House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobbins

Goodfellas La Bottega

Mrs Bobbins and I have been eating the Pepperoni variety (always 2 for £4 at Tesco) with a bottle of rosso vino and a rocket salad (virtually) every Friday of last five years (yes that's how exciting life gets with young kids), and have found no pizza that tastes a good (even takeaways). We always sprinkle chili flakes to get some heat going (not much heat otherwise, fnarrr, fnarrr).

You've guessed what's on the menu tonight. Although I did kick off on the red at 5.30 pm.

Anyway, I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but can't find a better frozen pizza. So I declare La Bottega Pepperoni the king of frozen pizzas. Anyone disagree?

Mrs Bobbins and I have been eating the Pepperoni variety (always 2 for £4 at Tesco) with a bottle of rosso vino and a rocket salad (virtually) every Friday of last five years (yes that's how exciting life gets with young kids), and have found no pizza that tastes a good (even takeaways). We always sprinkle chili flakes to get some heat going (not much heat otherwise, fnarrr, fnarrr).

You've guessed what's on the menu tonight. Although I did kick off on the red at 5.30 pm.

Anyway, I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but can't find a better frozen pizza. So I declare La Bottega Pepperoni the king of frozen pizzas. Anyone disagree?

Dunno about frozen pizzas but Lidl do a fantastic mozzarella. They can be found in the "fridge area". About £1.50 last time I looked. 10 mins in the oven. Absolutely spiffing. Throw a few Jelly Penos and slices of salami and you have oven cooked pizza heaven.

Edit: They can be frozen, so I think it's a valid suggestion.

There's a 5 minute Gordon Ramsey Recipe for pizza dough. Then put your topping on and hey presto. It's once of the best pizza dough recipes around. My pizzas taste better than anything I ever tasted in Italy...

There's a 5 minute Gordon Ramsey Recipe for pizza dough. Then put your topping on and hey presto. It's once of the best pizza dough recipes around. My pizzas taste better than anything I ever tasted in Italy...

Does it make you swear all the time for no valid reason?

Yeah, I grabbed a slice of pizza off the kids plate yesterday and remarked how good it was and it was the La Bottega Pepperoni.

Don't agree its as good as fresh generally but better than Pizzahut takeout.

Make your own!

Dough is easy: I buy organic Italian Grade OO flour from Waitrose: mix with Asda Orgnaic Breadflour. Fresh baker's yeast which is pennies.

Make a starter with honey: (All decent Italian, Spanish, Greek, French and Spanish bread uses a start or Biga in Italian).

Mix the dough: leave until doubled. Roll out or if you are clever, mould out: or if you are really clever make like a Napolitan pizzeria pilot and spin it around on your digit!

Now choice of two: either pan fry one side in a heavy pan with a little olive oil and then top and under a very hot grill: or top and whack in a stonking hot oven.

My usual toppings:

Garlic (lots!), sun dried toms, thinly sliced onion, halved, pitted black olives, anchovies (last of all), Mozarella slices, grated Parmesan, thin sliced tomatoe, oregano, pepper salami, tomatoe purée mixed with tomatoe juice or water and a new treasure from Lidl's, roast red pepper slices in oil. (They are absolutely gorgeous and cheap as chips!).

Enjoy!

Make your own!

I know, I should. But by the time you've got in from work, sorted the kids tea out and put them to bed, grabbing a pizza out of the freezer seems right. Since it's recommeded in an earlier post I'll step out my comfort zone and try a Lidl's fanstastic Mozarella.

Don't you love Friday nights? Kids in bed, got a Rioja on the go and the pizza only 5 mins away. Missus will be in bed in an hour or so, so I've got the whole night to myself. Happy days!

Guest X-QUORK

After 10 years, repeat...10 years, of having pizza on a Friday night...we're having Moussaka this evening. I have a feeling this might be the case for another decade.

Waitrose do good pizzas, otherwise it would have to be a Pizza Express job.

I know, I should. But by the time you've got in from work, sorted the kids tea out and put them to bed, grabbing a pizza out of the freezer seems right. Since it's recommeded in an earlier post I'll step out my comfort zone and try a Lidl's fanstastic Mozarella.

Don't you love Friday nights? Kids in bed, got a Rioja on the go and the pizza only 5 mins away. Missus will be in bed in an hour or so, so I've got the whole night to myself. Happy days!

Hope ypu've got a good film collection then 'cos council TV is poor tonight. Not as bad as tomorrow night though, but that is worthy of a different thread. I'll probably pop into Lidl at some point this weekend, so I'll find out what they are called. They also do a Pepperoni.

I used to like the normal Goodfellas mozzarella. The Chicago town ones are good too., never had a base like it

Had a great four cheese pizza somewhere in Brussels in August for about 8 Euros, one of the best I've ever had.

Someone should shoot me for this but the missus persuaded me to pick up some of the Dr. Oetker (I mean, German pizzas?) range as they were on special (pound a pop). The pepperoni pizzas were remarkably tasty and for only ten minutes in the oven. Ding dang do.

After 10 years, repeat...10 years, of having pizza on a Friday night...we're having Moussaka this evening. I have a feeling this might be the case for another decade.

Waitrose do good pizzas, otherwise it would have to be a Pizza Express job.

Fookin' hell Quorky, I hate to break it to you but that's OCD behaviour. Are you, perchance, an excellent driver...

Buy a basic cheese and tomato, add your own favorite toppings and drizzle over some chili oil.

Any excess topping can be used for sandwiches or a salad the following day. ;)

Tip One:

Make the dough and whack it in the 'fridge, wrapped in clingfilm. Lasts days.

Tip Two:

Make the dough: make the pizza round: whack it into the freezer.

Remove from freezer, bang favourite topping on: in oven; done.

Eat.

Swig Rioja and contemplate the World in a pleasant miasma of alcohol-induced amnesia.

Nice!

:blink:

Tip One:

Make the dough and whack it in the 'fridge, wrapped in clingfilm. Lasts days.

Tip Two:

Make the dough: make the pizza round: whack it into the freezer.

Remove from freezer, bang favourite topping on: in oven; done.

Eat.

Swig Rioja and contemplate the World in a pleasant miasma of alcohol-induced amnesia.

Nice!

:blink:

Worthy of tonight's happy thread. :rolleyes:

Guest X-QUORK
Someone should shoot me for this but the missus persuaded me to pick up some of the Dr. Oetker (I mean, German pizzas?) range as they were on special (pound a pop). The pepperoni pizzas were remarkably tasty and for only ten minutes in the oven. Ding dang do.

They are good. They shouldn't be, but they are.

Guest X-QUORK
Fookin' hell Quorky, I hate to break it to you but that's OCD behaviour. Are you, perchance, an excellent driver...

I know, I know...FWIW this is the only aspect of our lives that has been so regulated.

I'm an awesome driver.

9.40 pm and the bottle of Rioja is no longer :(

However, I've now persuaded myself to knock the top off a cheeky Shiraz :rolleyes:

Excellent choice of wine. Am currently enjoying a nice Chilean merlot.

9.40 pm and the bottle of Rioja is no longer :(

However, I've now persuaded myself to knock the top off a cheeky Shiraz :rolleyes:

Making do with the Cabernet Merlot myself. Ain't Wine brilliant?

8570124_tml.jpg