House Price Crash Forum

Money To Spend

sceptical with balls

HOLA441

Hi All

I have 6 BTL's that i bought about 6 years ago, luckily enough i stopped buying before they go too expensive. I work 7 days a week running my own business which is bucking the trend at present.

I have around £60k ready to spend, i am not sure what to do.

Any loans i have are at base +1.5% so there is no point paying any of them off, my home mortgage is Base + 1%

Opt 1. Split it into deposits on a few BTLs

Opt 2. Buy some rented commercial (what is the best % return i can get in todays market)

Opt 3. Buy a building site and build myself a nice house in the country with a self-build mortgage.

I think there is going to be some reasonibly high inflation to come due to our very weak pound

Can anyone advise

Greatly appreciated

HOLA442
HOLA443
Hi All

I have 6 BTL's that i bought about 6 years ago, luckily enough i stopped buying before they go too expensive. I work 7 days a week running my own business which is bucking the trend at present.

I have around £60k ready to spend, i am not sure what to do.

Any loans i have are at base +1.5% so there is no point paying any of them off, my home mortgage is Base + 1%

Opt 1. Split it into deposits on a few BTLs

Opt 2. Buy some rented commercial (what is the best % return i can get in todays market)

Opt 3. Buy a building site and build myself a nice house in the country with a self-build mortgage.

I think there is going to be some reasonibly high inflation to come due to our very weak pound

Can anyone advise

Greatly appreciated

you are working too hard !!!

life is toooo short!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0hKdGaUmN0

chill!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Dear sceptical balls,

You should look to buy an apartment. That would be an excellent investment.

Why did you go for a BR +1.5% mortgage 6 years ago, most deals were BR + 0.15% at the time.

Remember : buy now prices are on the way up!!

Hey MrCrabs

I bought them under a UB Business loan, it was the easiest at the time.

I am swayed to the building site way as i can get a lot of the work done quite cheap. Not sure what to do

HOLA449
I have 6 BTL's that i bought about 6 years ago, luckily enough i stopped buying before they go too expensive.

6 years ago property was too expensive, if you can sell for a profit get out now, keep one to live in and get a value adding job like farm labouring to pay the mortgage.

Don't you think it would be better paying off loans now while you have the chance before the bank calls in the loan once your business gets made insolvent by neg equity and the high interest rates you are predicting?

If you have funded your expansion by equity withdrawal you will be royally screwed by the reset as the economy takes the money back.

HOLA4410

Dear Mr Balls

You have some wonderful ideas and as we all know on here - you can't go wrong with bricks and mortar. I would imagine that your 6BTLs are now back at the price you bought them for - never mind in the long term prices can only go up. Now's the time to pile in before you miss the boat and buy your dream home. After all, the green shoots are there for all to see - even for one as sceptical as you.

You are the proud owner of seven properties, and want to buy more, in the biggest bust of the biggest property bubble in the Western world - how I envy. Never ever get despondent by the carping of those who would blame the crisis on unrepentant speculators like yourself - you deserve your luck, you worked hard for it.

Yours

Nemesis

(You might care to Google my name)