House Price Crash Forum
markinspain

The Unemployment Rate For Young Americans Has Exploded To 52.2 Percent

meaning millions of Americans are staring at the likelihood that their lifetime earning potential will be diminished and, combined with the predicted slow economic recovery, their transition into productive members of society could be put on hold for an extended period of time.

i spent all my life bar a few years on the dole, and not because i wanted to. This country, like America, is evil. Only the chosen, ie, sycophantic puppets and tyranical overlords get jobs allowing them to be in the elite of 'free' people, whilst the remainder are forced into slavery for the above bolded reason.

i live in the south where houses cost £400k easily. Ever wonder how they get that? By working and not spending their lives on the dole. every year you spend on the dole or in unpaided minimal pay work is a year you loose in that direction until bingo, you'll never afford a home. And Bingo, the cast is set, and the game is played. a slave and a prisoner forever and ever.

52.2% unemployment in the young is a recipe for civil unrest leading to revolution.

You cannot piss off over half of a generation without there being consequences. Even if they don't rebel they will at some point become the majority of the vote and then you only need another Hitler to pop up for the fireworks to start again.

Guest P-Diddly
52.2% unemployment in the young is a recipe for civil unrest leading to revolution.

You cannot piss off over half of a generation without there being consequences. Even if they don't rebel they will at some point become the majority of the vote and then you only need another Hitler to pop up for the fireworks to start again.

I'm sure that's why they invented the Nintendo. ;)

What has surprised me is that normally such high unemployment rates lead to more support for the right wing. Yet we don't seem to be getting that from America.

Well, this rate will no doubt be strongly biased towards ethnic minorities.

Guest P-Diddly
You dont need to work very long in parts of America to buy a house out right. If only that were true here.

They do go for 20 bucks now. In the rust belt.

Anywhere there are jobs it's bad. Cousin bought his 2 bed place, small, LA suburb at the height of the boom for $650,000!

They do go for 20 bucks now. In the rust belt.

Anywhere there are jobs it's bad. Cousin bought his 2 bed place, small, LA suburb at the height of the boom for $650,000!

Yes but unlike here, the house prices are now super low. How about a nice villa in Florida for $50k?

Guest P-Diddly
Yes but unlike here, the house prices are now super low. How about a nice villa in Florida for $50k?

Yes it's cheap.

No idea really why the UK's haven't gone the same way yet (QE).

1) i spent all my life bar a few years on the dole, and not because i wanted to.

2) i live in the south where houses cost £400k easily. Ever wonder how they get that?

1) Poor you

2) No, I always wondered that

Yes it's cheap.

No idea really why the UK's haven't gone the same way yet (QE).

They got the wonder of QE too though. I think its more they can just walk from their debts. Although TBH i think the desert south west, Florida and Detroit seem to be the extreme. Housing in good areas within 50 miles or so of NYC or DC still look expensive.

Guest P-Diddly
They got the wonder of QE too though. I think its more they can just walk from their debts. Although TBH i think the desert south west, Florida and Detroit seem to be the extreme. Housing in good areas within 50 miles or so of NYC or DC still look expensive.

Yes, not sure about FL but many states the house is the security, regardless of 'value'. Lose house, lose mortgage.

You dont need to work very long in parts of America to buy a house out right. If only that were true here.

In the parts where you won't get work

In the parts where you won't get work

Corrrrrrrrrrect. In the cities with decent levels of employment the prices are holding up a bit better than Detroit or parts of Florida. Still cheaper than the UK in most cases, but it's a big place, and land is cheap.

"And if young Americans are not working and becoming productive members of society, they are less likely to make major purchases -- from cars to homes -- thus putting the US economy further behind the eight ball."

This is where globalization comes crashing down.

Edited by Quagmire

52.2% sounds just plain wrong to me. How are they arriving at that figure? What was the figure 5 years ago? The current rate of unemployment in the US is 9.7%, pretty high, but how does that translate to 52.2% of young Americans?

i spent all my life bar a few years on the dole

And Bingo, the cast is set, and the game is played. a slave and a prisoner forever and ever.

Just FYI, slaves had to work. Like the people who bought the £400,000 houses, not like you.

Guest The Relaxation Suite
Well, this rate will no doubt be strongly biased towards ethnic minorities.

Whites will be an ethnic minority in the US in one more generation's time. I'm looking forward to how that works out considering how the elite of that country will almost certainly continue to be predominantly white. A bit of a South Africa thing might start to develop - white minority overlords, etc.

52.2% sounds just plain wrong to me. How are they arriving at that figure? What was the figure 5 years ago? The current rate of unemployment in the US is 9.7%, pretty high, but how does that translate to 52.2% of young Americans?

Here's your answer

aged 16 to 24, excluding students

They are measuring the unemployment rate among young people (re: aged 16-24) who are not studying and therefore are likely to be less educated. Also it's likely to be a small proportion of overall population and the worst hit part of the population as this age group looking for work likely haven't/ aren't going to go to university and have little or no work experience.

But that doesn't mean the figures should be ignored, as if this trend continues then it seems 50% of young adults who do not get third tier education will not find employment and likely be stuck in a rut for more than a decade.

As for the ones with a degree, they'l be lucky to get the monkey jobs left over. What a wonderful world we live in, wake up people don't be a slave.