House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Stromba

Brown Gives Freemason Handshake?

Give me a break. As if someone so socially inept could master a system of funny handshakes. I suppose this is a masonic kiss:

brownsplitb2703_468x312.jpg

To me it looked like Brown tried to give a normal handshake but the white-haired guy was trying to go for one of these:

handshake%201.jpg

and when Brown tried to adapt he ended up in a mess with his fingers split.

Guest P-Diddly
yes(one of them anyway),it's called the strong grip.

acodex_64.jpg

This explains why over the years I've always wondered why X, Y or Z (lot's actually) have shaken hands funny.

I'll practice this in the future as a wind up.

Guest Skinty
yes(one of them anyway),it's called the strong grip.

acodex_64.jpg

Apart from the last one they all look the same to me.

It looks like different levels of hand holding - the first one is what would be described as a bit of a wet fish/Grimsby handshake, with a slight rub of a finger knuckle (can't tell which one though) then the second is a straightforward Grimsby (like they're holding your hand like it's a wet fish) the third and fourth pics look about the same to me, apart from the thumb position, and the fifth one, you'd be worrying about whether they were OK.

I was always taught to give a good, but short, firm handshake - some of these handshakes are the ones that I think to myself that they got different career advice at their school...

Does anyone know if you have to give a certain style of handshake back to confirm you uinderstand their mysterious handshaking?

It looks like different levels of hand holding - the first one is what would be described as a bit of a wet fish/Grimsby handshake, with a slight rub of a finger knuckle (can't tell which one though) then the second is a straightforward Grimsby (like they're holding your hand like it's a wet fish) the third and fourth pics look about the same to me, apart from the thumb position, and the fifth one, you'd be worrying about whether they were OK.

I was always taught to give a good, but short, firm handshake - some of these handshakes are the ones that I think to myself that they got different career advice at their school...

Does anyone know if you have to give a certain style of handshake back to confirm you uinderstand their mysterious handshaking?

It's about pressure points. Once the handshake is initiated one person will place a thumb strategically so that the other person, if initiated, will pick up on it and reciprocate. Depending on where you are in the ranking of Freemasonry will depend on where you place your fingers/thumb and vice versa.

Guest AuntJess

In the town where I used to live, I was told by someone - not a mason, but had attended dinners as a guest - that all the people he saw there, were in the 'upper echelons' of the town's ruling elite. He wouldn't name names though. :(

I suspect many big-wigs all around the country are members of same.

We all know that Gordon Brown has, lets be polite, a personality disorder.

Watch the video again. Look at the way Brown just barges the man next to him out of the way.

Quite often it's the small aspects of one's behaviour that defines their character. To me Brown comes across as an arrogant buffoon.

Would any of you reading this behave in this way? I don't think so.

Watch the video again. Look at the way Brown just barges the man next to him out of the way.

Quite often it's the small aspects of one's behaviour that defines their character. To me Brown comes across as an arrogant buffoon.

Would any of you reading this behave in this way? I don't think so.

****** me i'd of nutted the **** if he'd of tried to push me out the way like that. Fat ******ing dirty ****.

Guest P-Diddly
****** me i'd of nutted the **** if he'd of tried to push me out the way like that. Fat ******ing dirty ****.

That's the spirit! :D

I was taken aback by that more than the handshake when I first saw it.

About 14 seconds in he barges that bloke out of the way.

I would have either shouted at him or decked him.

And to, think, we all voted for this....ohhh.

Guest Skinty

What struck me was not just the "live long and prosper" spread of his fingers, but the definite shake and push that followed. That didn't look natural at all. Normally after shaking hands people withdraw them.

What struck me was not just the "live long and prosper" spread of his fingers, but the definite shake and push that followed. That didn't look natural at all. Normally after shaking hands people withdraw them.

Just too, too weird. Confirms what I suspected all along.

If you look at the picture you'll see that each stage the thumb progress's down to the next finger, same on the opposite side like strips on an army uniform determining rank. That last one, the one gordie was using, is actually quite hard to do if you try it :huh: