House Price Crash Forum

I Have Just Been To A Pub Where Children Are Welcome

loginandtonic

HOLA441

would you swear non stop in front of kids nearby? i mean like 4 and 5 year olds, not 11 year old or 14 year olds who could teach us all new words.

bunch of apparently business people mid 30s/early 40s did + non stop as they punctuated every sentence. one of them in particular. no word was off limits as he moaned about everything and anything loud + clear. not drunk, just full of himself.

well built fairly tall bloke in sports gear with his mates, he could probably take me down pretty easily just with his his size and weight alone, but one of those people i'd really like to get hold of by the neck + shake until their teeth rattle before writing those words across his face with an hb pencil

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
would you swear non stop in front of kids nearby? i mean like 4 and 5 year olds, not 11 year old or 14 year olds who could teach us all new words.

bunch of apparently business people mid 30s/early 40s did + non stop as they punctuated every sentence. one of them in particular. no word was off limits as he moaned about everything and anything loud + clear. not drunk, just full of himself.

well built fairly tall bloke in sports gear with his mates, he could probably take me down pretty easily just with his his size and weight alone, but one of those people i'd really like to get hold of by the neck + shake until their teeth rattle before writing those words across his face with an hb pencil

I have to say that after 7pm it's fair game really. I say that as a parent and someone who wishes we were a bit more accepting of kids in pubs.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Only chavs take kids to pubs

If the best you can think of is to take your kid to a pub then you need to hand it in to social services get yourself steralised and f*ck off

dad - hey kid fancy the pub

kid - No you mong Im a f*ckin kid, can we go swimming or the wacky warehouse ball pool?

dad - Yay lets go drinking and pretend everyone isnt looking down on me for taking my kid to the pub

kid - dad you are such a councill estate retarded kunt, im only 5 and even I can see everyone pretending its ok to take me to the pub, but they all laugh at you, and are embarrassed for you.

HOLA447
Only chavs take kids to pubs

If the best you can think of is to take your kid to a pub then you need to hand it in to social services get yourself steralised and f*ck off

dad - hey kid fancy the pub

kid - No you mong Im a f*ckin kid, can we go swimming or the wacky warehouse ball pool?

dad - Yay lets go drinking and pretend everyone isnt looking down on me for taking my kid to the pub

kid - dad you are such a councill estate retarded kunt, im only 5 and even I can see everyone pretending its ok to take me to the pub, but they all laugh at you, and are embarrassed for you.

Go to France and learn about family culture.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Go to France and learn about family culture.

But France and Britain are completely different culture wise. I was never taken to a pub as a kid. Not saying it's right or wrong, but the effing and blinding is pub culture in Britain.

HOLA4410
I was sacked as a barmaid from an Irish pub for asking a customer to mind their words over Sunday lunch in front of a young child, I still think I was in the right but nobody including the parents agreed with me.

you were right, 100%, but sadly morality + profit seldom meet these days. you would be the sort of person i would employ if i were an employer + you were changing careers, sadly with my sales on eBay down dramatically these past few weeks i think i'll not be hiring in a while yet.

That's why they're priced out the housing market :D

yes, true!

HOLA4411
But France and Britain are completely different culture wise. I was never taken to a pub as a kid. Not saying it's right or wrong, but the effing and blinding is pub culture in Britain.

i've been going to pubs for 20 years - from richmond to ilford, from crystal palace to watford - i've never heard swearing like i heard tonight, and in front of young kids too. not even an argument, just lowlife estuary cityboy types

edit, come to think of it...there arent many towns in the south/se i've not drank in ! plus of course the w end/city etc

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
I have to say that after 7pm it's fair game really. I say that as a parent and someone who wishes we were a bit more accepting of kids in pubs.

+1 to you and Freeholder.

I love my kids to bits, but I have to have somewhere I know I can escape to occasionally.

HOLA4414
i've been going to pubs for 20 years - from richmond to ilford, from crystal palace to watford - i've never heard swearing like i heard tonight, and in front of young kids too. not even an argument, just lowlife estuary cityboy types

edit, come to think of it...there arent many towns in the south/se i've not drank in ! plus of course the w end/city etc

I suppose there are pubs and there are pubs. I wouldn't dream of taking my son near most pubs, but a nice quiet country pub with a beer garden should be ok.

HOLA4415
Only Chavs make general sweeping statements.

What like you just did?

f*cking mong

ok only retarded parents who think taking theair kids to a pub even though the kid thinks what the f*ck am I doing here? and everyone else is looking at them slightly embarrassed, poor poor kid, your mam and dad have no clue about your feelings and wants

HOLA4416
ok only retarded parents who think taking theair kids to a pub even though the kid thinks what the f*ck am I doing here? and everyone else is looking at them slightly embarrassed, poor poor kid, your mam and dad have no clue about your feelings and wants

I spent many happy hours with a flat coke, a packet of crisps and a rusty slide to play on as a kid. Didn't do me any harm.

HOLA4417
I spent many happy hours with a flat coke, a packet of crisps and a rusty slide to play on as a kid. Didn't do me any harm.

It's all a bit different these days though, my family seems to hold every birthday party for the cousins in a wacky warehouse type pub with half pissed parents not supervising their kids and not giving a ****** until you start to disclipline their brat (after the 3rd/4th attack) then the alcoholic fuelled mouthful the predictable follows leads to a punch up or tears, usually the parents.

Children and pubs don't mix if we're all honest because the British do not drink like the Europeans.

HOLA4418
What like you just did?

f*cking mong

I didn't realise the occasional Sunday carvery accompanied by a lemonade was such a big deal :blink:

HOLA4419
I suppose there are pubs and there are pubs. I wouldn't dream of taking my son near most pubs, but a nice quiet country pub with a beer garden should be ok.

this was a pub along those lines, not a rough boozer, the rough boozer is the one 2 minutes down the road, i've never heard such language in there come to think of it

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
I didn't realise the occasional Sunday carvery accompanied by a lemonade was such a big deal :blink:

What?

I dont know waht the parcentage is but everyone I have seen in a pub witnessing kids has sort of been embarrassed for the parents, if thats the best you can do for the poor little f*ckers then ffs grow up

next time you take them have look at other people chatting about how retarded you are

they wont say it to your face but just watch them

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
What?

I dont know waht the parcentage is but everyone I have seen in a pub witnessing kids has sort of been embarrassed for the parents, if thats the best you can do for the poor little f*ckers then ffs grow up

next time you take them have look at other people chatting about how retarded you are

they wont say it to your face but just watch them

Jesus Christ. So any parents who takes their family out for a Sunday lunch and a couple of drinks are anti-social chavs are they?

HOLA4425
It's all a bit different these days though, my family seems to hold every birthday party for the cousins in a wacky warehouse type pub with half pissed parents not supervising their kids and not giving a ****** until you start to disclipline their brat (after the 3rd/4th attack) then the alcoholic fuelled mouthful the predictable follows leads to a punch up or tears, usually the parents.

Children and pubs don't mix if we're all honest because the British do not drink like the Europeans.

This is so true.

I work for a major pub chain and one of our divisions has a range of indoor kids play equipment.

Everyweek we get complaint / solicitors letter from some chavvy parent who let their kid play unsupervised in the pub and then got injured.

Response from me- show me the 'defect' that caused the injury, explain how we didn't take reasonable care, oh - by the way did you see the parental supervision signs?

In other words stick ya claim up ya ass ya parasites :lol:

Archived