House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deadman

Job Interview

I'm going for an auditor/trainer/assistant manager post with an aerospace company tomorrow. After nearly 22 years in the RAF it's time for me to move on.

Drinks all round tomorrow night whatever the result.

Wish me luck :(

Do your best, go in confident that you are the right candidate and the very best of luck.

Thanks everyone. I'm confident and know my stuff but really don't expect to get it.

I guess there are quite a few candidates.

Report to follow.

Again, thanks to all of you for your kind words and advice.

Well. It's over. I was in there for around 40 minutes.

I was presented with several scenarios and asked what my course of action would be, asked things like "what was your biggest mistake", "what are your aspirations" etc. etc. etc.

They liked my CV (apparently). They were particularly interested in my negotiating skills and jumped on one of my qualifications in the subject.

Felt ok overall. They said they'd contact me sometime next week :unsure:

Again, thanks to all of you for your kind words and advice.

Well. It's over. I was in there for around 40 minutes.

I was presented with several scenarios and asked what my course of action would be, asked things like "what was your biggest mistake", "what are your aspirations" etc. etc. etc.

They liked my CV (apparently). They were particularly interested in my negotiating skills and jumped on one of my qualifications in the subject.

Felt ok overall. They said they'd contact me sometime next week :unsure:

Good stuff. For now, the search continues I suppose. All the best with it.

Guest Dizzy Rash Call

I got the job :o

Congratulations, buy something nice with your first pay check (not too silly though :)

Mate, how did you find the RAF? I went to my AFCO a few weeks back to find out about engineer officer roles but I just got offered a new job in electronics in civvy street which I'm going to take instead. Anyway, just interested! :)

EDIT - well done! :):) Why didn't you expect to get it?

Job interviews nowadays, huh!

Welcome to Civvy Street and congratulations.

I wanted to be an RAF Engineer Officer but failed my Nuffield Physics A level. Nearest I got to the RAF in the end was being an Air Cadet (1922 City of Wells Sq). I have been very sick in a Hercules.

Did you still go into engineering then, out of interest?

If you are asking me Tom?, then No, I became a banker.

Then I saw the error of my ways, gave it up having passed my IOB exams and spent a few years hooning around the smoke as a motorcycle courier to the utter disbelief of my colleagues and family. I guess I would have been prime middle management redundancy material about now. One of my biggest regrets was when Cadbury's made a scholarship/job offer to myself and a few of my friends as we were winners in the Young Engineer for Britain in the late seventies. Cadbury's came with lots of pictures of their factory in Bournville and to us country boys it was just far too urban. The regret came when I finally went to Bournville and saw how verdant the whole estate is.