House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

waynezilla

Is Society Really Decaying ?

Bizarre occurance on the way home from work.

On a busy, packed train going from Manchester to Liverpool when a group of 5-6 Muslim girls about 15 years old ( unless the head scarfs and other clothes were purely fashion) get on the train and barge past everyone `effing and blinding. A little further down the line they end up starting a fight with another woman and two blokes had to split them up.

(The only reason I mention their "religion" is that I've normally found Muslim girls either demure and polite or at worst aloof. It made their feral behaviour more surprising to me.)

I've seen blokes kicking off on the train before, but this was just bizarre. I just despair sometimes...

To top it off I found out my cash card has been cloned and a couple of hundred quid withdrawn from an ATM somewhere in Russia..

Just what is the ratio decent people to scumbags in the world nowadays ? Today I've felt in a minority.....

Guest X-QUORK

When shit like this happens on the same day I can see why you'd think society's gone to hell in a hand cart. It hasn't...you've just had a shit day.

things are definitely getting worse, particularly female behavious, i speak as a former law enforcement worker, and you can also ask any club or pub bouncer + they will tell you the women are now worse than the men

yes they are real sluts these days......apparently a head job is not considered a big deal anymore....

i was never good looking enough to know anything about that, i'm referring to outright violent tendencies among females, far greater than ever seen before, these past 10 years or so, just ask any doorman and if he/she has been in that job for a few years they'll back me up on this

Yes I was referring to violent young chickie babes as well, I will never ever forget my first animalistic head job...never

Ha, that reminds me of a few years back. I was in a kebab house in Blackburn (cos i'm classy, innit) and some lass said "Ee, aren't you ****'s brother?" I said "Aye, i'm the better looking one". And then, for seemingly no reason, she punched me square on the chin. Took a few of the staff to kick her out.

Just proves how safe and boring modern urban life is now, which I find strangely reassuring.

Even ickle kiddiwinkles feel invincible, and able to kick up shit in public with fully grown adult males in the vicinity, without fear of ending up choking on bone splinters.

If you want to have quiet, cowed, orderly streets ... well ... when I were a lad (zzzz ...)

if you saw a grown man who wasn't a brush salesman or a binman above ground in daylight, you'd cross the street. Never look into their eyes, neither.

Either it was a polis, a rent man, or a blind drunk miner, who'd break your thighbones just for looking at him.

Mind you, they couldn't run worth a fu ck. On their knees spitting up crap after ten yards. Easy!

Just what is the ratio decent people to scumbags in the world nowadays ? Today I've felt in a minority.....

I don't think "society" is any worse, than the 90s, 80s, 70s, and then I have to give up, because I cant remember past that!

Every few years there is a "moral panic". I dunno? "knife crime!", "paedophiles", "Mods&Rockers", choose your own!

They are as old as history..

The press pick up on it and then the legislators, usually resulting in a inept piece of legislation.

Google for "moral panic". I found it educating. :(

And 15-year old girls are no "little princesses". :huh:

I don't think "society" is any worse, than the 90s, 80s, 70s, and then I have to give up, because I cant remember past that!

I think you are right. No one can really judge them, because you always see it from a different age point. I am pretty sure my father viewed the 70s pretty much how I view the current. The one thing that I think has really changed, is the culture of "I want it, and I want it now".

I think you are right. No one can really judge them, because you always see it from a different age point. I am pretty sure my father viewed the 70s pretty much how I view the current. The one thing that I think has really changed, is the culture of "I want it, and I want it now".

There is good and bad in that. The underlying issue is the end of deference. Its good in that nobody need defer to stuffed-shirt authority figure just because of their accent or the fancy dress of their profession. No need to doff your cap. Consumerism is part of that because its now the case that one person's money is as good as another person's, if you can afford it, you are in the club. Back in the day people would come into money and not spend it on nice stuff because 'it wasn't for people like us'. Its bad because other people don't defer to others when they are doing things they shouldn't and everything winds up being only about your money. The well worn paradox of individualism really, I don't think anyone has a solution either.

Guest P-Diddly

On a busy, packed train going from Manchester to Liverpool when a group of 5-6 Muslim girls about 15 years old ( unless the head scarfs and other clothes were purely fashion) get on the train and barge past everyone `effing and blinding. A little further down the line they end up starting a fight with another woman and two blokes had to split them up.

(The only reason I mention their "religion" is that I've normally found Muslim girls either demure and polite or at worst aloof. It made their feral behaviour more surprising to me.)

I've seen blokes kicking off on the train before, but this was just bizarre. I just despair sometimes...

To top it off I found out my cash card has been cloned and a couple of hundred quid withdrawn from an ATM somewhere in Russia..

This sort of attitude won't help . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...;referrer=yahoo

Now I got the link from Yahoo's front page, I'm not a Daily Mail fan.

Get out while you still can. You're in that city (LA?) in that Kurt Russell film but you just don't realise it.

Here in the Netherlands the situation is totally different.

Whereas in the UK, youth crime is not exclusive to any race, here in NL the vast majority of youth crime is done by Moroccans. They walk round thinking they're hard as ******, riding their scooters like idiots and gay bashing.

By contrast, the native white population is mostly well behaved. A kid the other day accidentally kicked a football in the path of my bike and said "sorry, sir" (in Dutch).

Yes you get youths hanging around (hangjongeren) but they are not spread out all over the city (like in the UK) but isolated cases.

Guest anorthosite

Finally, they're integrating!

The ratio has always been 90% twats 5% alright 5% mate worthy. Anymore than this you're fooling yourself. Stick to this lad and block out the 90%.

They're are numerous ways to keep the ration down. For instance

Don't use public transport

Use the drive thru at Mcdickheads of BurgerCun ts

Get your shopping delivered by the robbing bastards

Don't ever go shopping on a Saturday or Sunday and never go to markets.

Buy most things on the internet.

Have a few beers at home with mates before you go out. It lessens the pain of dealing with twats when you've had a few.

There's more but these will get you back on track.

Growing up in the early 1950s, I can state with authority that British society has not only decayed, it has plunged into depths of anarchy and total disregard for law and order as few other states in Europe.

Perhaps one excellent way to support that assertion is in terms of Murder.

The incidence of murder doubled since 1955 to 1980: and has now increased much further.

Now murder is an excellent denominator of social stability since unlike so many other offences relating to behaviour, either a person is murdered or they are not.

1950 7.9

1955 6.3

1960 6.2

1965 6.8

1970 8.1

1975 10.3

1980 12.5

1985 12.5

1990 13.1

1995 14.5

1997 14.1

Expressed as Murders per Million Population.

Source: Government: http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/resea...99/rp99-111.pdf

Growing up in the early 1950s, I can state with authority that British society has not only decayed, it has plunged into depths of anarchy and total disregard for law and order as few other states in Europe.

Perhaps one excellent way to support that assertion is in terms of Murder.

The incidence of murder doubled since 1955 to 1980: and has now increased much further.

Now murder is an excellent denominator of social stability since unlike so many other offences relating to behaviour, either a person is murdered or they are not.

1950 7.9

1955 6.3

1960 6.2

1965 6.8

1970 8.1

1975 10.3

1980 12.5

1985 12.5

1990 13.1

1995 14.5

1997 14.1

Expressed as Murders per Million Population.

Source: Government: http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/resea...99/rp99-111.pdf

i've finally got round to reading wasting police time by david copperfield, really good, and funny too. but i didnt need that to tell me how things have flushed down the pan

Guest P-Diddly
I was going to post something similar as I've been having similar sort of thoughts.

But then I look at the acts of kindness from strangers or indeed the courteousy which gets shown to you by people then I think, where I live, it isn't quite as you say, yet.

So, on balance, there is society or at least it does still exist in parts around the country.

As for a faceless city like London, I'd probably go with your statement.

Thatcher's take on society.

I think we have gone through a period when too many children and people have been given to understand"I have a problem, it is the Government's job to cope with it!" or"I have a problem, I will go and get a grant to cope with it!" "I am homeless, the Government must house me!" and so they are casting their problems on society and who is society? There is no such thing! There are individual men and women and[fo 1] there are families and no government can do anything except through people and people look to themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then also to help look after our neighbour and life is a reciprocal business and people have got the entitlements too much in mind without the obligations, because there is no such thing as an entitlement unless someone has first met an obligation and it is, I think, one of the tragedies in which many of the benefits we give, which were meant to reassure people that if they were sick or ill there was a safety net and there was help, that many of the benefits which were meant to help people who were unfortunate—" It is all right. We joined together and we have these insurance schemes to look after it" . That was the objective, but somehow there are some people who have been manipulating the system and so some of those help and benefits that were meant to say to people:"All right, if you cannot get a job, you shall have a basic standard of living!" but when people come and say:"But what is the point of working? I can get as much on the dole!" You say:"Look" It is not from the dole. It is your neighbour who is supplying it and if you can earn your own living then really you have a duty to do it and you will feel very much better!"

There is also something else I should say to them:"If that does not give you a basic standard, you know, there are ways in which we top up the standard. You can get your housing benefit."

But it went too far. If children have a problem, it is society that is at fault. There is no such thing as society.[fo 2] There is living tapestry of men and women and people and the beauty of that tapestry and the quality of our lives will depend upon how much each of us is prepared to take responsibility for ourselves and each of us prepared to turn round and help by our own efforts those who are unfortunate. And the worst things we have in life, in my view, are where children who are a great privilege and a trust—they are the fundamental great trust, but they do not ask to come into the world, we bring them into the world, they are a miracle, there is nothing like the miracle of life—we have these little innocents and the worst crime in life is when those children, who would naturally have the right to look to their parents for help, for comfort, not only just for the food and shelter but for the time, for the understanding, turn round and not only is that help not forthcoming, but they get either neglect or worse than that, cruelty.

How do you set about teaching a child religion at school, God is like a father, and she thinks"like someone who has been cruel to them?" It is those children you cannot … you just have to try to say they can only learn from school or we as their neighbour have to try in some way to compensate. This is why my foremost charity has always been the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, because over a century ago when it was started, it was hoped that the need for it would dwindle to nothing and over a hundred years later the need for it is greater, because we now realise that the great problems in life are not those of housing and food and standard of living. When we have[fo 3] got all of those, when we have got reasonable housing when you compare us with other countries, when you have got a reasonable standard of living and you have got no-one who is hungry or need be hungry, when you have got an education system that teaches everyone—not as good as we would wish—you are left with what? You are left with the problems of human nature, and a child who has not had what we and many of your readers would regard as their birthright—a good home—it is those that we have to get out and help, and you know, it is not only a question of money as everyone will tell you; not your background in society. It is a question of human nature and for those children it is difficult to say:"You are responsible for your behaviour!" because they just have not had a chance and so I think that is one of the biggest problems and I think it is the greatest sin.

Guest P-Diddly
The middle class is being systematically destroyed. We're all being assimilated into the chav race.

Resistance is futile!

You will be chaverminated!

The middle class is being systematically destroyed. We're all being assimilated into the chav race.

Agree completely!

The Middle Class (In the middle sector) were always the Social Conscience of the country.

They tended to be better educated, stable family-centric, God fearing and were the JPs, Bank managers (Of the old type) and formed the majority of the professional class.

Progressively, through the mid-1960s onwards, their earning power was decimated by the growth of consumerism and mass-marketing: which in its turn allowed politicians to escalate working class disposable income. since this "Expanded" the economy, in the rapidly accelerating Post-Keynsian era, allowed greater tax revenues and thus more power and funding base for politicians to abuse.

Indeed, in the late 60s, an eminent prof at a leading university advised a group of freshmen to not bother with their degree, but instead to become bricklayers, welder and tower crane drivers as they would make more money!

With their loss of income the Middle Middle Class lost social credibility and economic influence and sway.

I watched it occur.

Now we see the result.

Great achievement, Britain!

Guest P-Diddly

Agree completely!

The Middle Class (In the middle sector) were always the Social Conscience of the country.

They tended to be better educated, stable family-centric, God fearing and were the JPs, Bank managers (Of the old type) and formed the majority of the professional class.

Progressively, through the mid-1960s onwards, their earning power was decimated by the growth of consumerism and mass-marketing: which in its turn allowed politicians to escalate working class disposable income. since this "Expanded" the economy, in the rapidly accelerating Post-Keynsian era, allowed greater tax revenues and thus more power and funding base for politicians to abuse.

Indeed, in the late 60s, an eminent prof at a leading university advised a group of freshmen to not bother with their degree, but instead to become bricklayers, welder and tower crane drivers as they would make more money!

With their loss of income the Middle Middle Class lost social credibility and economic influence and sway.

I watched it occur.

Now we see the result.

Great achievement, Britain!

. . . and their spending power?

. . . and their spending power?

Whose?