House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
US Citizen

Need A Mortgage - Borrowers Turn To Fraud

I have been trying to get a really good mortgage deal as I wish to move up the property ladder. Unfortunatly my credit rating is rather poor due to not really indulging in credit like most people, I have very little credit history. Combine that with some a surge in searches its not been easy. It looks like I am staying put for now.

Thats aside. In my research for the best rates I have come into contact with the "Underground of mortgage lending". What I mean by this is there is a large network of mortgage lenders and bent brokers who will lend you money regardless of your credit.

I spoke with a broker last week who said to me. "You will not get a mortgage with the ID and proofs. He said for £1000 he could provide me with the a driving licence, back page of a passport, wage slips, utility bills bank statements and of course a spotless and credit worthy file.

He would then get my me a mortgage at a high street bank at a great rate. 100% acceptance.

I didnt take him up on the offer, but you have no idea, what the underworld is up to. The government makes out this under control, yeah right.

Linky

I have been trying to get a really good mortgage deal as I wish to move up the property ladder. Unfortunatly my credit rating is rather poor due to not really indulging in credit like most people, I have very little credit history. Combine that with some a surge in searches its not been easy. It looks like I am staying put for now.

Thats aside. In my research for the best rates I have come into contact with the "Underground of mortgage lending". What I mean by this is there is a large network of mortgage lenders and bent brokers who will lend you money regardless of your credit.

I spoke with a broker last week who said to me. "You will not get a mortgage with the ID and proofs. He said for £1000 he could provide me with the a driving licence, back page of a passport, wage slips, utility bills bank statements and of course a spotless and credit worthy file.

He would then get my me a mortgage at a high street bank at a great rate. 100% acceptance.

I didnt take him up on the offer, but you have no idea, what the underworld is up to. The government makes out this under control, yeah right.

Linky

did this broker mention anything about a deposit ?

Linky

These people should go to jail.

Linky

I'd be amazed if anyone was being very successful with the type of fraud you suggest..... changing a credit file is not for instance an easy thing to do . Fraud will always exist but the type of fraud you suggest is very very rare I would think.

You might find they just wanted your £1,000 and that was the fraud.

I spoke with a broker last week who said to me.

You've told us he's a fraudster: why do you suppose he'd supply what he promised?

Might your £1000 have bought you a promise of a passage to the UK and a good job, that turns out to be a rickety boat that sinks in the med?

Yes he claimed he could get me 95% mortgage. But even he said 100% mortgages dont exist anymore.

did he mention anything about what IR's he can get for this 95% LTV mortgage product ?

i have been asked to cover for eric, it wont be quite the same, but anyway.

IT IS ALL ABOUT HOW EASY IT IS TO GET

A LIAR LOAN!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited by loginandtonic

I'd be amazed if anyone was being very successful with the type of fraud you suggest..... changing a credit file is not for instance an easy thing to do . Fraud will always exist but the type of fraud you suggest is very very rare I would think.

You might find they just wanted your £1,000 and that was the fraud.

I think you are wrong about that:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle2283035.ece

I think we may have a problem as (proportionally) high as the Americans

Our banks were also focused on packaging loans to sell on rather than keeping them on their books :(