• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Passat 170tdi sport with DSG in estate form - but a lot more expensive than your VRS for a car that is now based on the same platform (if stretched). Leon has 240hp and is cheap, but not much bigger, if at all - but a fair bit faster.

depends what you are spending, I suppose - if your choice runs from £700 Rover banger, through a T4 (which will be old) to an Octavia (which I have no idea whether it's a new or old shape but I suppose must be between £4.5K and £15K).

Or try a 330d Msport auto touring (E46 or E90) - then tell me diesel's always rubbish (or if you like barges, as it seems you do from the above, a C320cdi estate....).

Or, if petrol Renault Megane 225, MkV Golf GTI or barmily, a Mazda6 MPS 2.3 - 280hp and 4wd ..... it will just do 30mpg and is bigger, faster and grips for Osaka..... - and dirt cheap too, if you can spot it in the car park (but again, given the T4 and 600ti....).

Atm ive got a Mitsu Galant 2.4gdi, tend to get 35-40mpg, i think its around 160hp (or was when it rolled out of the factory)

I guess the s40 t4 and octavia are actually a bit smaller. Not really one for the badge thingy, if i didnt mind the 25mpg one of those v6 Kia Magentis' look alright. Also got a thing about saloons. has to be a saloon or a large coupe!

Again, the old man had a BMW 3 diesel, and its turbos kept blowing up. Maybe he's just unlucky with cars. I always find the ride in Beemers (even the 7) a bit hard too, more of a waftmobile enthusiast!

I dont think diesels are rubbish, just prejudiced against the diesel sound. Saw a 635d the other day, and despite what everyone says, it *still* sounds like any other diesel to me!

HOLA445