House Price Crash Forum
eric pebble

A Painful Rebuild Ahead For Property

A painful rebuild ahead for property

An EXCELLENT article by Anthony Hilton.

"....in the 1970s, the period from our history that most resembles the conditions we are now in. The story of that decade was one of painful, remorseless deleverage after a frenzied credit boom. Not only did the deleveraging bring down lenders, property companies, property investment funds and most things in between, it also took years to unwind.

It was well into the 1980s before the market returned to anything like normal, and even that only happened after massive support from investing institutions such as the Prudential and Norwich Union, which worked for years to try to stabilise the market. This was a rescue chronicled in an excellent book by John Plender, which should be required reading for those who don't understand what deleveraging means for industries that live on debt.

The short answer, for those who don't want to read the book, is long and continuous pain."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-bus...for-property.do

The article is referring more to commercial property than to residential, but both were affected by the deleveraging following the boom in the late 60s and early 70s (which culminated in the Barber Boom). Anyone remember Centre Point?

A really good book covering that period of post-war development and how it all went wrong is City of Towers by Christopher Booker. It was also made into a TV programme.

The seediness of public life in that period was similar to what we have seen in Britain recently. It was just covered up a lot better in the pre-internet age.

Eric,

It's raining mate.

Somebody will be along soon to take you inside :D

blue sky and sun here, 50 miles North of Maidstone. and you call us depressed!

Eric,

It's raining mate.

:unsure: Sibbers: Aren't you tired of repeatedly being told you're a moron?

Edited by eric pebble

Sibley is that kind of fascinating moron with a very thick skin.

Tough, working class with an affectation for caring about little and understanding less.

He's the classic bar room boor who still has to show his school mates from 30 years ago that he hasn't learned a thing 'cos he's too busy getting laid and having a good time! Fwooar!

An overgrown child really.

Yet, yet he yearns for something more and associates that gap in satisfaction with foreign travel and more of the above. He lacks the imagination to conceive that things could be different for him and his country partly because his lifetime reading consists of two Len Deightons and an Andy McNab. The Sun will tell him to be angry about increased taxes but the calloused cognitive dissonance scar in his brain will refuse to relate this to the bailout and the bust and his ilk's dreams being co-opted for leveraged commercial profit. When he realises his Thai-retirement dream is long gone he will blame the "doom-mongers" rather than the "doom-monger-mongers"; everything is proximate for him, like an infant.

He finds a website filled with people he doesn't understand and naturally bristles with animal confusion. He returns though, time and time again as perhaps Neanderthal man did to Homo sapiens; crouching in the undergrowth, observing their more complex culture and language. Yearning for something more while snorting back a violent rage.

Eric,

It's raining mate.

Nice blue sky's, this morning in the London Borough of Havering. We are also blessed with falling house prices.

Tough, working class with an affectation for caring about little and understanding less.

He's the classic bar room boor who still has to show his school mates from 30 years ago that he hasn't learned a thing 'cos he's too busy getting laid and having a good time! Fwooar!

Yet, yet he yearns for something more and associates that gap in satisfaction with foreign travel and more of the above. He lacks the imagination to conceive that things could be different for him and his country partly because his lifetime reading consists of two Len Deightons and an Andy McNab. The Sun will tell him to be angry about increased taxes but the calloused cognitive dissonance scar in his brain will refuse to relate this to the bailout and the bust and his ilk's dreams being co-opted for leveraged commercial profit. When he realises his Thai-retirement dream is long gone he will blame the "doom-mongers" rather than the "doom-monger-mongers"; everything is proximate for him, like an infant.

He finds a website filled with people he doesn't understand and naturally bristles with animal confusion. He returns though, time and time again as perhaps Neanderthal man did to Homo sapiens; crouching in the undergrowth, observing their more complex culture and language. Yearning for something more while snorting back a violent rage.

I'm getting sucked into Sibley's world as you portray it. There might be a "John Braine" type novel in it, or even a film. "Room at the Top" for the noughties.

reading consists of two Len Deightons and an Andy McNab

Brilliant!

Edited by SavingForAShed

:unsure: Sibbers: Aren't you tired of repeatedly being told you're a moron?

Didn't he once say he will be a different moron this time? :unsure:

Well, he's certainly met his match in you.

He returns though, time and time again as perhaps Neanderthal man did to Homo sapiens; crouching in the undergrowth, observing their more complex culture and language.

Do they have any undergrowth in Maidstone?

He returns though, time and time again as perhaps Neanderthal man did to Homo sapiens; crouching in the undergrowth, observing their more complex culture and language. Yearning for something more while snorting back a violent rage.

That is pure poetry! :lol:

He'll need his dictionary to understand that one .. if he has one

This site is full of your type.

You think you have high IQ's but common sense. Nil.

You're a sort of semi upper class twit.

You spend your dull grey lives looking at graphs, facts and figures convincing yourselves you're one step ahead of the masses.

Well my old mate. You're not. If you had anything about you there is no way you would be on this site. I don't see many Simon Cowells or Bill Gates posting.

It's all failed people praying for the economy to trip up so maybe they can grab a slice of the pie.

I want you to think about this.

If Robbie Williams swopped lives with you he'd kill himself.

If he had my life I think he could suffer it. :lol:

I bet nobody likes you in real life.

Bwahahahahahahahahaahahah!!! OMG Sibley, don't tell me you can really picture Robbie Williams as a 6-inch ginger troll?!

You're too funny!!

:lol: ♫ ♫..Let Me Entertain You.. ♫ ♫ :lol:

Edited by darwin

This site is full of your type.

You think you have high IQ's but common sense. Nil.

You're a sort of semi upper class twit.

You spend your dull grey lives looking at graphs, facts and figures convincing yourselves you're one step ahead of the masses.

Well my old mate. You're not. If you had anything about you there is no way you would be on this site. I don't see many Simon Cowells or Bill Gates posting.

It's all failed people praying for the economy to trip up so maybe they can grab a slice of the pie.

I want you to think about this.

If Robbie Williams swopped lives with you he'd kill himself.

If he had my life I think he could suffer it. :lol:

I bet nobody likes you in real life.

Your response to drrayjo's post about you says it all Sibley. Compare his post to yours :lol::lol::lol:

The very fact you return time and again like some dull witted moth to a light bulb shows that deep down there is a part of you that is bricking it about what is and what will happen to the economy. Have you over exposed yourself to the pyramid scam sibbers?

Evidently the fact you continue to return also highlights you as no Simon Cowell or Bill Gates (pure Sun man flag up of the notion of what and who is a 'success'. Surprised Sugar wan't chucked in there!)

Do the tails of the Wilson's act like a bit of car crash rubber necking for you? You must know deep down what is on its way for you hence your preoccupation with the site.

Actually you're wrong.

I did get worried a year or so ago by what was talking place on this site. I even started thinking you might succeed on your mission of turning public sentiment and the media into a HPC.

Once GB stepped in and move the goal posts though you were snookered. Was never going to be allowed to happed.

After your ' Ladies and Gentleman. It's here' crap when you thought all houses were dropping 50% or more I decided if it didn't happen I'd be the one to stick around and put it up you. :lol:

As for me.

The Thailand dreams still on. Investment house on target to give me 100k next year thank you very much. Well paying job in Bangkok and another house in UK with no mortgage.

Got sexy lady in Thailand waiting for big business man to arrive next week. :D

I'm so happy. :D:D:D

Yeah, she gonna love you long time, Sibley?

Hope you've got enough money. Troll hookups probably cost extra.

Actually you're wrong.

I did get worried a year or so ago by what was talking place on this site. I even started thinking you might succeed on your mission of turning public sentiment and the media into a HPC.

Once GB stepped in and move the goal posts though you were snookered. Was never going to be allowed to happed.

After your ' Ladies and Gentleman. It's here' crap when you thought all houses were dropping 50% or more I decided if it didn't happen I'd be the one to stick around and put it up you. :lol:

As for me.

The Thailand dreams still on. Investment house on target to give me 100k next year thank you very much. Well paying job in Bangkok and another house in UK with no mortgage.

oh what a dream life..... :lol::lol:

once a falang always a falang..or forang

Edited by geoffk

could it be that English girls wont go near you?

Thia girls seem to have a game play that involves dating ugly English people. Is it chemistry? What is it?

Every time Sybley posts on this forum i kill a kitten.

I feel I have to respond. :lol:

Lets deal in reality for a moment.

If you're unfortunate to find yourself a single male at the age of 35 or over your choices of women in UK are limited.

Most of the nice ladies are married. Even if they copped a bast*** first time round they found a good un 2nd go.

Younger women don't fancy you. Reality because you're a bit fat and past your sell buy.

Older women is a dodgy one.

When you're 30 ish it's fine. Older women of say 40's fancy some young bloke hung like a donkey to knock the nuts out of them. They don't want a bloke their own age. So if you're 35 and over things look grim for you.

Of course there are always the nutters and ugly birds with a hatful of kids. You can settle down with one of those and spend the rest of your life having a nightmare.

Oh course there are some attractive girls around the 40's age but they learnt money number 1. You know the score. Fat ugly bloke with Ferrari and supermodel on his arm. See it all the time. Same as Thai girls want so unless you have a nice house, car and a few quid forget it. Oh and by being on here I'd say you're probably not in that catagory. :lol:

Then there is Thailand.

££££'s are worth more than Thai baht so you can leap frog the normal working blokes to get to the sexy looking girls.

It's the way of the world.

Sometimes I wish I was like Shallow Hal.

I know a big fat English bird will probably like me for who I am and not do my head in but I'd rather have a sexy bird who's a bastar* . :lol:

I'm so glad I'm not you. The saddest thing of all is that if I tried to explain why, you wouldn't understand, you really are so wretchedly stupid. Please keep posting on here, it makes me feel glad that I'm me.

I feel I have to respond. :lol:

Lets deal in reality for a moment.

If you're unfortunate to find yourself a single male at the age of 35 or over your choices of women in UK are limited.

Most of the nice ladies are married. Even if they copped a bast*** first time round they found a good un 2nd go.

Younger women don't fancy you. Reality because you're a bit fat and past your sell buy.

Older women is a dodgy one.

When you're 30 ish it's fine. Older women of say 40's fancy some young bloke hung like a donkey to knock the nuts out of them. They don't want a bloke their own age. So if you're 35 and over things look grim for you.

Of course there are always the nutters and ugly birds with a hatful of kids. You can settle down with one of those and spend the rest of your life having a nightmare.

Oh course there are some attractive girls around the 40's age but they learnt money number 1. You know the score. Fat ugly bloke with Ferrari and supermodel on his arm. See it all the time. Same as Thai girls want so unless you have a nice house, car and a few quid forget it. Oh and by being on here I'd say you're probably not in that catagory. :lol:

Then there is Thailand.

££££'s are worth more than Thai baht so you can leap frog the normal working blokes to get to the sexy looking girls.

It's the way of the world.

Sometimes I wish I was like Shallow Hal.

I know a big fat English bird will probably like me for who I am and not do my head in but I'd rather have a sexy bird who's a bastar* . :lol:

Jesus, those Thai girls REALLY earn their dough on the ho stroll, don't they?

Poor little sods. :(

Actually you're wrong.

As for me.

i feel sorry for u to live with a *** waiting for u in Thailand for a big busness man... u just confimed ur sick life :) also stop to be a liar mate u are just killing urself