House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

md23040

Northern Ireland Coppers All Tooled Up Again.

This little conclave could become a real big item by the looks of the cops, all tooled up with Bullet Proof Vests, AK's, MP5’s, Browing, Carbines etc, having checkpoints everywhere in the North West of the province with snipper set-ups too.

There’s been no show of weapons for years. What will the local militia’s going to make of this. Will the coppers being packed led to them being more packed and could a bit of muscle be flexed in the OK corral.

Do the coppers want to create work for themselves, and a bit of trouble and scare mongering does no harm to protect force numbers.

Legal Bid Over Axe For PSNI Reservists – Belfast Telegraph Sept 25th

Or is this because of a couple of geriatric hoodlums with nothing better to do may led to an esclation

PSNI chief says dissident threat real

The future aint looking too bright. What’s the real intel, all conspiracy theories welcome.

It never went away ?

sadly no it didnt

some people on both sides of the fence are so bitter and ingrained in this evil

that it shall always rise to the surface occasionally

the Omagh bombing was carried out by a group that has never laid down its arms

and there are still many dillusional people in far away lands all to ready

to fund them

RIP the victims of evil

and Jambo did u like that Loovens last minute special ?

:lol::lol::lol:

sadly no it didnt

some people on both sides of the fence are so bitter and ingrained in this evil

that it shall always rise to the surface occasionally

the Omagh bombing was carried out by a group that has never laid down its arms

and there are still many dillusional people in far away lands all to ready

to fund them

RIP the victims of evil

and Jambo did u like that Loovens last minute special ?

:lol::lol::lol:

Indeed. Half of sunny Jockland seems to want to be involved too. Sad state of affairs. No need.

As for Loovens ? Do we never learn. Injury time against you ***** - just boot it away !!

Indeed. Half of sunny Jockland seems to want to be involved too. Sad state of affairs. No need.

As for Loovens ? Do we never learn. Injury time against you ***** - just boot it away !!

who you calling ***** ?

LOL!

truth is we are total shoite

luckily I have a season ticket for a Dutch team instead

see my sig I'm under that flag somewhere

sometimes regards Scotland tho I wonder if the "old firm " and to

a lesser extent Hibs and yourselfs is an escape valve for people

to let of the steam and have maybe helped avoiding it escalating to NI levels

Returning to the OP's Q

Surely the economic collapse is a main player in the thinking of the police

the boomtimes sorry the feelgood factor when the economy was good

gave people something else to think of

as in the UK when the SHTF its the immigrant that gets the blame

as they both see each other as the immigrant .....................

half of sunny jockland as you call it works on exactly the same religeous divides as NI.

why do you think the old firm derby usually gets more than a little heated?

...fine when this level of childishness is confined to the football pitch,but there is a far more serious game with the same battle going on inside the corridors of power.....and it f@cks up peoples lives.

I wish they would grow up.They don't care about the people,it's the power they want.

( I can speak from the viewpoint of having my mum born in NI to a protestant mum and catholic dad.......the abuse they got is why they came to england.)

half of sunny jockland as you call it works on exactly the same religeous divides as NI.

why do you think the old firm derby usually gets more than a little heated?

...fine when this level of childishness is confined to the football pitch,but there is a far more serious game with the same battle going on inside the corridors of power.....and it f@cks up peoples lives.

I wish they would grow up.They don't care about the people,it's the power they want.

( I can speak from the viewpoint of having my mum born in NI to a protestant mum and catholic dad.......the abuse they got is why they came to england.)

I know all about what goes on in Jockland. Not as bad as NI - but in some places not far off. A lot of it is just token banter/abuse. However there is real feeling below a lot of it. Pointless really. But then again people will always find something to fight about. Religion just seems to be the easiest route.

Guest X-QUORK

There's a hardcore of Republicans in South Armagh/Tyrone who'll always want to keep things militarised, it's in their DNA. These people aren't that interested in Irish unity, they're bandits, smugglers, and racketeers...they have been for centuries, possibly even longer - so the Good Friday Agreement isn't going to stop them in the long run.

Surely the economic collapse is a main player in the thinking of the police

the boomtimes sorry the feelgood factor when the economy was good

gave people something else to think of

It’s ironic that one day every five miles there was a copper hidden in the bushes zapping cars for speed tickets and the next copper checkpoints, brandishing real weaponry with some ignorant young one swinging a Carbine around as if he’s in some Halo power simulation.

There has been a clear change of agenda in the police force, away from friendly neighbourhood crime catchers to a machine ready for action.

A credit led recession is the root cause of all this. Recession breeds disaffection which spreads through all levels of society and most prevalent in the lowest runs first. Look at the earlier racism issue in Central Belfast (these problems are not unique to NI).

It seems now with the closure of stations and reduced policing numbers, that the security bureaucrats are equally disaffected. Northern Ireland will suffer proportionately most with future UK cut backs and the middle classes are up to their nuts in debt.

In reality the Catholic militia has probably less than 100 members (probably only about 30 who are any way useful) yet there have been 750 bomb alerts in the last two years.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0924/dissident.html

A hell of a lot for a small group, or are some of these planted by security. Is it not natural that guns being touted about by cops could lead to changes in attitudes amongst moderate republican sympathisers, and if views harden in Republican circles and begin seeking hardware, then an equal and proportional response will occur within Protestant militia. A circle of self perpetuating distrust (with timing that couldn't be worse)

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/L...arm_By_February

The cops are protecting their corner but is it a coincidence Hugh Orde goes and gets replaced by Matt Baggot. In my opinion coppers are playing a dangerous game and it’s intentional (very noticed in Republican media). However like in all previous situations the front line good members of the cops are in most danger and playing the piper to someone else’s tune, MI5.

Economic disaffection will be widespread and cause anti-social problems throughout whole of the UK.

classic 'us and them' human nature. its ill educated, backwards and ugly. its all over the world. sadly.

True but this one could be part orchestrated by sources within government, the protectors of liberty, supposedly.

There's a hardcore of Republicans in South Armagh/Tyrone who'll always want to keep things militarised, it's in their DNA. These people aren't that interested in Irish unity, they're bandits, smugglers, and racketeers...they have been for centuries, possibly even longer - so the Good Friday Agreement isn't going to stop them in the long run.

Most of these scum bags live South of the border and are engaged in all sorts of illicit activity, which the police force there seem to have a keener interest cracking down on.

Edit - hyperlink fix

Bigoted tosh. These people aren't that interested in Irish unity? They're just a bunch of lawless hoodlums. Huh! Have you actually ever been to Tyrone or Armagh?

Try reading Toby Harnden's book on S Armagh, or The Chosen Fews: Exploding Myths in South Armagh, by Darach MacDonald.

Guest X-QUORK
Bigoted tosh. These people aren't that interested in Irish unity? They're just a bunch of lawless hoodlums. Huh! Have you actually ever been to Tyrone or Armagh?

Try reading Toby Harden's book on S Armagh, or The Chosen Fews: Exploding Myths in South Armagh, by Darach MacDonald.

Looks like you've misinterpreted what I said. My point is that in these parts of Ireland there has long been a tradition of rebellion, going back an awful long way. I was not implying that they are in some way amatuer or merely petty criminals, having served in Northern Ireland twice during my time in the army I'm only too aware that the PIRA South Armagh Brigade were the best at what they did, not to mention bloody ruthless.

I've read Toby Harnden's book three times now...an excellent and full history of the modern Troubles in South Armagh.

"They're just a bunch of lawless hoodlums. Huh! Have you actually ever been to Tyrone or Armagh?"

'You spoke before about the Provisional IRA being involved in crime and money being diverted from that to Sinn Féin. Do you still stand over that?

"I most certainly do. I was speaking about that not on the basis of some hunch, but from a clear perspective. The IRA, which is controlled by a group of people who style themselves the Army Council, is an organised criminal racket posing as an army.

"Many of them are perpetuating the existence of the IRA as a front behind which to carry out their own criminal behaviour. It's not simply confined to smuggling in south Armagh or smuggling oil across the border.

"They've made efforts to infiltrate ordinary criminality in Dublin, shar ing the proceeds of crime, theft, a lot of it centred on Dublin Port; theft of entire consignments of goods, done on the basis of sharing the proceeds between the personal participants and the republican movement.They are involved in robberies, smuggling of counterfeit goods, cigarettes, oil. This is known to members of the IRA Army Council." '

2004/01/18

'As always, the Minister for Justice, Michael McDowell, is incisive, interesting and inflammatory.'

http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2004/0...ry755681353.asp

And

"They shoot children don't they.

The Provisional IRA has targeted children."

Professor Liam Kennedy, School of Modern History, Queen’s University, Belfast.

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/issues/violence/docs/kennedy01.htm

And whether I have ever been to Tyrone or Armagh is not relevant.