House Price Crash Forum

Yep, Like The Other Thread, The Baroness Is Dead In The Water

hedgefunded

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Unless the MOS prints an image of the expired visa stamp in said passport....

How would she circumvent that? Yes I saw the passport but did not notice the stamp?

This story broke last week the MOS are running with it now for maximum impact ahead of the Labour Conference.

The print edition tomorrow will tell. Bonzer Brown on on Andrew Marr tomorrow at 9.00am hopefully he will have some difficult questions to answer.

HOLA444

How would she circumvent that? Yes I saw the passport but did not notice the stamp?

This story broke last week the MOS are running with it now for maximum impact ahead of the Labour Conference.

The print edition tomorrow will tell. Bonzer Brown on on Andrew Marr tomorrow at 9.00am hopefully he will have some difficult questions to answer.

Not a cat in hells chance of that.

HOLA445
HOLA446
"I saw A passport, but this doesn't look like the one I saw - which was all perfectly above board"?

Never underestimate the mendacity of politicians (and lawyers!)

Which would firmly endorse the notion that the Governments immigration rules are sh!te and easily circumvented anyway

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

With Andrew Marr? You jest, surely.

He'll be on for a cuddle.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
"I saw A passport, but this doesn't look like the one I saw - which was all perfectly above board"?

Never underestimate the mendacity of politicians (and lawyers!)

Hey, I'm getting good at this game of spotting what evasions politicians will use to get out of a hole:

"Baroness Scotland says there was a second passport"

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...=126439&hl=

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guido has just posted that the Tongan persons passport expired well before she was employed by Scotland. More questions to answer.

The lack of competence over the employment of an illegal immigrant by a grossly over promoted senior minister responsible for laws against employing illegals is bad enough. But the story in today's Times about how the Govt got around her dodgy expenses claims just stinks to high heaven to me:

"....Scotland had received £170,000 from an allowance intended for ministers in the House of Lords who live outside London. ..despite the fact that the baroness has owned a family home in the capital for 15 years and tells the Lords it is her main address.

.. Scotland should have received the allowance only if her main home was outside the capital.

However, less than 24 hours after the article was published, Baroness Royall, the leader of the Lords, sanctioned a statement by the Cabinet Office which overturned all its previous advice. It said the allowance was available to all lords who serve as ministers, regardless of where they live. "

Link

Ignore the law, or rig the rules - such is the calibre of our political elite.

HOLA4421

Oh yes: Of course, this after the event rule change that magically puts Scotland in the clear (and leaves her with £170k of taxpayers dosh) makes it possible for others to make retrospective claims. I wonder who'll have the nerve to stick in a claim for their £170k?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
"She was educated at Mid Essex Technical College in Chelmsford where she pursued an external London University (LLB) law degree in 1976"

So this is the standard required to reach high office. No wonder we are in a mess.

She was promoted within Government way above her ability level to service a positive discrimination agenda!!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425