN, THATS A GOOD BOY GEORGE, WHO'S A GOOD BOY, YESSS, YESSS, YESSS. As if there having somesort of public orgasm over there dog picking a stick up. It makes them sound like idiots.

Then theres the chav with his protection dog, usually a staff, used simply to protect him against other chavs, as a simble of power, the dog is usually miss treated, agressive and stolen. These people can often, (and i have first hand experience with this) not look after themselves. never mind the dog. the back yards and streets, any greens are covered in dog toffee's, people step in it, kids play in it, yet nobody really cares.

Also what is it with dog owners and responsibility. the words from any dog owner that has just ripped the arm off a 10 year old girl. "awww, honestly love, it wouldn't hurt a fly, she's soft" Really? funny how its bitten every kid on the street and the postman wont come within a mile of your front door. Take some responsibility! your dog is aggressive and its your fault! fine these people, tax them on the dog. lets see how well they behave with them when it costs say 2k a year to own a dog, and when if it gets seen biting or crapping on the beach its a further 500 quid on the spot fine.

chipping the dog seems pointless. the problem is with the stupid owners.

HOLA444
Guest UK Debt Slave
Excellent! Its about time the problem of dogs in the UK was taken care of. The government are really missing a trick with dogs. I think all dog owners should be taxed heavily on each dog they have. And that there should be different tax gradings depending on the size/breed of the dog.

Harsh?

I can not stand dogs. Britain is frankly over crowded, yet we have an enormous amount of dogs, taking a walk with my girlfriend down the beach yesterday, i reckon there were as many dogs as people, running around making horrible noises, shitting everywhere, barking at people, attacking other dogs. then you have the sound of the irritating dog owners themselves HERE BOY, HERE BOY, FETCH GEORGE, GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE, NO GEORGE DOWN BOY, DOWN, DOWN, THATS A GOOD BOY GEORGE, WHO'S A GOOD BOY, YESSS, YESSS, YESSS. As if there having somesort of public orgasm over there dog picking a stick up. It makes them sound like idiots.

Then theres the chav with his protection dog, usually a staff, used simply to protect him against other chavs, as a simble of power, the dog is usually miss treated, agressive and stolen. These people can often, (and i have first hand experience with this) not look after themselves. never mind the dog. the back yards and streets, any greens are covered in dog toffee's, people step in it, kids play in it, yet nobody really cares.

Also what is it with dog owners and responsibility. the words from any dog owner that has just ripped the arm off a 10 year old girl. "awww, honestly love, it wouldn't hurt a fly, she's soft" Really? funny how its bitten every kid on the street and the postman wont come within a mile of your front door. Take some responsibility! your dog is aggressive and its your fault! fine these people, tax them on the dog. lets see how well they behave with them when it costs say 2k a year to own a dog, and when if it gets seen biting or crapping on the beach its a further 500 quid on the spot fine.

chipping the dog seems pointless. the problem is with the stupid owners.

Typical liberalist view isn't it? Criminalise everyone who owns a dog.

If your 'dog rips someone's arm off', the dog should be destroyed and I agree, the owner bears responsibility.

What you fail to comprehend is the logical extension of this. When the governmnet insists your children have a chip implanted in their head, how are you going to feel then?

Thin end of the wedge isn't it? It always is. Legislation to microchip dogs was first tested in Wandsworth in 2008. (a Tory borough)

Now the scheme is being wheeled out nationwide.

So when you hear that RFID chips are to be tested on a small groyup of children somewhere, you'll know what's coming.

HOLA445

I love dogs, not always very appreciative of the owners but dogs who are well trianed, no problem.

I think microchipping should be compulsory to prevent fighting, and dumping of dogs, seriously who is going to walk around with a scanner to police dogs pooing where they shouldnt?

It will prevent dog theft too and help strays be reunited with their owners. Dogs get dumped and have to be impounded for a period of time. Many dogs go stir crazy in that time and end up being unable to be rehomed when it is apparent they do not have an owner. It would in many cases be kinder to put the dog to sleep immediately than prolong their agony when they are going to be destroyed anyway.

I would endorse the chips being in different places on the animal to prevent them getting the chips gouged out by thieves and those dumping dogs.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

RFID chipping of dogs and cats has been compulsory in Australia for many years. It's no big deal - they're generally used to identify animals that have become lost, and are superb in this capacity.

As for the other comments: I'd normally say I'm as paranoid as the next guy about government abuse of power, but I avoid statements like that on this particular forum. This isn't the thin end of an illuminati lizardmen wedge towards the ultimate aim of implanting us with the number of the beast; it's about being able to identify animals.

As for making it compulsory, if the good owners already do it, then by definition only bad owners will be forced to change their behaviour. And the problem with that is...?

sjiff

HOLA449
Guest AuntJess

The mind boggles

I think it is a GREAT idea if it cuts down on the rapidly rising animal cruelty levels. Should happen with other pets as well IMO. :D

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I think it is a GREAT idea if it cuts down on the rapidly rising animal cruelty levels. Should happen with other pets as well IMO. :D

Bes i credited you with a much better brain than that !

Can you not see where this is leading and dogs are just being used as tests for the real thing.

i was born without a chip and i will die without a chip and if that means fighting then so be it.

HOLA4413

I read (somewhere) that this microchipping of dogs is Stage1 of the Bilderberg's New World Order Master Plan for world domination!

Next comes cats, then squirrels, then fish (remember A Fish Called Wanda anyone?!), then hippos, then snakes, then orangutans, then chimps... then it's only a few short steps to HUMAN KIDS in Stage 472,567,873!!!

:o:ph34r:

Actually, chipping the Chav dogs would be a step in the right direction cos I'm ruddy fedup with them!!!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

The mind boggles

Your post is just irrational, tin foil hat nonsense. You could just as easily ask how long it will be before people are licensed because animals cars and guns are.

Personally, I can't see a problem with micro chipping dogs, in fact, I totally agree with the suggestion that they should be all chipped. Both of ours are done. In fact, I'm of the opinion that anyone who wants to own a dog should have a licence; and not just the old get at the post office on demand type, a proper one that's issued when you can prove you can look after the animal. There should be a proper system in place to revoke it and confiscate the dog if you mistreat it or let it attach people. Like there is with firearm licenses.

Chipping dogs would hugely reduce the amount of money and wasted time associated with dealing with strays. Also, why shouldn't owners be fined if their dogs craps in public?

HOLA4416

I take it you're a cat person then.

Pah!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Typical liberalist view isn't it? Criminalise everyone who owns a dog.

If your 'dog rips someone's arm off', the dog should be destroyed and I agree, the owner bears responsibility.

What you fail to comprehend is the logical extension of this. When the governmnet insists your children have a chip implanted in their head, how are you going to feel then?

Thin end of the wedge isn't it? It always is. Legislation to microchip dogs was first tested in Wandsworth in 2008. (a Tory borough)

Now the scheme is being wheeled out nationwide.

So when you hear that RFID chips are to be tested on a small groyup of children somewhere, you'll know what's coming.

Rubbish. It's like saying that logical extension of an animal licence (and many animals are subject to licensing) is a licence to have kids or something. You're just picking something that sounds scary when applied to humans and saying it's gong to happen.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

It's yet another database. Another act of compulsion. Another reason to be criminalised. More powder puff jobs. Another opportunity for councils to go after ordinary people - no doubt you will fined (summary of course) for forgetting to update your address.

Yet again behind all the rhetoric lies the principle that people can't be trusted, that they must be kept tabs on.

HOLA4421
It's yet another database. Another act of compulsion. Another reason to be criminalised. More powder puff jobs. Another opportunity for councils to go after ordinary people - no doubt you will fined (summary of course) for forgetting to update your address.

Yet again behind all the rhetoric lies the principle that people can't be trusted, that they must be kept tabs on.

Many people who own animals can't be trusted so it's correct in part.

The other point to make is that this isn't more regulation on your rights as an individual, it doesn't affect anything you have to do in your life. Having a dog is a choice, not a compulsion. If you don't want to dog chipped and registered then you can chose not to have a dog! No different to having a gun or a car; if you don't want to go through the licensing and registration regiemes then don't have either.

HOLA4422

We're already required by law to tax and insure our cars. There are multiple databases covering this and a whole army of public servants executing it.

Still apparently 2,000,000 motor vehicles aren't insured.

Who cares about microchipped stray dogs ffs.

HOLA4423

This is a stupid idea. It will not stop the problem of chav dog owners, it is simply an added cost for responsible dog owners and the taxpayer in paying for the scheme. Who is going to go round scanning random dogs in the street to check the have the right documentation? Another load of unenforcible legislation to make the government look like they are doing something useful.

HOLA4424

I'm was half prepared to believe that the Madeline McCann "abduction" was some kind of precursor to this.

Still might be.

eight

HOLA4425

Archived