House Price Crash Forum

'i'm Proud It Cost Police £10,000', Says Teenager Whose Facebook Party Became A Riot

Hectors House

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...g-handlers.html

A teenage party advertised on Facebook descended into a 'riot' after it was gatecrashed by some 150 unwanted guests.

A police helicopter was scrambled and around 70 officers from two forces were called in to maintain order after the party spiralled into chaos.

Around nine patrol cars and two vans battled with about 30 troublemakers on a quiet residential street as they struggled to eject would-be revellers from the area.

Teenager Jordan Wright, who lives with his mother Sherry in the downstairs maisonette, advertised the party on his Facebook page by typing 'come to a party on the 18th' as his status entry.

But the teenager said he had not mentioned where it was and did not expect so many people to arrive.

'I really didn't think many people would turn up but word got around because I know quite a few people in Farnborough,' he said.

'I thought 100 would be a decent amount but many, many more turned up.

'I knew about 80 per cent of the people in the party and it got too packed and out of hand but I think the real havoc was going on outside.'

Meanwhile the stepfather of one of the teens holding the party spoke of his dismay that his stepdaughter seemed 'proud' of the mayhem she caused - which he called 'stupid, unnecessary and embarrassing'.

Seva Nurueva, 15, held the gathering jointly with her neighbour Jordan Wright, 15, at their adjoining homes in Farnborough, Hampshire.

Around a month before the event Miss Nurueva had invited friends - but disobeyed her stepfather's instructions to keep the details off the internet.

And by 10pm on Saturday things had rapidly got out of hand as youths from miles around descended on the gathering.

Revellers smashed a table in Jordan's home, vomited in his bedroom and several fights broke out in the garden outside the property.

Officers from two counties - Hampshire and Surrey - including dog handlers took nearly two hours to disperse the crowd, with around 30 people engaged in 'anti-social behaviour' according to police.

Five men aged between 17 and 19 were arrested from the Farnborough and Aldershot areas.

troublemakers at a teenage party in Farnborough, which was gatecrashed by more than 100 people

A neighbour, Deborah Hunter, said: 'We came home after an evening out and were confronted by hundreds of youths - male and female - spilling out on to the street from a party that was being held at the two houses. It escalated into a riot.

'It was so frantic. There were more than 50 police officers in a shoulder to shoulder formation, pushing a crowd of 150 kids down the street. It was scary.

'It could have been really nasty had police not stepped in. There were about 20 police vehicles, a helicopter and police dogs.

'One community police officer was sprayed in the eyes with something and there was another lad who was screaming 'my eyes, my eyes'. It was so frantic.

'There were children as young as 14 who were drunk. Cans and bottles were everywhere scattered on my garden and I saw people leaping over fences from garden to garden.

Miss Nurueva's stepfather, Laurence, in his 40s, said he warned her not to advertise it on Facebook.

He said yesterday: 'She's got a lot to talk about at school. I think the kids were proud because they got on to the news.

'I told them it's nothing to be proud of, it was stupid, unnecessary and embarrassing.

'I've got to give the neighbours bottles of wine and apology cards.'

He continued: 'As soon as two kids know, 200 know, that's why I told her not to put it on Facebook.

'At 8 o'clock things were fine, but more and more kids came.

By 10pm there were 150 people milling about and it all kicked off with fights. There were men and girls fighting in the garden.

'One girl hit the other on the head with a bottle. I couldn't control it. At half past ten the police turned up.

'They were tipping away cans of beer and bottles and trying to clear the area.'

Police then sealed off the road, and marched, ten abreast, with arms linked to clear the street, he said.

The police only left the street at 4am, he added.

Contrary to her stepfather's view, Miss Nurueva appeared contrite. She said: 'We are really sorry for all the damage we caused.

'It was scary - I did not really know what to do. All I did was cry.'

Sherry Wright, 34, Jordan's mother, said: '[The party] was quite peaceful to start off with but then it all got out of hand. I do not know what happened.'

Detective Inspector Steve Cook said: 'Police from Hampshire and Surrey responded swiftly and effectively with extra officers to prevent a large public order situation from escalating within the community.

'The violence reported was contained, and there have been no reports of serious injuries or further calls about disorder in the area.

'I would like to thank the community for their support, and all the witnesses who have provided statements to police already.’

HOLA442
HOLA443
Soft as shite in this country, those kids should have got the police bill. They would not be so proud then.

As usual trouble makers can take the piss with no follow up.

And you really want to lower the age of consent when 15 year olds demonstrate such irresponsibility, lack of regard and respect?

OK with me provided you are prepared to pick up the whole tax tab for the consequences................

:rolleyes:

HOLA444
And you really want to lower the age of consent when 15 year olds demonstrate such irresponsibility, lack of regard and respect?

OK with me provided you are prepared to pick up the whole tax tab for the consequences................

:rolleyes:

Quote me where I said that.

You won't be able to.

HOLA445
Guest anorthosite

Who says kids these days don't know how to party?

It didn't cost anything though - it just kept a bunch of uniformed thugs from chasing easy targets for a few hours.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Archived