House Price Crash Forum
TruraBuoy

About To Swop Sides.

He is good as always, if Mandelson could be put into a position abroad holding trade talks over meat factory process plants or something

boring but not full of ideas, that could work.

On the specific point of whether he would consider requests from a Conservative government, he said: “Of course, it wouldn’t be serving the government,

it would be serving the country and I wouldn’t be doing it by becoming a member of that government.â€

Sorry if this was obvious to everyone else, but Mandelson's one weakness is being outside the party, as shown throughout his career.

Edited by Three Pint Princess 2

Guest Daddy Bear
Well said. Mandelson's statement is proof, if any was ever needed, that NuLabour was only ever a continuation of Thatcherism by other means.

I have never liked Mandelson - slimy little toad.

Not my sort at all.

Edited by Daddy Bear

Guest Daddy Bear
did 3 posts just go missing, calling him a rug muncher?

Now now we will have none of that or we'll send you to the economics section - (along with all of daddy bears hyperinflation posts.)

Swap sides ? Good plan. Rocky II is just starting on Virgin +1. Cracking.

Fantastic film

I love Rocky films. They make me just want to head to Tesco and start punching bacon.

If true, thoroughly evil opportunist.

Maybe the conversation with the Brownstuff went...

Mandy: Look, love, if you won't go, I am.

Brownstuff: I'm the World Statesman of the Year, and I had a photo with Obhama Beach...

Guest sillybear2
did 3 posts just go missing, calling him a rug muncher?

You mean he already swapped sides?

He only has one side - his own.

I beg to differ, he has his back side which could be any bodies! :lol::lol::lol:

This is surely a run up to an imminent election, we have Darling warning Tories will get victory on plate (Observer) and Mandelson saying he'll work for the Tories if need be (S Times). http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle6850863.ece

a scare tactic to mobile die-hard labourites no doubt.

but law of unintended consequences, tha mandy threat could motivate the tory vote to vote lib dem !

Edited by loginandtonic

Gordon has said "NO" to major cuts, they cutting the ground from under him................i stick my neck out............They force him out by Xmas.

Mike

Has mandelson said which tories he will be happy to work under??(slight double entendre intended)

michael portillo maybe?

....Can't they just get the message and F@CK OFF!!!

Edited by oracle

Gordon has said "NO" to major cuts, they cutting the ground from under him................i stick my neck out............They force him out by Xmas.

Mike

But saying NO to Major cuts does not mean saying no to Massive cuts , giantic cuts, staggering cuts or apocalyptic cuts does it?, you know how slippery these politicos are.