House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest KingCharles1st

Unbelievably, I Don't Think There Has Ever Been An "is Gordon Brown A Nutter?" Poll

Guest UK Debt Slave
Even Obama wouldn't speak with him. I would suggest he is delusional rather than a nutter.

mad as a box of frogs

Pumped full of anti-depressants to stop him having a complete breakdown

He exhibits all the symptoms of someone quite deranged

mad as a box of frogs

Pumped full of anti-depressants to stop him having a complete breakdown

He exhibits all the symptoms of someone quite deranged

Met the man. absolutely no awareness at all. That "downfall" pi$$ take was pretty close to the bone!

well, now we are allowed to say the words again, I think he's a Scotty Dick

Delusional is about right. He cannot admit that his decade of imprudence contributed, in large part, to the global mess we are now in. IMO his failure to reign in house prices and the ridiculous levels of debt that were required to fuel the bubble was at the root of the bust.

The delusion is his belief that the way to reduce debt is to increase debt. Or, to put it another way, debt need not be repaid as it is really not debt but growth.

He's a deeply tragic figure.

agreed

Bill Bailey, as a comedian I'd expect him to pick up on emotional nuance - said when he met Brown, that GB seemed tremendously sad, as an attirbute. I can well believe this, his deep fantasy has been punctured.

I personally think he is a very very talented person, but his ambition got in the way - he's a techy, makes an awful manager, should never have been PM, or had ambitions to have been.