House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Doesn't Something Happen This Week Re Ftse Share Contracts?

Doesn't something happen this week - the 29th I think - re shares that have been bought on the FTSE by various fund managers. Don't they have to pay up for shares they have bought on the tick or something like that which usually means a sell-off as they look for the radies to fulfil their payment obligations.

I recall someone posting about this a few weeks ago.

Doesn't something happen this week - the 29th I think - re shares that have been bought on the FTSE by various fund managers. Don't they have to pay up for shares they have bought on the tick or something like that which usually means a sell-off as they look for the radies to fulfil their payment obligations.

If that's the case I expect the hedgies have made some big bets on those share movements and stand to profit.

This kind of "event" (if true) is the dark side of the market: pickings for speculators who do nothing for the productive economy, as against investors who support it.

If that's the case I expect the hedgies have made some big bets on those share movements and stand to profit.

This kind of "event" (if true) is the dark side of the market: pickings for speculators who do nothing for the productive economy, as against investors who support it.

Triple witching maybe? Don't have a clue what it means, just like the expression.

Hi TMT,

triple witching hour definition - finance

The simultaneous expiration of stock, index, and futures options. The event often creates market volatility, both on the day it occurs and on the days preceding it. A triple witching hour occurs on the third Friday of March, June, September, and December. See also double witching hour.

From this definition, looks like it was 18 September 2009...

M21er

This is not directly related, but this "unprecedented meeting of economists" is this Tuesday 29th.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbys...or-experts.html

Bank calls unprecedented meeting of economists

The Bank of England has summoned the City's leading economists to an unprecedented meeting in Threadneedle Street, as the pound plunges amid growing confusion over its radical Quantitative Easing (QE) policy.